Which series has the best multiplayer, Mario Kart or Mario Party?

Which series has the best multiplayer, Mario Kart or Mario Party?

• Mario Kart

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Mario Party

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Can't Decide

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
Which series do you think has the best multiplayer, Mario Kart or Mario Party? While I've had fun playing both series in multiplayer I would say Mario Kart is the best. I've had so much fun of Mario Kart Wii with my sister. It never gets old.

You can't compare the two.

I like both games, although Mario Party offers a much more options to torture Wario.

Really toughie

For starters I really really REALLY adore Mario Party

Then again, Mario Kart is all about cars and Baby Luigi, something great that Mario Party lacks.

Mario Party has luck-based minigames and Fortune Spaces

Mario Kart has spiny hells and thunderblokes and luck crap too.

I really can't choose.

Well I have done Multiplayer Mario Party, but with one other person but it wasn't a blast or anything exciting. If I had some friends who wanted to play a Mario game, I would pick Mario Kart over Mario Party. Although Mario Party has minigames and a lot of times you won't admit you lost so you repeat the minigames over and over which gets fun just to see your friends fail.

If you have (preferably three) real-life friends to play Mario Party with, then that's definitely better. If not, Mario Kart is.

I have no one to play Mario Party with (though I still like it), therefore Mario Kart wins by a landslide.

It really depends, while I greatly prefer Mario Kart since it has some emphasis on skill while Mario Party has almost none, considering the fact that most people in my life are significantly less experienced than I am the fact that Mario Party is almost all a skill game certainly evens out the chances of anyone winning and I don't have to give myself a 3 minute handicap at the start of everything.

So Mario Party I would say is better if you have a lot of time to kill and all your friends are different skill levels, but Mario Kart is much more fun if everyone you're playing with is equally experienced, which is why I'm glad Mario Kart got online before Mario Party which still hasn't.

SKmarioman said:
So Mario Party I would say is better if you have a lot of time to kill and all your friends are different skill levels, but Mario Kart is much more fun if everyone you're playing with is equally experienced, which is why I'm glad Mario Kart got online before Mario Party which still hasn't.
Doesn't Mario Party Island Tour have Online Multiplayer but only available for single minigame sessions?

On a side note, Mario Party has the better Multiplayer but only if your playing one of the 3 last GameCube installments.

Streetpass is more akin to leaderboards that only show records from people you specifically walk past.

Back