Smash Bros. Character/Roster Merit

Could you do Kamek?

Rayman, Captain Toad

Kamek

Type of Character: Newcomer
Franchise: Yoshi and/or Mario

My Level of Want

Kamek would be my choice if there must be a 2nd rep for Yoshi. Baby Mario and/or Baby Duo would work fine with me as well but I'd prefer who is basically the recurring villain. I don't think Kamek will be anyone I desperately want anytime soon though. It's true he's not quite that big of a name.

Estimated Chance

He's already a stage element on the NSMBU stage. I doubt they make him playable. And even if that wasn't against him, he's just not popular enough within the Mario series and Yoshi doesn't necessarily need another rep.

Rayman

Type of Character: 3rd Party Newcomer
Franchise: Rayman

My Level of Want

I'll just say I'd like him if he was in. Rayman's been around a decent amount of time and mostly on Nintendo systems even. My younger brother was also a big Rayman fan so it'd be nice to see him get in for him.

Estimated Chance

If any 3rd Parties end up playable in the game through the Ballot, I think Rayman has the best chances. Not even just counting the popularity he'll recieve thanks to that Artsy Omni "leak" back in Feburary: Rayman ALREADY APPEARS IN SMASH IN SOME FORM. Just as a Trophy mind you, but that's big on his chances because even though we've been explained why Rayman trophies were in there before (It's because in some odd legal mumbo jumbo complication, Rayman is owned by Nintendo. But only in Japan) it would make more sense to everybody regarding the trophies if Rayman was a fighter. His chances exactly depend how much 3rd Parties are eligible which it has been said that this isn't just Nintendo characters only. So for all we know, Rayman might be one of the frontrunners to get chosen and the very convincing leak from only a few months ago may actually come into fruition later on.

Captain Toad/Toad (Just to fuse them together abit)

Franchise: Mario

My Level of Want

Pretty high, even if only to satisfy a bit of an OCD factor of "The Big 8" of Mario (Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Wario and Toad. Bold is already playable in Smash). Plus you could finally have an 8-Player Smash between the Mario Kart 64 roster. I don't care if it has to be Captain Toad or regular ol' Toad. Just any Toad would do to feel like the Mario cast can finally be complete.

Estimated Chance

If we get any extra characters for the Mario series through DLC I think it will most definitely be Captain Toad. Because it'd be the perfect storm of Nintendo promoting Treasure Tracker and some form of Toad has been wanted by fans in Smash for a long while. So having Captain Toad in Smash could provide a good compromise for what Nintendo and Fans want. If Nintendo wants a new Mario rep through DLC I would almost guarantee you then that Captain Toad will be that representative.

Bandana Dee

Franchise: Kirby

My Level of Want

Eh, I'm ok with where Kirby is currently. I don't feel a fourth is necessary for Kirby at the moment. But I'm not opposed to Bandana Dee. If he's in I'd get him like most characters.

Estimated Chance

Probably the #1 Choice for Kirby rep DLC. But that's only if that happens. Sakurai has limited himself on Kirby before (Even if he was a bit less so on Kid Icarus :V) as it took 3 Games just for Meta Knight and Dedede to come along in.

Shovel Knight

Franchise: Shovel Knight

My Level of Want

If Shovel Knight really did become playable, I'm pretty sure my reaction would be one big giant "Why?". He's just too recent and the main reason there's this huge bandwagon for him on places like Reddit. Is because he had artwork done by Artsy Omni who did the Rayman leak back in Feburary. And if we just had to have an indie-esque character in the game. There's another that would fit better and has been around much longer.

Estimated Chance

Shovel Knight is going to be proof that Popularity isn't everything in the Smash Ballot. He may have the bandwagon and even support by Yacht Club games. But Shovel Knight has too many obstacles in front of him despite it. This ballot is not a popularity contest, it's a suggestion box. And I suspect any headed toward Shovel Knight will be tossed away with the many other 3rd Parties that likely don't stand a ghost of a chance of getting in Smash.

Shantae

Franchise: Shantae

My Level of Want

This was who I was referring to when I said there was one character that's still indie-esque that both fits better and has been around longer. And I wouldn't mind Shantae getting in myself as she's actually been on Nintendo systems since the Game Boy Color days. She's a half genie capable of shapeshifting into Animals that would be good for Moveset potential. Plus it adds another Female to the cast that seems to have been surging within this iteration of Smash with all the new female characters and/or alts.

Estimated Chance

However even as possibly the character that's indie-esque that has the best chances out of all of them. It's still pretty darn low. I'm not expecting Shantae to have that much more of a chance then Shovel Knight actually has. Rayman is still the best bet 3rd Party wise.

