Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

i found forth wall breaking to be effective if done right

if done wrong its unrealistic

It would feel odd if they didn't realize they were made of paper, and I fail to see how pointing that out counts as breaking the fourth wall.

I always considered it to be just the art style of the game, especially since the Star Spirits and Goomboss were 3D in their later appearances.

It would be like in Superstar Saga if Peach commented on how Mario's "M" is suddenly black instead of red. Or if in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, there was something referencing the fact that Iggy's hair is completely different.

That's the reason why I think Paper Mario characters could easily work in 3D games, just redesign them to fit the art style and bam, you're good to go.

Magikrazy said:
It would feel odd if they didn't realize they were made of paper, and I fail to see how pointing that out counts as breaking the fourth wall.
I don't think it's explicitly breaking the fourth wall as much as it's medium awareness.

Magikrazy said:

I also said meta stuff. Which is stuff relating to being aware of the medium as J-Yoshi mentioned.

Wittgenstein said:
I always considered it to be just the art style of the game, especially since the Star Spirits and Goomboss were 3D in their later appearances.

I think in the original Paper Mario it was more so the artstyle. Then TTYD changed that with stuff like the "curses" that Mario recieves where he can fold himself

I wouldn't mind that, as long as it's just the graphics and the rest of the game is like the first three.

Although SSB4's trophies make me doubt that, since even the ones from Sticker Star are in the old style.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Sticker Star on the Wii U. With the Gamepad and such, it could possibly work quite well!
Also hi what did I miss.

I would rather have a remake of the original Paper Mario. Which also happens to be my favorite Paper Mario

Update certain features, add extra content. Indeed the original is the one in most need of a remake.

No news yet on Paper Mario U, but there's a leak going around on GameFAQs of a 3DS remake of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. I figured this was the best place for that.

Original topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/71484202

MmpaNOt.png

What do you guys think of this? I'm not too sure myself. After the whole Rayman thing I'm pretty sure anyone can make one of these. Still, the logo pops out and everything. Can't just be a hacked game footage.

EDIT: The video went down. I think this means something, guys. Here's the GIF I made to preserve the video:
vDEEZbI.gif

Plausible but I'm just gonna take a wait and see approach.

i'll get that if it turns out to be real

which I don't think will happen

A portable TTYD would be really cool. I'd probably get it for sure if this is real.

One issue though, I can't remember exactly what it took for every partner's attacks. But I think there might be a few that are more difficult to perform then when you had the Gamecube controller? Maybe everything is fine. But I mean like for example if they ported the original Paper Mario to the 3DS you have Bow's slap move where you have to repeatedly flick the control stick left and right and that might kill people's Circle Pads. If there was a move similar to that in TTYD then that might come up as an issue.

They could always change how to perform the Action Command I suppose, but otherwise it is a concern.

Though one thing would be cool is that Art Attack could simply be done with the Stylus.

I'll probably only consider it if it adds extra content. My GC copy still works perfectly fine.

No gameplay footage, a title screen that could be easily made, no copyrights on it, video taken down by the user just to fool people.
It's fake.

Also, it shows only Nintendo's logo, no Intelligent Systems logo?

Back