Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

Shy Guy Forever said:
I found a fan-made boxart for Paper Mario U. I don't know who made it, but it looks like Sticker Star, which js not a good sign.
Fan-made box art doesn't dictate what the developers are going to do. That's like saying Fawful's going to be in the game because of my fan-made box here.

Anyway I wouldn't mind stamps, but only if it was just the same way they are in MK8 and 3D World, not an actual gameplay feature in the game.

And then when the next one comes round its an arts n crafts game.

YoshiGo99 said:
I at least liked the artwork for Sticker Star. With the Wii U, I bet they can make the entire game that kind of style which would be really beautiful. Just change it back to the Paper Mario (N64/TTYD) gameplay, do a dark and serious story but still keep the laughter in and we would probably have the best Paper Mario game.

Just look at that art style!
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/b/b5/MariohammerPMSS.png

The last thing PM needs is a dark and serious story. The last time they tried that we had SPM and that game's story sucked something fierce.

Mcmadness said:
YoshiGo99 said:
I at least liked the artwork for Sticker Star. With the Wii U, I bet they can make the entire game that kind of style which would be really beautiful. Just change it back to the Paper Mario (N64/TTYD) gameplay, do a dark and serious story but still keep the laughter in and we would probably have the best Paper Mario game.

Just look at that art style!
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/b/b5/MariohammerPMSS.png

The last thing PM needs is a dark and serious story. The last time they tried that we had SPM and that game's story sucked something fierce.
Oh hey, it's you.

Sorry, but I have to disagree on that one. I loved SPM's story. I'd also love it if they expanded on the story concepts in that game combined with the gameplay style of the first two. TTYD had a rather dark and serious story too, and look how well it turned out.

I would hardly call TTYD dark. It took itself seriously (a little too much at times) but it really wasn't dark.

Well it definitely wasn't as dark as SPM, but if you think about it, the whole game was about
the villains who were being tricked by a servant of an ancient demon to resurrect said demon, who if Mario hadn't defeated her she would have made the entire universe into her slaves.
Not as dark as wiping it out completely, but still pretty damn dark.

Not really, thats pretty much the status quo for villains of the series.

If Mario loses, they take over.

Adding onto Fawfulthegreat64's post:

In addition to destroying Rogueport and causing some of it to sink under the ground, it's been explicitly stated that the Shadow Queen had enslaved and killed many people during her reign. The Pit of 100 Trials was designed by her to be a torture chamber, which explains its dungeon-like appearance, along with having Bonetail at the bottom of it. If that's not "dark", then I don't know what to call it.

3D Player 2004 said:
Mario had to defeat a powered up and mind controlled Peach in TTYD

After which she was perfectly fine.

SolarBlaze said:
Adding onto Fawfulthegreat64's post:

In addition to destroying Rogueport and causing some of it to sink under the ground, it's been explicitly stated that the Shadow Queen had enslaved and killed many people during her reign. The Pit of 100 Trials was designed by her to be a torture chamber, which explains its dungeon-like appearance, along with having Bonetail at the bottom of it. If that's not "dark", then I don't know what to call it.

None of which was actually shown. Part of ''dark'' is the presentation and the way things are presented in TTYD is hardly what I'd call dark.

The same could be said about Super Paper Mario, can't it? While it did have a dark storyline, there were still plenty of lighthearted and humorous moments throughout the game.

Paper Mario is by far my favorite side-series. I would love to see a return to TTYD's formula. It would also be interesting to see what they could do with the Gamepad.

Lumastar said:
Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
We need a sequel to Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. That game is the best out of all of the highly-acclaimed Mario RPGs. Plus, it is my favorite Mario spin-off of all time.

Also, I can see Wario and Waluigi being added. :luma:
Wario I can see happening, but Waluigi? He only appears in spin-offs! (And Smash, of course.)

Shy Guy Forever said:
Lumastar said:
We need a sequel to Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. That game is the best out of all of the highly-acclaimed Mario RPGs. Plus, it is my favorite Mario spin-off of all time.

Wario I can see happening, but Waluigi? He only appears in spin-offs! (And Smash, of course.)
The fact that he continues to appear in said spinoffs suggests he has some importance. I wouldn't rule his inclusion out.

Shy Guy Forever said:
The fact that he continues to appear in said spinoffs suggests he has some importance. I wouldn't rule his inclusion out.
Even though Nintendo uses him as merely filler.

SolarBlaze said:
The same could be said about Super Paper Mario, can't it? While it did have a dark storyline, there were still plenty of lighthearted and humorous moments throughout the game.

SPM isn't a dark game either beyond a moment or 2. But it still takes itself too seriously and its annoying cliched melodrama is boring.

Shy Guy Forever said:
Lumastar said:

Mario & Luigi 4 would've been perfect, but that silly green "minor" sidekick with a stupid mustache had to hog the spotlight.

Oh, someone hogged the spotlight alright in that game, but it wasn't Luigi.

Toothless said:
It was Kylie Koopa, wasn't it?

No it was clearly toadsworth.

Time to demand a Month of Waluigi, or something. Can't be a Year of Waluigi of course, that's Luigi's thing.

Back