Pokken Tournament

FUCK.

YES.

I hope Robert Belgrade does the announcing voices.

He has done it for many Tekken games. He also voiced Alucard in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (the PS1 original dub, not the Dracula X Chronicles PSP re-dub version in which he was voiced by Yuri Lowenthal instead), and Signas in Mega Man X7 (that awful piece of shit on PS2).

Pokken Tournament sounds like a nice game though. I would say okay to it.

I wonder if the Shadow Mewtwo will work as a Smash amiibo. I certainly hope so, because that would be extra incentive to get Pokken Fighters. I have never played a Tekken game in my life, so I don't know how fierce it would be.

I do have to say that Chandelure is a very inspired choice. Glad to see that this game is not riddled with Fighting-types.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
I wonder if the Shadow Mewtwo will work as a Smash amiibo. I certainly hope so, because that would be extra incentive to get Pokken Fighters. I have never played a Tekken game in my life, so I don't know how fierce it would be.

I do have to say that Chandelure is a very inspired choice. Glad to see that this game is not riddled with Fighting-types.

Thanks for reading.
I'm just glad it isn't TOO riddled with humanoid bipeds.

Striker Mario said:
winstein said:

Thanks for reading.
I'm just glad it isn't TOO riddled with humanoid bipeds.

Yes, that's also something I appreciate. Pokemon battles aren't just about bipeds. Although Suicune isn't my choice for what I want, I can at least appreciate its quadrupedal body type.

Thanks for reading.

eh, personally I don't care what body type/pokemon type they are, as long as the ones they choose each have their own unique playstyles. Kinda like how Blaziken and Braixen are both bipeds and fire-types but the former wants to fight up close during the 2d phase and the latter (supposedly) wants to fight at range during the 3d phase, just as a super basic example.

but I can see why people care so hopefully the ones they end up choosing can keep said people happy.

they should add scizor though real talk

Wii U Character Select Screen (15 Characters; room for 20)
9ZNcrdv.jpg

Wii U Stage Select Screen (19 Stages)
8OhuWtE.png

It's interesting that the locked stages are still visible when any 'locked' characters that might be in the game aren't.

Note that Mewtwo isn't on the character select screen here, he might be occupy the same space as Shadow Mewtwo but seems kinda unlikely since Pikachu and Pikachu Libre don't. So possibly 4 more characters to see, maybe they'll show something off on Pokemon Day or w/e, or maybe they'll add more characters after launch through DLC. The idea that they'll just keep them secret until the game is released didn't really cross my mind until a while after looking at the picture but that's possible too.

Diggersby Land tho

Mewtwo is on the bottom left of the roster, it doesn't appear that the four empty spots on the roster hold any other pokemon according to this guy who's played the game a bit and unlocked Mewtwo+all the stages.

There seems to be a pretty good amount of customisation of that avatar character you get, and I guess the tutorial girl as well since she seems to be wearing different stuff than I've seen in literally every other video.

Magneton, Quagsire, Reshiram, Cresselia, Yveltal or Latios are the last few support Pokemon to choose from. He didn't show all the stages because idk, that was what I was most interested in tbh.

Anyway I'm looking forward to this game.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/253236-pokken-tournament-devs-aimed-for-realistic-visual-style-hidden-t

There are actually a few signature Tekken moves performed by the Pokémon in the game.

hype

So if you wanted to hear the music from the Magikarp Festival stage for thirty minutes
here it is

I've heard the music for a couple other stages in some videos too, the music in this game is great. Also the gameplay looks way better in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

I'm hyped.

This reminds me of Mortal Kombat: Deception more than Tekken.
That said, I have only played Tekken Advance.

Threek said:
Flora said:
Magikarp Festival stage

This is literally just a stage from Tekken Tag Tournament 2 with Magikarp in it.

i love it

can i insert

ITS THE KING OF KARP, MAGIKARP, DOO'OOOOH

here?

jpg

good

People who ragequit online annoy me to no end so I'm glad there's a punishment for it. Granted it's just some in-game funds but it's better than just a slap on the wrist.

EDIT:
Game get! I'm actually off work today so if anyone else has it I'll be down for some battles.

tried the demo, the visuals are great and gengar is extremely fun to play as but i'm not sure i'd be up for purchasing the whole game though. maybe someday :luigi:

Back