NEW Mario Party 10 Roster Wants Thread

Do you want King Boo as a playable character?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
King Antasma said:
I'm sure Koops would be easily recognized as a friendly Koopa.

Same goes for Goombario, Bow, Parakarry and the rest.

Hell, even Vivian and Ms. Mowz would fit in since I think enough would recognize them, about as many as recognized Honey Queen.

I think the average audience would say, "who the crap is koops and why is koopa, goomba, and stuff all wearing clothes like wtf"

What are they going to sound like? They're not getting generic enemy voices; that would strip them of their personality, and that's bad.

A little kid is more likely to recognize a Koopa or Goomba than Koops or Goombella. You have to think a lot of the little kids playing games like Mario Kart and Mario Party haven't played the RPGs and have no idea about them.

The non specific enemy characters on the roster aren't generic, they are the original versions, you don't call the originals generic.

i'm pretty sure tucayo had wings

No, the wings were just cardboard cutouts, but it's hard to tell because he's a paper character in the first place.

As for voices, it's Nintendo. They can voice anything. Maybe the voice actors for the generic enemies can just say some words or something.

King Antasma said:
As for voices, it's Nintendo. They can voice anything. Maybe the voice actors for the generic enemies can just say some words or something.
Except they aren't voice actors. They're computer-generated noises.

I prefer the classic designs anyhow, they are far more important to this franchise than some minor spin off characters.

Who thinks that waste of creativity known as Pink Gold Peach should be in another game?

Lumastar said:
Dr. Mario said:
King Antasma said:
Except they aren't voice actors. They're computer-generated noises.
Maybe they can get original voice actors.

I doubt Nintendo would be eager to spend money just to change the voice of a specific Koopa, Goomba, Boo, etc.

I'm still waiting on a playable goomba.

The regulars are better anyhow.

King Antasma said:
Nah, names and personalities to set them apart makes the partners better.

But then we consider the fact that won't be emphasised in the slightest then it ultimately comes down to design and importance, to which the regulars are superior.

Though importance can be changed by using them more.

But having Kooper in Mario Kart would be a bit of effort considering it also belongs to Intelligant Systems, and in the end it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Peri Peri said:

But having Kooper in Mario Kart would be a bit of effort considering it also belongs to Intelligant Systems, and in the end it wouldn't be worth the effort.

There is nothing they could ever hope to do that tops the importance of what the regulars bring to this franchise.

Mcmadness said:
Peri Peri said:

There is nothing they could ever hope to do that tops the importance of what the regulars bring to this franchise.
If they appeared in every Mario spin-off and mainstream games regularly, it's possible.

But like that's ever gonna happen.

Back