Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

Fawful, out of all the people in the world to make it......
It was you.
I underestimated you...

We should say hi to our guests, then. I mean, it's only polite. :posh:

Greetings all new viewers, I am your lord and master.

A fake leak I made then cancelled. also look ma! a different title!

Here's a video based on the leak I made:
FRONT AND BACK STORY:
This was based on this image released during the whole PM:TTYD 3D leak thing: http://i.imgur.com/jMgWOOG.jpg
Because I believed in it, I thought I'd make a leak based on a leak and I put a lot of effort into. then i found it was announced it was fake
so i cancelled this
because
Also there's yellow in the top because YAY OPEN BROADCASTING SOFTWARE!
okay bye
(Also, Fawful...did you make those fake screenshots of the game in action and will we ever see them in HD? Also(x2) is http://i.imgur.com/jMgWOOG.jpg made by you?)
(Also (X3 DEAR GOD) I was here long before GameXplain so HA!)

Rew said:
Hi, I discovered this board through GameXplain. :) (I've actually been looking for a relatively active Mario forum for a while, so it works out.)

Back on topic, I would much prefer it if Nintendo released a 3D remake of the original Paper Mario on 3DS and saved The Thousand-Year Door for an HD remake on Wii U.

I concur, though I'd prefer both on the wii u.

Rew said:
Hi, I discovered this board through GameXplain. :) (I've actually been looking for a relatively active Mario forum for a while, so it works out.)

Back on topic, I would much prefer it if Nintendo released a 3D remake of the original Paper Mario on 3DS and saved The Thousand-Year Door for an HD remake on Wii U.

Welcome!

i dont see where ttyd needs a graphical update, unless they want to bring the entire series to the level of sticker star, which at least was the graphically best looking game (minus the enemy redesigns).

pm64 could definetly use a remake because it would be interesting to see if the game loses some of it's appeal when the graphics do not look as unique anymore.

Rew said:

Greetings! I'm Meta Knight despite my current appearance.

As much as I like TTYD, a remake just seems a little too soon. I'm not a real big fan of GCN games being remade at the moment. What's next, Wii games can't be playable on the next console so they just remake all the Wii games?

Mcmadness said:
Greetings all new viewers, I am your lord and master.
Goddamnit Mcmadness, I thought it was known to everyone that Poochy is our lord, master, and saviour.

Rew said:
Well, with PM64, it might need a graphic overhaul, like with MM3D, unless you're talking Virtual Console ((which I believe is discontinued)). It would be fine either way to me, though.

The Janitor said:
sticker star, which at least was the graphically best looking game
Sticker Star's artwork may be really good, but the game itself is not the best graphically (unless you want to say so because of the paper effects)

The sprites in SS are way more low-res than in SPM or even TTYD. I think that's because it's a handheld title. Also, Mario's walking animation is two frames, like PM64. TTYD and SPM have smoother walking animations.

Well I suspected it was fake anyway: it's NOT hard to overlay something on top of something else these days with good video editing, that's what my twin pointed out.

Hell I've made official looking renders myself. If I spent the time, I could whip up a fake "leak" myself coupled with screenshots of gameplay and fanmade artwork.

Fawful said:
The Janitor said:
Sticker Star's artwork may be really good, but the game itself is not the best graphically (unless you want to say so because of the paper effects)

The sprites in SS are way more low-res than in SPM or even TTYD. I think that's because it's a handheld title. Also, Mario's walking animation is two frames, like PM64. TTYD and SPM have smoother walking animations.
I thought the Thing sticker animations were pretty nice.

Fawful said:
Sorry guys, but this leak is fake as all hell.

How do I know this? Well...

I would know, considering I made the dang thing.

Yeah, that's right. I made it two nights ago, not thinking for a second that it would ever get this popular.

I decided to upload it to YouTube under a fake account, then GameFAQs took care of the rest, and I thought to myself "Well, may as well keep it alive for at least a while."

So I posted it here hoping someone would find a flaw and debunk it 100%. I apologize to the ones who got excited over this.

But I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. Not after it got popular enough for *bleep*ing GameXplain to do a video on it.

I was actually way more excited about that than just for my gif. Because the whole thing was created in Adobe Premiere by me.

Believe me or don't believe me, it's up to you but I will be uploading the title screen footage in higher quality, not off-screen, later.

After thinking this over last night, I admit I was wrong to lead so many people on like that. When it got popular I guess that got to me and I kinda pretended to be one of the people hyping over it.

(By the way I also made the Antasma "leak" for Mario Kart 8 that got ripped to shreds almost instantly. That's what made me aspire to create a convincing leak.)

So let's get back to waiting and stomping impatiently for Paper Mario U to be announced, K?
I knew it was fake. There is one thing that was absent for me to convince it was real, and that was actual gameplay. I know that people can just play videos/gifs of Thousand-Year Door on their 3DS to make it look like a 3DS game.

Baby Luigi said:
Well I suspected it was fake anyway: it's NOT hard to overlay something on top of something else these days with good video editing, that's what my twin pointed out.

Hell I've made official looking renders myself. If I spent the time, I could whip up a fake "leak" myself coupled with screenshots of gameplay and fanmade artwork.
This.

Fawful said:

I think the two frame walking was part of them making it look more paperish.

Nozomi Toujou said:
Goddangit Mcmadness, I thought it was known to everyone that Poochy is our lord, master, and saviour.

Nah, he's small time.

Fawful said:
The Janitor said:

It was the most shiny, you have to give it that.

As I've said at some point in my LP, it's trying to distract.

But it's such a pretty shine...

I just realized that Fawful made a perfect early April Fool's Joke

He probably didn't do it on that day because, you know, it's the day where ironically less people are fooled

If the next Paper Mario has a plot, I don't want it to take itself seriously.

well nice work making the leak, you sure got famous, it was somewhat convincing

but man i cant believe we beat the most active user count today
last time it was like 500 something in 2009 lol

Nico Yazawa said:
well nice work making the leak, you sure got famous, it was somewhat convincing

but man i cant believe we beat the most active user count today
last time it was like 500 something in 2009 lol

I'm sure it was 700-something users in September 2011, the previous record, which is fairly more recent
Don't ask me why I know that

Back