• All three Lords of Shadow games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E.T

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Bubsy 3D

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • All of the games except for Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy 2

• Both Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros.2, Yoshi's New Island and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

• Both Mega Man 8, Mega Man X6 and 7, and Resident Evil 6

• Both Action 52 and Cheetahmen II

• Hotel Mario

• Zelda's Adventure

• Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

• Link: The Faces of Evil

• Ride to Hell: Retribution

• Microshaft Winblows 98

• Sonic R

• Sonic Free Riders

• Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Just Sonic 06, Sonic R, Sonic Free Riders and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

• Both Castlevania 64, the Lords of Shadow games and Castlevania The Adventure.

• Super Mario 3D Land

• Castlevania: The Adventure

• Contra: Legacy of War

• C: The Contra Adventure

• Haunted Castle

• Shaq Fu

• Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

• Daikatana

• Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis

• Ninjabread Man

• Silver Surfer

• Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

• Air Control

• Shadow the Hedgehog

• Sonic Unleashed

• Charlie's Angel

• Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure

• Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

• Castlevania Judgement

• Total voters
IMO the only game in the NSMB series that is even remotely close to "good" is NSMBW, and even that is sort of "meh".

Stargazing said:
nsmb is my favourite ((mainly due to bias)), although I can't find it which makes me sad
I remember when I first played NSMB. It sucked really badly. The levels were boring, the game was too short, and it was overall waaaaayyyyyy too easy. I still think all those things. It was a very very very unsatisfying game.

DragonFreak said:
Stargazing said:
nsmb is my favourite ((mainly due to bias)), although I can't find it which makes me sad
I remember when I first played NSMB. It sucked really badly. The levels were boring, the game was too short, and it was overall waaaaayyyyyy too easy. I still think all those things. It was a very very very unsatisfying game.
It was my first Mario game and took me years to beat ((iirc I beat it after I played Wii's W8 final level at a friend's house)), but it kept me entertained until I beat it. I probably could beat again if I found it and tried but I can't remember how the castle levers worked and where they were in the castle itself, so I'd probably lose all my lives. Thrice.

And, I'll maintain for the last time that Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the last good 3D Mario platformer because had that magnum opus charm and it was the last to offer freedom and non linear exploration.

However New Super Mario Bros. 2 to me is the first bad Mario platformer because it's a real soulless cashgrab like what I said.

To be honest Galaxy 2 is a lot better than New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS and Mega Man X6 for Sony's PlayStation 1. Galaxy 2 at least had tons of new gimmicks in it, whereas NSMB.2 had no new interesting gimmick in it whatsover and it was lame as hell and it's much much worse than Mega Man X6. Galaxy 2 had more effort put into the plot and level design when compared to NSMB2. Galaxy 2 atleast had more variety in the level designs and had some nice abstract looking ones when compared to Galaxy 1 which had some plain, generic, boring, iffy, reused level design in some of the levels. The Chimp Stomp challenges are a brand new gimmick; the Drill,Cloud and Rock powerups are gimmicks and plus some of the stages are designed to take advantage of the new powerups; plus a new gimmick is that one level where you have to fly using a bird (which has to me awful controls which are lightyears worse than The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword);it also has better management of the Comet Missions. In Galaxy 1, whenever a comet appears on any one of the levels in a dome, you are forced to do it and that really pissed the shit out of me. Also the comet missions were randomized in Galaxy 1. In Galaxy 2, the Comet missions aren't randomized and they only appear on a level based on the number of Comet Medals that you've collected. Plus, in Galaxy 2 you're not forced to do the Comet missions immediately as they happen. You can delay them and come back to them and do the missions in sequence. That's a great improvement. To me that does improve the overall gameplay experience. Sure Galaxy 2 does reuse some gimmicks from Galaxy 1 but half of the gimmicks in Galaxy 2 are completely new to the game.

To top it all off Galaxy 2 is better than NSMB.2. Galaxy 2 had far more effort in it than say NSMB.2.

I agree Super Mario Gapaxy 2 was one of the greatest of the Super Mario series, but not that it was the last great one. 3D World was also great.

3D World is arguably on the level of Sunshine, which to me is the weakest of the 3D collectathons. 64 and Galaxy are about tied for awesomeness, while Galaxy 2 is right below, then Sunshine and 3D World, with 3D Land being the worst.

Though Sunshine and 3D World have completely different and unrelated flaws. Sunshine's biggest flaw is its physics and difficulty. 3D World's flaws revolve around it being based more on 3D Land than the other console 3D Mario games.

Toy Chica said:
Wittgenstein said:
3D World's flaws revolve around it being based more on 3D Land than the other console 3D Mario games.
Yeah I wasn't very fond of the 3D Land style of gameplay and honestly 3D World worries me that this is going to be the general style of Mario games from now on

Yeah, me too. I want the old non linear style 3D Mario back.

The Ultimate Pwwnd123 said:
Toy Chica said:
Wittgenstein said:
3D World's flaws revolve around it being based more on 3D Land than the other console 3D Mario games.
Yeah I wasn't very fond of the 3D Land style of gameplay and honestly 3D World worries me that this is going to be the general style of Mario games from now on

Except it's not nonlinear.

Mario Party X said:
Toy Chica said:
Wittgenstein said:

Non linear to me means having the ability to explore around the area thoroughly without any limitations, to me that's like say Metroid and Castlevania:Symphony of The Night and the other "Metroidvania" games after Castlevania Symphony of The Night for example that are games that were designed to be non linear. 3D Land and 3D World are restricted and linear. Though starting with the Galaxy dualogy the 3D Marios started adding elements of the 2D Marios like say the Power Ups.

Mario Party X said:
Toy Chica said:
Wittgenstein said:

Non linear to me means having the ability to explore around the area thoroughly without any limitations, to me that's like say Metroid and Castlevania:Symphony of The Night and the other "Metroidvania" games after Castlevania Symphony of The Night for example that are games that were designed to be non linear. 3D Land and 3D World are restricted and linear. Though starting with the Galaxy dualogy the 3D Marios started adding elements of the 2D Marios like say the Power Ups.
Super Mario 64 is quasi-non linear. It's much more linear than you think. Each world has its own layout and events, but there's a goal at the end. There are some exploration, but I wouldn't call that "exploration".

I think the new additions and gimmicks in Galaxy 2 are worth the full price. They are big and improve over the gameplay. To me, Galaxy 2's graphics are high poly than anything that could have possibly have been outputted by PlayStation 2's Graphics Synthesizer GPU.

Mario Party X said:
Mario Party X said:
Toy Chica said:
Wittgenstein said:

Super Mario 64 is quasi-non linear. It's much more linear than you think. Each world has its own layout and events, but there's a goal at the end. There are some exploration, but I wouldn't call that "exploration".

Okay so it's half non linear and linear. Sunshine was kinda restrictive in certain elements.

I'll add Shadow the Hedgehog. It's really bad.

Edit: I did add it.

I added Sonic Unleashed to the poll because the reviews said that it sucks.

By the way folks, here is a tribute video that I made honoring the shittyness of both Paper Mario Sticker Star and Mega Man X7. It's also a mini tribute to Super Paper Mario.

x6 is worse than x7 by far (no matter how bad x7 is)

i didnt even care for x7 anymore because by then the damage has already been done

even if x7 is a objectively worse game than x6 its like with wind waker, its just my personal hate

good music though

I added Charlie's Angel and Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure to the list.

With Ultra Smash receiving lots of hate. I thought I may add it to the poll.

Back