Super Mario Maker

MnSG said:
Here are two videos that features a custom course that's trying to reference the Metroid series.

I can tell you right now that that very course is one where you CAN'T waste any time, AND you need a good memory as well. You're only given up to 500 seconds on the timer, so every second matters for reaching the goal. These are just some things to keep in mind, but it sounds like the custom courses from the review copies will not be sticking around for the 9/11 release, so odds are, we won't be able to play the course.

That level is brilliant. I hope it gets remade.

Here's a course that has a way to force players to defeat Bowser...

Giant Bowser was defeated after he took 20 Koopa Troopa shells. However, we still don't really know how many hits that normal-sized Bowser can take before falling.

MnSG said:
Here's a course that has a way to force players to defeat Bowser...

Giant Bowser was defeated after he took 20 Koopa Troopa shells. However, we still don't really know how many hits that normal-sized Bowser can take before falling.
I say that normal Bowser will "die" after 10 hits of a Koopa shell.

If you were wondering what the game's object limits are:

Having more than three bowsers would be chaos lol.

Magikrazy said:
Three Bowsers seems totally reasonable to me.

Why would a serious level need any more?
You'll never know.

Magikrazy said:
Three Bowsers seems totally reasonable to me.

Why would a serious level need any more?

The main dilemma is that you can't have 3 Bowsers and 3 Bowser Jrs. on the same course layer. You're limited to just the following...
  • 3 Bowsers
  • 2 Bowsers + 1 Bowser Jr.
  • 1 Bowser + 2 Bowser Jrs.
  • 3 Bowser Jrs.

thats fine. I only ever plan on using one or 2 of each at best.

Can't wait for SMB2 DLC.

(what do you mean, no way? Of course it will happen!)

I don't think it will. It has vastly different mechanics than the aforementioned other Mario games, such as hit points and not stomping on dudes.

That doesn't stop me from wishing it was in the game though. I adore SMB2

I have so much to think about, but it will be an eyesore knowing that not all features are available right off the bat.

MnSG said:
I have so much to think about, but it will be an eyesore knowing that not all features are available right off the bat.

set the wii u's internal clock forward several days after starting the game

Mcmadness said:
MnSG said:

set the wii u's internal clock forward several days after starting the game

Doesn't it have to be one day at a time? You'd have to load the software a minimum of 9 times to unlock all the objects in the game, since you're required to play the game for 5 minutes per day to unlock new objects for the next day.

Magikrazy said:
Or you could just wait, you fucking impatient bozos. :P

I just want full access to the game's content first day. Smash and MK8 don't make you wait 9 days, you can easily unlock everything in a day. There's no reason I should have to wait for 9 days to pass to make an airship level or something.

There are kids in Africa right now who would kill to wait 9 days for all the Mario Maker content.

You know what waiting 9 days gets you over there? Malaria!

In all seriousness, I'm fine with the wait.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't think it will. It has vastly different mechanics than the aforementioned other Mario games, such as hit points and not stomping on dudes.

That doesn't stop me from wishing it was in the game though. I adore SMB2

Well, if you've played Super Mario Crossover, there is a SMB2 palette for the game, which might mean that there could be DLC!

But probably not. The best I can hope for is a Shy Guy costume for the Mystery Mushroom.

Interestingly, the doors that are in the Super Mario Bros. 3 palette, are actually from Super Mario Bros. 2.

Thank you Giant Bomb.

Beware of Kaizo courses if you're ever playing 100 Mario Challenge on the expert difficulty level. There's one that I saw, which took away 91 lives that one player had, giving him a game over as a result.

Back