WarioWare Portal

Glowsquid said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Be_bold
I brought it up here because I honestly don't know what to do, so I wanted to discuss it with other users.

I thought

the credits list both Bridget and Luna, which implies that they're separate characters.

was a strong enough indicator the information as it is presented currently is wrong and should be corrected to reflect they are two separate characters.

The credits also lists several names that can't be attributed to anyone, and at least one ("Sugar the Club Owner") definitely doesn't appear in the game at all, so combined with the characters' identical looks, I don't really consider the credits to be a definite source.

WarioWare: Touched! is looking good now.

Other than the gratuitous amount of red links and a lack of the reception section, what do you think?

There's no mention of Dribble and Spitz besides a one-off line in Mike's story, the regional differences between installments could be expanded upon beyond a trivia point, the development section seems a bit short (here's one source to help out), the references aren't properly formatted, the supporting character images are odd (images with both screens, images with one screen, close-up sprites, actual artwork for one of them...), and the microgame sets are missing information about what they actually involve. Other than that, it looks good.

Just seems like I forgot to add Dribble and Spitz in the supporting characters section. As for the wonky screenshots, that can be fixed by me taking screenpics of the characters via watching a longplay on YouTube (how I got location screenshots and the monster megamix etc screenshots by the way). I really hate the two-screen format of presenting things though, so I'll just stick to one screen when it comes to showcasing these characters.

I'll look into the development section, but the only regional differences I know of is that there's one different 9-Volt microgame and the Mona Pizza souvenir not being obtainable in Europe, that's really it. If there's a more convienient place for any more listing of differences between regions (like say, Japan and America), that would be cool.

By the way, random question, but why is Touched! considered the successor to Twisted when Touched actually got released first?

Baby Luigi said:
As for the wonky screenshots, that can be fixed by me taking screenpics of the characters via watching a longplay on YouTube (how I got location screenshots and the monster megamix etc screenshots by the way). I really hate the two-screen format of presenting things though, so I'll just stick to one screen when it comes to showcasing these characters.
I can grab images straight from the game if you want. Personally, I think this is better than this (smaller, but crisper).

Baby Luigi said:
I'll look into the development section, but the only regional differences I know of is that there's one different 9-Volt microgame and the Mona Pizza souvenir not being obtainable in Europe, that's really it. If there's a more convienient place for any more listing of differences between regions (like say, Japan and America), that would be cool.
The Cutting Room Floor has you covered. For Twisted, I actually used this place, which is annoying to navigate seeing as it only lives on through Wayback. I tried seeing if there was something for Touched, but I couldn't find anything.

Baby Luigi said:
By the way, random question, but why is Touched! considered the successor to Twisted when Touched actually got released first?
Twisted was released first overall in Japan.

Um, could you please do reupload them? You do have emulation for the game, right? It seems like you have. It's much better than what I've got. Mainly, the YouTube videos are sorta acceptable place-holder quality until someone with better resolution and crisper graphics comes along and gets them.

I'll look into the Cutting Room Floor then for regional differences.

Thanks for all of your input!

Baby Luigi said:
Um, could you please do reupload them?
Could you tell me which images are from screencaps? I'll get started on the bears and locations now, but I wouldn't want to accidentally wipe over something better.

Generally, screencaps are pics that have 683 × 512 size, sizes far bigger than the average DS screenshot. And if you scroll down and see "Uploaded by Baby Luigi" on that table below, it's most likely a screencap.'

By the way, aside from your images and lack of Dribble n Spitz, I've mainly fixed your problems

So I've tried to document all the side characters in WarioWare: Touched!, and I don't know who the hell Fligby is or what The Yum Yums are. And Ashley's Creepy Crew? The only people I know associated with Ashley is Ashley and Red. And do we ever see Sugar the Club Owner?

I think it's the same case as weird other characters in the credits of WarioWare: Touched, just as how Twisted! does it, but I'm not entirely sure.

creepy crew is the chorus in ashley's song

the rest I have No Idea

The Yum Yums apparently did appear in WarioWare: Twisted so we could use process of elimination to find out who they are.

That leaves with just Fligby. According to the credits, his name appears in between Ashley's Creepy Crew and Orbulon's Oinker, but it's not a perfect indication of where to look for an unnamed background character who's a little bit more than part of the background.

Sugar the Club Owner methinks is that announcer in Jimmy's story.

Baby Luigi said:
it's not a perfect indication of where to look for an unnamed background character who's a little bit more than part of the background.
um, it kinda is? if it's between those two characters then it pretty much has to appear in ashley's story /somewhere/

the only other things i'd classify as characters that appear in Ashley's story (that aren't voiceovers) are the little blue thing that crawls out of Ashley's pot when she screws up her spell and the doll she carries (which she just calls a stuffed bunny anyway so it's likely not that)

i mean feel free to watch this playthrough and find something else

actually i'm pretty much certain it's that blue thing because it bubbles up right before orbulon's oinker shows up, but with a lack of any HARD-HITTING FACTS idk

pic:
XWxSaJ2.png

The name sounds like it's given to a harmless, cutesy character. I suppose the blue creature fits that description, but we're speculating at this point, lol.

GBAToad said:
Baby Luigi said:
it's not a perfect indication of where to look for an unnamed background character who's a little bit more than part of the background.
um, it kinda is? if it's between those two characters then it pretty much has to appear in ashley's story /somewhere/

Not necessarily. Scratchy the 'Fro Bug appears in between the Pork Loins and Sammy Rai and we all know who he is.

fair enough lol

Dr. Mario said:
The name sounds like it's given to a harmless, cutesy character. I suppose the blue creature fits that description, but we're speculating at this point, lol.
technically we're speculating on the names of characters like bridget, sugar, garbage boy, scratchy, etc. since all we have is a list of names but we've interpreted which names most likely belong to which character

Okay, now, I'm officially done with WarioWare: Touched!, and I'm starting to get a little crazy and restless from this nonstop editing.

Well at least for today. If there's any more problems, I'll get to it. Aside from image quality, in which Time Turner says he got that covered (or at least implied it).

EDIT: ---- nine hours nonstop? Seriously!?

I love it! Please do some more! :babyluigi:

By the way, I think I may have botched some french translations for the microgames in WarioWare: Touched! (specifically Dance Club Rub ones) (good thing I bought a copy of that game in France!). Of course, I had help from my twin, but there are some we couldn't properly translate

Faut que ça mousse (Worked to a Lather)
Propres sur eux (Washed Up)
Laveur de vitres (Drama Clean)
Clé des champs (Early Release)
Ronde des plats (Dish It)

:wario: filler post so that the important stuff can start on the next page :wario: :wario: :wario:

Back