Characters you want in Smash that will never happen

marioman1213

ROSERADE HAS RETURNED! ...As a Bombchu.
Boogerman. 'Nough said.

I always thought Rosalina would be in this catergory for me, but then the fire nation attacked and she is playable in ssb4

I guess Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright and Ephraim from FE for me. Oh, and Lilith from borderlamd as she is amazing.
All of them, except maybe Layton, will never happen as they are so far-fetched.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi tag team....like the Ice Climbers

...well at least they have SOME sort of chance of repping the Yoshi's Island series but still

Banjo and Kazooie.

King Harkinian, with a final smash of Dinner Blaster. ;D

Haruka Nanase said:
I always thought Rosalina would be in this catergory for me, but then the fire nation attacked and she is playable in ssb4

I guess Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright and Ephraim from FE for me. Oh, and Lilith from borderlamd as she is amazing.
All of them, except maybe Layton, will never happen as they are so far-fetched.
Why Layton and not Phoenix? Phoenix, at least, already has a fighting game appearance.

Not BMB said:
Ridley.

Shit just got real.
Ehem. Kindly look through ALL of this post. That includes watching embedded videos.

GalacticPetey said:
Figured I'd bump this thread. I have several videos detailing why Ridley will be playable.

Also, read these first few posts
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ridley-for-ssb4-thread-gematsu-drank-the-splounge-water.324284/

Long story short (but you should still watch the videos), here's why he will be playable.

*He's not "too big". Smash does not keep to scale. plus, I've seen pictures detailing how Ridley could easily be scaled own, like so.
P6tr6wC.png

size+compare+with+pacster.png

*Sakurai as not outright deconfirmed Ridley. In the past, Sakurai explicitly stated whether a character was playable or not. When Skull Kid and Waluigi were shown as assists in the Pic of the Day, he put a strong emphasis on the fact that they were not playable. When a character is playable like Toon Link or Palutena was hinted before their reveal, he did not say their name until they were revealed.

*People have analyzed the shadow, taking the size of Pyrosphere and Pikachu into account. Based on the shadow, he's only a little larger than Bowser. If he were a boss, he'd be much bigger.

*The way the shadow moved is very much like a playable character. The animations were very choppy and did not have very smooth transitions like a boss would. Not to mention he flew slowly, came to a halt, and just did nothing. That's not exactly "boss behavior"

*He is one of, if not THE most requested character. And given all the fan service in the game already, it would make sense.

*Metroid deserves another rep. It's a major series. If Fire Emblem can have four, Metroid can have at least three. No one else is a suitable Metroid rep. The bounty hunters appeared in one game and they are not that iconic, and Dark Samus is already an assist trophy.

*He would be a unique character. He could be an anti-Little mac. Maybe his ground game could be lackluster, but he could be a nightmare in the air.

*The trophy theory. As we know, four trophies were shown in the Smash direct. They were Tiki from FE, Fi from Zelda, Pseudo-Palutena from Kid icarus, and King Kihunter from Metroid. In addition, Robin's theme played over the Tiki trophy, the Ballad of the Sky Goddess (which features Ghirahim's theme) played over Fi's trophy, Palutena's theme played over the Pseudo Palutena trophy, and Ridley's theme played over the King Kihunter trophy. Guess who was confirmed to be playable? Robin and Palutena. This gives me hope not only for ridley, but also for Ghirahim.

*Why would Sakurai have all this build-up to lead to nothing but a stage hazard? Sakurai has said he doesn;t like creating fake hype (http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/12/3757906/masahiro-sakurai-on-handling-twitter-whiners-and-oh-yes-the-new-smash).

*There is likely to be a direct in August showing off a new character. Most Metroid games release in august. Said direct would be the last direct before the game launches in Japan. What better way to hype up the game than to show one big, popular newcomer?

Thus ends my argument for Ridley in Smash. At this point, I feel his inclusion is inevitable.

^ okay. Doesn't change anything for me. It's just using a lot of speculation with somewhat reliable evidence to try to confirm him. When he's confirmed, it'll be a good surprise, but people are getting too obsessed over it, and I just don't he'll ever happen.

can't you all just shut up about ridley until the game's released

then you can have your "i told you so" moments. this debating isn't going to change anything

GalacticPetey said:
And where's your reliable info that he's not in?

I'm at work on my phone. I'll post when I get home.

But I wouldn't call your info as reliable. It's more of "here's reasons I got indirectly from the information presented that could potentially imply that Ridley could be a playable character."

Because I bet you that as soon as I post it, you'll be like "but with what I said [here] in my evident, it makes your entire argument invalid."

And I agree with Jav. Speculation isn't really going to change the outcome. All it does is make people argue over something out of their control.

What's the point of having these threads then if we can't speculate or debate? Speculating is fun and as long as a debate is civil, why put a stop to it?

GalacticPetey said:
What's the point of having these threads then if we can't speculate or debate? Speculating is fun and as long as a debate is civil, why put a stop to it?

It would be more civil if the Ridley fanboys didn't flip their lids when people dare say they don't think Ridley is likely.

Not BMB said:
^ okay. Doesn't change anything for me. It's just using a lot of speculation with somewhat reliable evidence to try to confirm him. When he's confirmed, it'll be a good surprise, but people are getting too obsessed over it, and I just don't he'll ever happen.
he still has a good chance of appearing so to say that "he'll never happen" is silly

Why can't Ridley just get downright deconfirmed or confirmed yet? Showing the Shadow and wing of Ridley still doesn't make annoying fans shut up, if anything makes them come up with completely unoriginal reasons as to why he's still in. But then people overreact to the Ridley fans and all that happens is completely pointless arguments that don't help anyone or improve his chances of getting in. And they ain't fun conversations. Believe what you will, but all the proof you need is Nintendo's thoughts, not some random speculation. Why did he show him in the direct? Think about it, but don't argue over it.

Ninelevendo said:
Why can't Ridley just get downright deconfirmed or confirmed yet? Showing the Shadow and wing of Ridley still doesn't make annoying fans shut up, if anything makes them come up with completely unoriginal reasons as to why he's still in. But then people overreact to the Ridley fans and all that happens is completely pointless arguments that don't help anyone or improve his chances of getting in. And they ain't fun conversations. Believe what you will, but all the proof you need is Nintendo's thoughts, not some random speculation. Why did he show him in the direct? Think about it, but don't argue over it.
Sakurai loves to troll!

gLfMrpK.jpg

Lumastar said:
Ninelevendo said:
Sakurai loves to troll!

gLfMrpK.jpg
Yup :E

Back