Super Mario Maker

i've read you can unlock additional characters by clearing 100-mario mode but i doubt they'd be amiibo characters

if they were i'd be so happy, unlocking stuff that's already in the game might actually be the most decent use of amiibo in recent memory

edit: by that i mean stuff that you can unlock normally by playing, not on-disc stuff locked behind an amiibo paywall like in MP10

Mario Party Σ said:
Also, is it true, you can't add slopes in Mario Maker? Laaaaame.
I agree, it's pretty much the one basic level element that's not in the game yet. I'm hoping that the E3 build isn't the final build for this reason.

I'm just gonna be playing around with all the different bowsers I can make as bosses.

This game looks *BEEP* AWESOME. I srsly am going to get this. I could make some crazy and INSANE levels on Super Mario Maker. I hope the space on Super Mario Maker is unlimited because it be fun and hard to play some really LONG levels on it. I also hope you can place enemies from ALL main mario games as you could have some possible FUN combinations with them. I also want in the game you can use backgrounds from ALL Mario games. Also they should make Peach,Luigi and Toad playable as well in the game.

Nintendo64Dude said:
This game looks *BEEP* AWESOME. I srsly am going to get this. I could make some crazy and INSANE levels on Super Mario Maker. I hope the space on Super Mario Maker is unlimited because it be fun and hard to play some really LONG levels on it. I also hope you can place enemies from ALL main mario games as you could have some possible FUN combinations with them. I also want in the game you can use backgrounds from ALL Mario games. Also they should make Peach,Luigi and Toad playable as well in the game.
And if the level editors are too strict for you, may I point you to unofficial level editors, like Reggie and Lunar Magic?

SKmarioman said:
Mario Party Σ said:
I agree, it's pretty much the one basic level element that's not in the game yet. I'm hoping that the E3 build isn't the final build for this reason.
I hope so too, or else people are going to be disappointed. That's going to be soooo limiting.

Mario Party Σ said:
Nintendo64Dude said:
And if the level editors are too strict for you, may I point you to unofficial level editors, like Reggie and Lunar Magic?

SKmarioman said:
Mario Party Σ said:
I hope so too, or else people are going to be disappointed. That's going to be soooo limiting.

On the other hand Super Mario Maker allow you to do things that are not in the original games, such as Bowser on Bowser, Wiggler on Super Mario Bros, protective hat, riding shell, etc.

Mario Party Σ said:
SKmarioman said:
Mario Party Σ said:
The Mario vs. Donkey Kong games have a good way of making slopes, so all they have to do is copy from that game. I agree that they should definitely be in the game.

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Going to Best Buy to try out the game tomorrow. :mario: The limitless amount of options this game has will revolutionize the way we play games!!!
Well, I wouldn't say "revolutionize" since hackers were doing this YEARS ago, lol.

Mario Party Σ said:
Going to Best Buy to try out the game tomorrow. :mario: The limitless amount of options this game has will revolutionize the way we play games!!!
Well, I wouldn't say "revolutionize" since hackers were doing this YEARS ago, lol.
Per this, but it's definitely impressive Nintendo can still make this feel fresh after all of the unofficial Mario Makers released.

Inb4 they start taking them all down soon.

Lumastar said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Per this, but it's definitely impressive Nintendo can still make this feel fresh after all of the unofficial Mario Makers released.

Inb4 they start taking them all down soon.
By the time Super Mario Maker is released, Nintendo licenses Reggie Level Editor.

Lumastar said:
The Mario vs. Donkey Kong games have a good way of making slopes, so all they have to do is copy from that game. I agree that they should definitely be in the game.

The fact that the original Super Mario Bros. had no sloped terrain can explain why there's no sloped terrain in Super Mario Maker.

Oh i thought Luigi,Peach and Toad would be playable no worries though can someone tell me the new features of Super Mario Maker?

MnSG said:
Lumastar said:

The fact that the original Super Mario Bros. had no sloped terrain can explain why there's no sloped terrain in Super Mario Maker.

That's.....dumb.

Another unusual dilemma is that the theme versatility is limited as well, all due to the lack of desert, sky, snow, and athletic themes in Super Mario Bros.. Sure, a ghost house theme was added, but that really isn't enough.

Likewise, having the option to modify the background music shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Oh boy, that's more restrictions than I thought.

I hope Super Mario Maker has less restrictions.

We're talking about Super Mario Maker here. The lack of varied themes and slopes, that's Super Mario Maker's thing.

If they do something like release themes in DLC, uggggghhh....

I dunno. From what I've seen variety won't be much of an issue

DLC is going to be expensive D:

I'm interested in this game pretty much only for the insane synergies that are possible. I'm looking forward to Mega Para-Magikoopa, even if that would be hellish.

I wouldn't expect much more than what was shown, though. I doubt there's much more to show beyond maybe extra level themes and more enemies. Super Mario Bros. X will be better than this even though that project is stagnant.

MnSG said:
Another unusual dilemma is that the theme versatility is limited as well, all due to the lack of desert, sky, snow, and athletic themes in Super Mario Bros.. Sure, a ghost house theme was added, but that really isn't enough.
I think we can at least expect snow and sky/athletic since those were in the original Super Mario Bros.. Snow was World 3 (and probably some other levels) if you're wondering.

GalacticPetey said:
Why are slopes an issue, but all sorts of enemies and Yoshi okay?
Elaborate?

As for me, not being able to add slopes sounds minor, but it WILL bite editors at one point or the other.

Pyro said:
I think we can at least expect snow and sky/athletic since those were in the original Super Mario Bros.. Snow was World 3 (and probably some other levels) if you're wondering.
I hope so, but they haven't advertised the different themes yet...

Back