3DS To Get Home Menu Themes

R.O.B. said:
Got "Felt-Stamped Mario Characters"

I don't think it was worth it, but the music is cool
I was gonna get it, I assume the theme is bad?

Now I have other options to choose from. Hm, which to pick...?
hah i probably won't get any till christmas

Why are you guys buying themes?

How Nintendo deals with themes is bad business practices, especially compared to how other companies (Mozilla Firefox is a great example) deal with their digital skins that have little substance. Themes should be free, IMO, or at least they should come bundled with a Nintendo copy of the game. Not this $2 a pop crap.

I haven't bought one, but I might.

I personally think some will be bundled with games, like what about that Rosalina theme? I was looking for it and couldn't find it. Probably bundled with a new game...

Please don't buy any themes. Just look how a lot of other companies deal with themes. They're free and some are even user-generated. Call me sour and overreactive, but this kind of feels like a scam.

I personally think the prices are nice, mainly because we first thought they were like, 5-10 bucks.

well last time i had leftover money i bought sonic the hedgehog 3d classics version

bad idea.

so i think this money is better placed here, hell its only like 2€ anyways so what do i care

if i want to buy anything il buy a new eshop card anyways.

That 3 Euro can go a long way for something better than some digitized wallpaper.

Dr. Mario said:
That 3 Euro can go a long way for something better than some digitized wallpaper.

yeah i could buy new songs for theatrhythm final fantasy for like 2€ each

like that would be better

Dr. Mario said:
Please don't buy any themes. Just look how a lot of other companies deal with themes. They're free and some are even user-generated. Call me sour and overreactive, but this kind of feels like a scam.

I pretty much agree 100%. What they offer here is not worth 2€.

The first time I checked out the theme shop, I was already taken aback that they expect you to pay real money. One could say I should've expected it since the thing has "shop" in its name, but I thought maybe it'd require some sort of virtual currency, like those coins you get for walking around with your 3DS in sleep mode.

Then I checked out what's being sold, and here I got the second shock. Considering they're just selling virtual wallpapers, I expected some negligible price like 0.10€. But no, 1.99€. To put that into perspective, instead of buying two wallpapers you could actually buy Wario Land 1, a solid 2D platformer that will entertain you and potentially save you when you're bored out of your mind while waiting for the bus or something.

Save your money and buy something worthwhile instead.

Problem is that I got WL1 already and i dont really care for any of the other cheap games

Gabumon said:

this maybe but im actually not regretting anything.

Is a Euro worth more than a dollar? They sell here for $1.99, and I want to see which region has the most expensive wallpaper.

By the way, here with tax, it's $2.25. I checked using my trusty calculator

1.99€ is equivalent to $2.51 as of the current exchange rate.

Gabumon said:
US or Canadian?

If Canadian, mine is $0.26 cheaper. It's kinda the same thing though, so in the end we're both losing money on a virtual wallpaper.

i went and got one don't kill me

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Also it's not only the wallpaper it also plays the zelda theme

use intensifies
mine has retro music and sounds tho

(by the way guys, with the left over money i'm getting like two games so that's three ways in one)

Rosalina and Luma said:
Gabumon said:
US or Canadian?

If Canadian, mine is $0.26 cheaper. It's kinda the same thing though, so in the end we're both losing money on a virtual wallpaper.

US Dollar.

also my folder icons are little chests

i mean who could withstand it?

okay ill admit it it was a terrible choice i want my money back

Gabumon said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
Gabumon said:
US or Canadian?

US Dollar.
Okay. 1 Canadian dollar is 0.71€. So, $1.99 is 1.41€, me thinks, unless I did it wrong.

I'm just going to quietly get Wario Land 1... lol nope not enough

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Problem is that I got WL1 already and i dont really care for any of the other cheap games

Gabumon said:

this maybe but im actually not regretting anything.
Use that money for something during a Steam sale. Buy candy or burger with it. Save it. Any of these choices will satisfy better than a dingy digital wallpaper that should've been free or require some effort in the form of play coins, Club Nintendo points, or purchasing a game in the first place.

Back