Do Zoroark, Snake, Twilight Sparkle (Just a joke one to lighten the mood), Rayman, Cranky Kong and Eggman.

so sm who do you think is the most likely to get in

like which character do you think sakurai is just nodding his head to over and over

Young Link

Type of Character: Melee Veteran
Franchise: Legend of Zelda

My Level of Want

Yeaaaaaah.... no..... I would not like a 3rd Link chosen of all things from the Ballot. If we must have another alternate of someone already in the roster. Give me Ganon

Estimated Chance

Toon Link is Young Link in spirit. that's all I gotta say

Impa

Franchise: Legend of Zelda

My Level of Want

Kinda mixed on Impa on that for once Impa wouldn't just be an alternate form of the Main Trio. However since her form would most likely be based on either her Skyward Sword or Ocarina of Time appearence where she'd probably be at best a semi-clone of Sheik because they're both Sheikah. So even though it would finally be someone who isn't just a different Link, Zelda, or Ganon. She'd probably still be similar to someone already in the Roster.

Estimated Chance

As of so far all LoZ reps have been alternate versions of the Main trio. If the team wants to explore past that, Impa might be a decent choice

(Skipping Tingle since I already said my spiel on current Assist Trophies. Same goes for Zoroark being a Pokeball Pokemon. And already did Snake, Rayman, and Cranky Kong. As for Twilight of course she doesn't have a chance but that's ok because that's what this fangame is for)

Dr. Eggman

Franchise: Sonic the Hedgehog

My Level of Want

If the 2nd Sonic rep couldn't be Tails. Then I'd settle for Eggman or Knuckles. I just picture that Eggman would be a bit more difficult since I doubt they could get away with making him too easy even if they base his moveset on Bowser Jr. which could work for how Eggman works with the Egg Beetle. I'd love having Mike Powell get some lines in. But I'd really like to see Sonic's Luigi (Tails) first and foremost. If only Sonic was owned by Nintendo. Then likely every Sonic fan could be happy by having Tails, Knuckles, Eggman and *sigh* even Shadow in there.

Estimated Chance

Tails and/or Knuckles likely take priority over him even if he is the Main Villain of the franchise. It's just a simple fact that usually friends/sidekicks of the hero get in before the villains in Smash. And I think if there's room at all for a 2nd Sonic rep it will follow just that. Eggman would be fun to have though, I won't lie.

Spyro

Type of Character: 3rd Party Character
Franchise: Spyro the Dragon

My Level of Want

Before I actually express my want I just want to muse a bit on how the Skylanders was the series that made NFC figures a thing in recent years and thus may be a huge reason we have the Amiibos we have now. How amusing would it be to see Spyro get in Smash and thus have his own Amiibo after being on different NFC figures, haha.

Anyway eh I'm not too big on Spyro myself as I associate him more with Playstation and Nintendo. And if through some miracle former Naughty Dog franchises got a rep I'd rather have Crash Bandicoot. Though in all likelihood even Classic Spyro fans would not want Spyro in Smash right now because he would use his Skylanders design no matter what.

Estimated Chance

Very unlikely, even the indie 3rd Parties have a far better shot. Spyro isn't really a Nintendo associated name and I expect that to be enough to be detrimental to any chance of him. If you want to play as a Purple Dragon, either pick Charizard's purple alt or use Ridley in Project M mod via the PSA

Non-specific action figure, Pokemon Trainer (Possibly Kalos), Reckless figure guy that appears in all of those wii games at the very start of them, Captain(ness) Syrup, Roy (He returns), Pichu (He returns too), Ninten (From earthbound Zero), Matthew (Isaac's son), Chorus Kids, That one Samurai Swordman from rhythm heaven, Pushmo main character, Bomberman, Shadow the Hedgehog, Amy Rose, Dr Wily (From mega man), *Insert robot master from mega man here since there's too many of them).

Hmm, let's go with two Metroid fan favorites. Rundas and Sylux.

And let's throw Admiral Dane in just for kicks.

@FE: Can you only pick at least a few at a time? That's alot of characters in one post ._.

@the Metroid characters: If the top candidates like Ridley or Dark Samus couldn't get in. I doubt the others have a chance either

@Count Bleck: Paper Mario should remain the sole rep of his own Series. Count Bleck was just a villain in one of the games. Worry about Paper Mario first before getting to anybody like Count Bleck. Even your voted character Fawful would get in before Bleck.

I'm actually not so sure about Fawful being more likely than Count Bleck. The Count at least got a trophy in Sm4sh. Fawful got nothing (much to my disappointment)

Yeah I know Paper Mario's more likely and I'm totally fine with him. I just wanted to see what your thoughts would be if they threw in Count Bleck from left field.

Not that it matters, neither will get in when this is all over.

There is only a chance if you delude yourself into thinking so. It's not going to happen.

Back