Super Mario Maker

Pi said:
Still, 71 isn't a shabby number of courses. They will definitely keep me interested enough.
oh yeah, definitely. especially how they're including the NWC courses free of charge

hopefully they pull the WarioWare D.I.Y. 'download these COOL dev-made levels as well!!' thing and keep expanding the game for people who don't particularly want to touch the level editor

I don't know if the price justifies buying the game though, considering I'm actually not planning on creating any stages by myself, as I feel like I don't know what coherent level design actually is. Of course, I don't expect every level in the game created by fans to be a masterpiece. I'm just feeling that my levels are automatically going to be bad. IDK, maybe I should just give it an honest try before panning myself to the ground. :/ [/end useless rant]
just give it a shot anyway i mean with games like this the enjoyment stems from how much you put into it (at least imo)

but even if you don't like making levels i'm sure there'll be plenty of high-quality fan-made levels to add to the game later on. personally i'm expecting the first few weeks to be nothing but '1-1 REMIXED!!!1!' and shitty 'place-everything in the level' designs but hopefully after a while the cream will rise to the top and we'll see some really great levels by fans. i think there's still 100 spaces to save fan-made levels (including your own) so if you don't like making levels then that just means you'll have more room for quality levels made by others, which is gr8

Creating a good level should be done ONLY if you have a lot of time in your hands.

Trust me on this, my twin and I use Reggie and over the span of 3 days nonstop designing a level and constantly testing it, it takes a LOOONG time to get the level how you want it to be. The level isn't even close to finished. >______>

I'm worried that my own level turns out to be utter crap even after hours on it. Which includes meticulous testing.

But I made my level for my own enjoyment. Levels I know that lack rhyme or reason are intended to keep privately, but there is an oddball here and there that gets interested, and it does help me get motivated.

In case no one has gotten the news yet, you can now pre-purchase Super Mario Maker at the Nintendo eShop.

Also custom SFX

jumpscares awaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! holy crap that sounds like a nightmare

The game looks pretty good so far. That disco particle effect is something I'll abuse.

oh why can't i get this on release day ;-;

super-mario-maker-amiibo2-656x369.jpg

I think all Smash 4 characters will be compatible (also Animal Crossing figures/cards, Splatoon and Yarn Yoshi).

I wonder what 8-bit Mega Man will look like. Maybe NES Mega Man?

Marie said:
so uh do the amiibos do anything besides change the sprite?
Taking a hit will remove that costume, and some of the sounds seem to change, but otherwise no,

Judd said:
pac-man needs to be 2d appearance (pizza missing one slice) or bust
I would prefer them using his sprites from Pac-Land rather than his pizza form.

Waiting 9 days to get everything is a little tedious but it's not that big a deal.

Mcmadness said:
Waiting 9 days to get everything is a little tedious but it's not that big a deal.

9 days is about a week and two days. That feels like ---ing forever.

9-days and 5 minutes of gamepaly each, is little in the grand scheme of things, but it's a rather dumb decision. Warioware DIY locked the premade content like that, but *not* the actual goddamn editor

(another proof of why SPD1 > EAD hurr hurr hurr)

I am saving my birthday money for this game. Looks like a promising game i will buy.

Back