Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

Farina said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
That would imply Baby Luigi is my favourite, which he ain't.

Deep inside everyone is a Baby Luigi fan
Kittens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Babies.

Baby Luigi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kittens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Babies

Farina said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

Anyway anything new for a paper mario game yet?

I'd love to play both as the good guys and the bad guys.
Paper Mario Heroes. Team Mario, Team Wario, Team Peach, and Team Star.

Baby Luigi said:
Farina said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

Baby Luigi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kittens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Babies
Kittens>>>>>>>>>>>>> Puppies >>>>>>> Baby Mario >>>>>>>> Baby Luigi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Babies in general.

It's not like your opinion matters anyway.

rumor time

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-intelligent-systems-tells-job-expo-attendees-that-paper-mario-is-coming-to-wii-u/

Looks like it's that time of the year again. Maybe one of these years the 'new paper mario' leak will be true.

Glitchy said:
I won't be too surprised if its fake since its a Paper Mario leak, but it would be cool.
You now have my respect and my sense of humor.

Lumastar said:
I just noticed that I haven't replied to this yet. Is this all they mentioned?

I think a TTYD sequel is long overdue either way.

Technically there are two, but I assume you mean having both the turn-base battling that was forgotten in SPM and basically everything that was removed but the turn-base battling in SS.

I do have a feeling that the next PM game will be announced at E3, but I'm not sure how I feel. I mean, I want them to return to TTYD in terms of gameplay and drop the deadbeat style that SS was, but seeing as to how Mario Party has been repeatedly ruined with 9 and then 10, I'm not sure if I can get my hopes up. They probably will not take the criticism about the gameplay mechanic or they'll make some sort of minor change that had nothing to do with why fans were upset about the game. Or they'll make an in between where like they'll bring back something like leveling up, but still keep the failed sticker concept where it's a hassle to use them unless you don't mind wasting good ones and having to use specific ones for specific places/bosses at specific times.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sticker Star is the future of the Paper Mario series. It sold decently, and Miyamoto did intervene with the game's direction, so if that's that, I'd rather Paper Mario die off and IS focus on another IP, like maybe a new Wars game (seriously when was the last Wars game....Advance Wars Days of Ruin which was on the DS?)

Well I'd be open to a game changing mechanic just as long as it actually works and the execution is solid, which makes it just as fun as turn-based as the first two installments.

Baby Luigi said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Sticker Star is the future of the Paper Mario series. It sold decently, and Miyamoto did intervene with the game's direction, so if that's that, I'd rather Paper Mario die off and IS focus on another IP, like maybe a new Wars game (seriously when was the last Wars game....Advance Wars Days of Ruin which was on the DS?)
moar code name steam plz

Scarlet Witch said:
Baby Luigi said:
moar code name steam plz
I would love this, but I'm not sure how well the game did.

What if the next Paper Mario game is like Sticker Star, but with a much more refined gameplay?

Mario Party Σ said:
What if the next Paper Mario game is like Sticker Star, but with a much more refined gameplay?

it could maybe work

the lack of story would probably still bother me, but whatever i guess

I had an idea for a sequel called Paper Mario: Sticker Mix that fixes most of the problems of the original and adds new features. The main one is called Sticker Mixing and allows you to merge two stickers (even a Thing sticker or two). Think of it like Recipes from prior games. Leveling up is also a part of the game like the first three games.

Mario Party Σ said:

It would be a step in the right direction, but I feel like in order to undo a lot that went wrong with the previous game wasn't just the fact that there wasn't really a proper leveling-up system or having to use the stickers, but the fact that you really weren't even following anything. Everything was just too linear and there really wasn't room to explore. They basically made it an open ground of nothing but go from point A to point B. There wasn't really anything to keep you interested in the game. It just felt...incomplete. Like, it was an okay game if it was like a NSMB paper form, but it didn't have what it needed to keep people's focus. The reason why the other Mario RPGs went so well is because there was a lot of things going on at once that kept it interesting. You were following a good story arc, you had created areas with interesting twists and turns, tons of sidequests you can do, and all that stuff. Sticker Star just lacked that, and while it had some things, it wasn't enough to salvage the game.

Back