Worst Mario Kart Items?

What top three Mario Kart items do you want to invite to your party and then beat the hell out of th

• Banana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triple Bananas

• Blooper

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Bob-omb

• Boo

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Boomerang Flower

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Bowser Shell

• Bullet Bill/Chain Chomp

• Coin

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Crazy 8/Lucky Seven

• Yoshi Egg/Birdo Egg

• Fake Item Box

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Feather

• Fireball

• Fire Flower

• Giant Banana

• Golden Mushroom

• Green Shell

• Triple Green Shells

• Heart

• Mega Mushroom

• Mushroom

• Triple Mushrooms

• Potted Piranha Plant

• POW Block

• Red Shell

• Triple Red Shells

• Spiny Shell

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Star

• Super Horn

• Super Leaf

• Thunderbolt

• Thunder Cloud

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • A Mario Kart Arcade GP item

• Total voters
You loved all caps a lot, from those posts.

My vote was Coin.

I wish Boo would return. Stealing an item was fun.

While the Blue Shell can be bad, it's nowhere as bad as the Super Horn.
For starters, it completely defeats the Spiny/ Blue Shells existence.
Not to mention it's pretty rare to get one in first place, making it somewhat useless.

My least favorite items I only have Mario kart Wii so pls don't comment how some items are worse
3 is Fake Item box it does not even shield you from red shells
2 is thundercloud bet Nintendo was thinking hey what if we made an Item that gives the player speed and gives them a chance to shrink another player if they are fast enough
1 is a lightning bolt well if you don´t have it because there is no warning and well Oh boy I kept my mushroom and I am in first.ZAP oh no blue shell
or Tiny pit like in Koopa cape.Or you are taking a huge offroad shortcut but your fine because you have a golden mushroom ZAP.Well I am stuck

While the Blue Shell can be bad, it's nowhere as bad as the Super Horn.
For starters, it completely defeats the Spiny/ Blue Shells existence.
Not to mention it's pretty rare to get one in first place, making it somewhat useless.

You think the Blue Shell and Super Horn bad? Wait until you see the POW Block, which thankfully only appears in Mario Kart Wii. That item appears insanely often, and the worst part is that you'll lose your items unless you're in the air. Not to mention it's just a copy of the Lightning. The Thunder Cloud is even worse and is the worst item ever, but thankfully, just like the POW Block, it only appears in Mario Kart Wii. You go faster, but then you shrink if you don't pass it to another racer.

Anyway, good point on the fact that the Super Horn is rare for 1st place. While it is satisfying to finally be able to destroy a Blue Shell after so many years, it kind of defeats the purpose of the Blue Shell's existence.

Last edited:
Super Horn is rare though and doesn't nullify the Spiny Shell, not really. In my experience, it rarely does its intended job. You lose it a lot of times by lightning bolts, but you'll probably end up using it if Red Shells are after you.

It's been some years since I played MK8 and I remember the Super Horn as being 'the rare item that could give you the chance of destroying the Spiny Shell if you time its usage just right' and not 'rare item that completely nullifies the Spiny Shell no matter what'.

(I might be bad at Mario Kart though so IDK if some of y'all can always time it right)

Diddy's special the Banana Cannon .. It only shoots Infront me seriously?! Total self sabotage

Super Horn sucks I play Mario kart wii and I do perfectly fine with using Mushrooms to dodge blue shells

Not during the grand prix
I was doing the 50cc flower cup and i got blue-shelled 10 time
and in vs I do aggressive items ,hard cpu's and Mirror mode(sorry if I spoiled that for you) plus random maps

i like the pow block is that weird and unholy
(it can get annoying though)
it is not like the lightning bolt because it gives you a warning and you can avoid it(being in the air or behind the user)
it only happens like once per race so I don't know what you are talking about

Yeah, and it's far better than the menace that is the POW Block. Losing your items unless you're in the air from that thing is not even funny in the slightest, and considering it comes up insanely often, it's going to happen a lot.

I wonder if Boo as an item was removed because he's now playable?

I wonder if Boo as an item was removed because he's now playable?

The playable Boo you're referring to is King Boo. But that could be a possible reason why the Boo wasn't an item in Double Dash or Wii. Similarly, I wonder why the Blooper item, despite barely affecting the standings for human players, has been in ever Mario Kart since DS.

Back