3DS To Get Home Menu Themes

Dr. Mario said:
Dr. John H. Watson said:
Problem is that I got WL1 already and i dont really care for any of the other cheap games

Gabumon said:
Save your money and buy something worthwhile instead.

this maybe but im actually not regretting anything.
Use that money for something during a Steam sale. Buy candy or burger with it. Save it. Any of these choices will satisfy better than a dingy digital wallpaper that should've been free or require some effort in the form of play coins, Club Nintendo points, or purchasing a game in the first place.
You can actually redeem codes for themes, so one of those (probably the latter) will likely become a thing soon.

King Antasma said:
Wait, is it even possible to take money off the nintendo account to use it for that kind of stuff?
I don't know.

But either way, save it for something better.

Robin said:
Dr. Mario said:
Dr. John H. Watson said:
Problem is that I got WL1 already and i dont really care for any of the other cheap games

Gabumon said:
Save your money and buy something worthwhile instead.

this maybe but im actually not regretting anything.
Use that money for something during a Steam sale. Buy candy or burger with it. Save it. Any of these choices will satisfy better than a dingy digital wallpaper that should've been free or require some effort in the form of play coins, Club Nintendo points, or purchasing a game in the first place.
You can actually redeem codes for themes, so one of those (probably the latter) will likely become a thing soon.
That's better use of something, especially if codes are bundled with the games.

It would encourage people to buy games, that's good.

ThreeThousand said:
Dr. John H. Watson said:
Lakituthequick said:
Marth said:
MaMeSoPa said:
Why menu themes had to be so expensive? I only have 45 cents left. Why not use play coins instead? (we only use it for Streetpass Mii Plaza)?

And Smash Bros.
I can confirm that Lego PotC also used them.

I can confirm Lego Star Wars 3 also use them to unlock some characters.
As does Shovel Knight
And Tekken 3D Prime Edition

I can't choose, Black or Blue, Blue or Black....

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
unless you don't have one lel

bich plz I was d0 amazon sent me my wii u one day before official europe launch.
i got mine in june for 3D world and mario kart lel
i'm getting more games for it soon

I got my Wii U for Christmas in 2012. I have Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Super Mario 3D World, and Mario Kart 8. I want Smash Wii U and Captain Toad.

Stargazing said:
I personally think some will be bundled with games, like what about that Rosalina theme? I was looking for it and couldn't find it. Probably bundled with a new game...
It was released.

NINTENDO IS SENDING OUT MORE DOWNLOADCODES VIA EMAIL! HURRAY!

THIS TIME:

Halloween home menu theme

loses validity after october 30th

will become a normal purchaseable theme afterwards.

I've googled and so far they only seem to have sent those out in Germany (and possibly other PAL countries?)

Dr. John H. Watson said:
I've googled and so far they only seem to have sent those out in Germany (and possibly other PAL countries?)

Yeah, I've gotten the email and downloaded the theme some time ago. It even has music.

So it's probably a PAL thing for now.

Lakituthequick said:
Picture:
large.jpg

Well, that cat thing looks neat. If someone has spare codes, I'd love to release you of it.
If you had been an hour faster I would've given you mine, but I've already used it.

Here's what the email looks like, though:

vRpY5Pm.png

small print said:
Nintendo UK, Quadrant, 55-57 High Street, Windsor, SL4 1LP, UK http://www.nintendo.co.uk
Nintendo of Europe GmbH, Nintendo Center, 63760 Großostheim, Germany VAT-number: DE 132095955
Company registered at Local Court of Aschaffenburg: HRB 4276 Managing Director (Geschäftsführer): Satoru Shibata

Getting it for free seems to be PAL only. If I wanted it, I could get it for a dollar right now (well, 99 cents, but who's counting?).

Back