Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Rules are for fools.
you say that, but i don't think you mean it

Иeptune said:
Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Rules are for fools.
you say that, but i don't think you mean it
I don't.

But I do advocate breaking the rules properly.

I wanted youtube to buy twitch since I think google plus is great idea. It will be great for gaming account to merge together into one account. Youtube comments system has been improved this time better than old layout.

Force people to use a ----ty service that no one wants to use, yep, that's ingenious.

Oh and a copyright content ID system to protect those poor helpless giant corporations like Viacom and Hasbro against the evil, EVIL everyday small people using the content for like 3 seconds.

Super Smash Misty said:
My video was taken down for using Star Wars music
Some people's videos are flagged, and when the flag indicated WHERE the claimed content was, it was during a moment with no audio.

That's it, somebody copyrighted silence.

Super Smash Misty said:
My video was taken down for using Star Wars music

Exactly my point about this content id and why it's is bullshit

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/07/twitch-starts-swinging-youtube-like-copyright-sledgehammer/

@#$!???!?!?!?!?

Wow, that's unexpected. I don't watch VODs, only live content, so I'm not as irked by this as I would be otherwise.

What's even more hilariously stupid is that this system is silencing out their own ---ing official broadcasts

As long as the appeal process isn't a pain in the ass, false positives like that shouldn't be major issues. Twitch can stop filtering VODs at its discretion, anyway, so it's not like it's a permanent fixture if it doesn't work out.

“technology intended to help broadcasters avoid the storage of videos containing unauthorized third-party audio.”

that's some kind of doublespeak

Because Twitch is TOTALLY a haven for people to stream...music? What's the point of streaming video games if the video games have audio that's getting flagged?

Why did Twitch even agree to this? Surely they knew this would happen...

Purple Yoshi said:
Because Twitch is TOTALLY a haven for people to stream...music? What's the point of streaming video games if the video games have audio that's getting flagged?

Why did Twitch even agree to this? Surely they knew this would happen...
Because money is awesome?

yeah I'd totally turn against a whole bunch of my convictions for a quick $1 billion

well i'm not sure if that's better or worse

i'm going to go with better, because the idea of google controlling most of web video bothers me

Ok that was unexpected

Back