Super Mario Maker

RandomYoshi said:
Finally, now I don't have to buy amiibos for the full functionality they bring to a game! This is how it's meant to be!
EXACTLY

MnSG said:
It's pretty much a given that the Pokemon amiibo figures will NOT be compatible with Super Mario Maker. Game Freak is very strict when it comes to use of its property.
yeah i mentioned that earlier and how it could mean there are more mario characters or something
GBAToad said:
something that crossed my mind

just how are nintendo planning to fill 90 different character skins for Costume Mario? like assuming all of the announced amiibo (about 71 different characters) have costumes, then that still leaves at least 20 open character slots. excluding the pokemon characters (because gamefreak) then we have around 25 costumes left unaccounted for, which is a pretty huge amount

maybe they'll be compatible with the animal crossing amiibo cards as well? I really doubt that they'd do that, who wants to play as some random villager

can you imagine if they made waluigi unlockable, holy shit
Baby Luigi said:
I can imagine some nice people out there creating levels for the sole purpose of unlocking the character.
the second i get the game i'll be searching for the "body is ready" level shown at e3 to unlock wii fit trainer

despite this i still think it would be nice if we had characters in all styles, but hey i guess it's to provide incentive to make classic SMB1 levels

Lumastar said:
Speaking of power-ups, I don't think we've seen the Luigi Mushroom again after its E3 2014 debut. Has it been cut?
I reckon it would have to be what Luigi's amiibo Mystery Mushroom would do if Luigi is confirmed to be a normal playable character.

SKmarioman said:
Lumastar said:
Speaking of power-ups, I don't think we've seen the Luigi Mushroom again after its E3 2014 debut. Has it been cut?
I reckon it would have to be what Luigi's amiibo Mystery Mushroom would do if Luigi is confirmed to be a normal playable character.
He has been shown as an amiibo costume.

It's a good thing I did that Mario Maker two-game pre-order deal. If eBay prices are any indication, that Mario 7-pin set is going to be hard to obtain otherwise.

I wonder if the team was considering using Super Mario Land or Super Mario Land 2 as one/two of the games to base around on during development. I can understand not using Super Mario Land since its sprites are small, but it would be cool to see it being represented in some form in this game.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
I wonder if the team was considering using Super Mario Land or Super Mario Land 2 as one/two of the games to base around on during development. I can understand not using Super Mario Land since its sprites are small, but it would be cool to see it being represented in some form in this game.

Thanks for reading.
Daisy amiibo?

EDIT: I dun goofed. I meant Daisy as an in-game costume.

winstein said:

Thanks for reading.
I still don't know why they included these games in the "Mario History" page.

idk either

im considering main series going off of what was in the booklet in the 25th anniversary edition of super mario all-stars which doesn't say anything about super mario land or its sequel, and neither does it mention super mario world 2.

An in-game Daisy costume would certainly be sweet!

Another point against using Super Mario Land as a base is how unique its enemies are. Most of them are certainly not Mario fare, instead opting for some culture-related enemies. Super Mario Land 2 I can see being an easier transition since that one has a few traditional enemies, but still overall not much of Mario fare to be properly used.

Not sure if Yoshi's Island is officially part of the Mario series despite being called Super Mario World 2 in the West, so I can see the ambiguity as a reason in excluding it.

Thanks for reading.

the waluigi amiibo will arrive at one point or another dont worry

tbh im already surprised they didnt consider assist trophies for amiibo yet

if youre referring to the color tv game 15, idk, the avgn has one but he can't play it (according to his video anyways), so I'm assuming not that rare

Looks like we have some new official Super Mario Maker art: http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-maker-art/

I think they look very charming, and the sequence of the art is very nice. Only weird thing is that Mario and Blue Toad have their mouth on the side rather than the centre, making them a bit like how Sonic's mouth is positioned.

Thanks for reading.

I do like new artwork. Thats more or less what modern day wrecking crew Mario would look like.

Yeah, I agree, the artwork is really cute. :) I wish more characters got some, though.

Needs more Bowser & Peach.

The artworks really represent the "Create, Play, Share" feature. I would imagine other characters in their construction outfits with blueprints and stuff.

502c4c96164e300f9328a4c28d71105c.png

Just a quick observation...
I'm wondering if the new Mario outfit from Super Mario Maker is a reference to the Mario's construction helmet from Wrecking Crew '98.
Is it just a coincidence?

iirc that working helmet used in wc 98 is a very common japanese design (its also used on those generic megaman enemies for example).

its like the ice rabbit (item) which appears in some bomberman game, mario party 5 and super paper mario just because its an element of japanese culture, it most likely means nothing.

iirc that working helmet used in wc 98 is a very common japanese design (its also used on those generic megaman enemies for example).

its like the ice rabbit (item) which appears in some bomberman game, mario party 5 and super paper mario just because its an element of japanese culture, it most likely means nothing.

Now that I think about it, it is true that this kind of helmet is also seen in Megaman.
Also, I was aware that the snow bunnies appeared in Mario Party 6 and Paper Mario TTYD (http://www.mariowiki.com/Snow_Bunny) but I've just learned that they are also seen in other non-Mario games (Bomberman/Animal Crossing/MegaMan).

Back