Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

I don't mind Daisy being in the multiplayer spinoffs but there are others I want to see in the RPGs first, like Wario and Waluigi.

Mario Party Σ said:
Mcmadness said:
Pft. Mario always needs help.
But he's the one driving it. He's the really expensive car. Everyone else is supporting, but Mario admits they are important.

Well yeah, he's the hero.

Mcmadness said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Mcmadness said:
Pft. Mario always needs help.
But he's the one driving it. He's the really expensive car. Everyone else is supporting, but Mario admits they are important.

Well yeah, he's the hero.
Yeah, like the main dish. The other are the spices. He might need help, but guess what? So does Bowser.

To conquer territory sure but he usually fights one on one.

Yup, Mario can still beat him one-on-one.

Only because he usually takes advantage of the environment. Mario doesn't fight, he drops Bowser into pits.

He fights in the RPGs and it just shows that Mario is extremely cunning, despite his appearance and sometimes overly-cheerful disposition, that he is able to tip his surroundings and Bowser's lack of common sense into his advantage.

And he always has backup in the rpgs

I'm not denying Mario is the smarter person, but Bowser is the better fighter.

Brains over brawn, they say. And no, Mario is a better fighter. He can kick the crap out of Bowser in Smash matches if they harbor equal skill.

As well as Baby Mario being a power-up

I swear there are people who think Small Mario = Baby Mario out there. I mean that's how I saw it before I knew of Baby Mario's existence.

Mario Party Σ said:
Brains over brawn, they say. And no, Mario is a better fighter. He can kick the crap out of Bowser in Smash matches if they harbor equal skill.

Smash exists in it's own little world. In the platformers just touching Bowser hurts Mario. Which makes sense with all those spikes.

Mcmadness said:
Mario Party Σ said:

Smash exists in it's own little world. In the platformers just touching Bowser hurts Mario. Which makes sense with all those spikes.
Moving the goalposts, eh? Mario isn't placed at equal footing in the platformers, but even then, he still beats Bowser.

Magikrazy said:
Ladies, ladies you're both pretty :P

Paper Mario should be a power up in other Mario games.
Yeah. And he uses stickers for attacks.

How am I moving the goal posts? That fits into what I was saying before. Mario doesn't fight Bowser, he avoids him or uses the terrain to beat him. Bowser fights people head on so he is the more experienced fighter.

Mcmadness said:
How am I moving the goal posts? That fits into what I was saying before. Mario doesn't fight Bowser, he avoids him or uses the terrain to beat him. Bowser fights people head on so he is the more experienced fighter.
And why would Mario try fighting back? He can die in just a few hits. Mario does have fighting experience, but it's like trying to strangle a T-Rex with his bare hands for him. I'd also mention his vertically challenged stature, but he was able to kick ass in Smash Bros. He can also beat Street Fighter characters by exploiting their weakness, despite ridicule directed at him anyway.

Well this topic got mighty derailed...

Could Bowser work as an ally for Mario and then ends up betraying him?

Well I can sorta understand why Mario would want to team up with Bowser, considering Mario's nice guy personality. Bowser does have the ability to manipulate things to get what he wants

I was fully expecting him to do that but it never happened.

It's why I liked his role in BiS, he's not the villain but he still did exactly what you'd expect him to and after it was over he immediately went back to doing what he does as a villain.

Baby Luigi said:
Well this topic got mighty derailed...

Could Bowser work as an ally for Mario and then ends up betraying him?
I don't know if this even requires convoluted plots because Mario believes in anything. Just look what happened in Luigi's Mansion, Mario Party DS, and Luigi's Mansion again.

Bad guy teaming up with good guy is kind of cliche though. I'd like to see Mario kicking Bowser's ass.

I do enjoy it when those 2 fight even if Bowser loses. But I'd never want Bowser to win ultimately against Mario anyhow because Mario is the good guy and I like it when good guys win.

I thought the main reason people like villains not to see them win, but because they're interesting.

Well yes there is that too.

But I like Mario and Luigi and Toad and the good guys in the Paper Mario games more than the bad guys.

Back