Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Dr. Mario said:
Frollo said:
The main theme in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS DRIVES. ME. CRAZY.
Yes yes yes, I'm not the only one in this thread aside from my sister who can't stand the menu music in that game.

Yes, I heard it from the demo and from briefly turning on the music.
And the remixes aren't that good either.

I do kinda feel Smash 4's theme is a tad more generic compared to Melee and Brawl's themes. But eh I don't mind it that much.

Northern Verve said:
I do kinda feel Smash 4's theme is a tad more generic compared to Melee and Brawl's themes. But eh I don't mind it that much.
I'm not fond of that theme. I agree with you on that, although unlike you, for me, the theme gets tired and grating extremely quickly.

I quite like the theme personally, it's easily my favorite Smash theme thus far

MeltdownKP1 said:
Smash 4 is the definition of one step forward, two steps back.
What do you mean?

Magikrazy said:
It means he doesnt like it
I know, but what did it do right, and what terribly wrong?

i dont know

going by what he has posted before i assume he wanted godzilla

however im probably extremely off

Fat Mario said:
What do you mean?

It made a lot of improvements to the gameplay compared to Smash Brawl like the hitstun, speed increase, and the removal of tripping, but it unnecessarily buffed aspects like shields and rolling. Not to mention it introduced the rage mechanic and it still has the awful airdodge. Oh and vectoring too. We need the old DI back.

Magikrazy said:
Ehhh it's an ok game to have mindless fun in but it won't last for more than year.

GalacticPetey said:
Anyway, my unpopular opinion is that Pichu should be in Project M.
I actually think that Pikachu made much more sense to get a clone than Jigglypuff or Mewtwo. However, Raichu would have been a better choice. I see the relationship between Pikachu and Pichu in a similar manner to how I see the relationship between Mario and Luigi. The clone/semi-clone is introduced as a more oddball character than the original with weaker attacks overall and less launch resistance, but they have certain attacks that are stronger than the originals. The reason this worked for Luigi is because Mario is all-around. However, Pikachu is already light with some weak attacks. Pichu ends up becoming a very light character with some very weak attacks. In addition, Pichu also gets damaged by some of its best attacks. This might work well for a heavier character, but Pichu's lightness becomes a bigger threat as you take damage to utilize a key move. Overall, Pichu ends up becoming the worst clone in Melee.

If Raichu had been chosen, it could have been a heavier and stronger version of Pikachu at the cost of losing some mobility and recovery. It would be a good counterpart to Pikachu in relation to stats.

Pichu was a joke character.

He was made bad on purpose.

I don't think Raichu works well as a joke character since he's supposed to be stronger than Pikachu.

Also I love Pichu.

MeltdownKP1 said:
Fat Mario said:
What do you mean?

It made a lot of improvements to the gameplay compared to Smash Brawl like the hitstun, speed increase, and the removal of tripping, but it unnecessarily buffed aspects like shields and rolling. Not to mention it introduced the rage mechanic and it still has the awful airdodge. Oh and vectoring too. We need the old DI back.

Magikrazy said:
Ehhh it's an ok game to have mindless fun in but it won't last for more than year.

Actually the 1.0.4 patch brought back the old DI.

Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
Northern Verve said:
I'm not fond of that theme. I agree with you on that, although unlike you, for me, the theme gets tired and grating extremely quickly.

I have the menu theme permanently set to the Melee Trophy Gallery theme on the Wii U version :P

Oh nooooo what am I going to do....

I'm a Melee fantard, so yeah, I think Smash 4 is worse than Melee by a fair margin, but I can't argue beyond this once I've discovered Mario's tourney standings related to Smash 4 (so far). It's good.

Back