Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
Some of you responsibility-clad adult sickos might already have full-time jobs, but lets talk about the young uns! Who has a part-time job?

I've worked in a fish and chip shop between school for about a year now, and I love it :D

I would have a part time job right now if people would hire me. Like seriously, this past year, I sent in an application to Wal-mart, Arby's, ad McDonald's, and was never contacted at all. Like, everyone gets hired at McDonald's.

So yeah, all that discouraged me to search more.

Apply everywhere. Even if it's somewhere you don't think you'd like working. If you don't hear back from an employer, wait until your application expires(usually ~90 days) apply there again. It shows that you're serious about working there. The first job is always hardest to land but you'll find someone out there willing to give you a shot.

^It's easier to get a job if you already have a job, they always say.

anyway I work part-time as a cleaner at Westfield Fountain Gate shopping centre, which the Aussie users here may know as the second largest shopping centre in the country. It's an alright job, and it pays fairly well for what it is.

Rocket '3Koon said:
Apply everywhere. Even if it's somewhere you don't think you'd like working. If you don't hear back from an employer, wait until your application expires(usually ~90 days) apply there again. It shows that you're serious about working there. The first job is always hardest to land but you'll find someone out there willing to give you a shot.
Thanks for the advice.

Never underestimate the power of hard work and some fine ass-kissing (along with some good ol' nepotism), it got me my manager job and while the pay isn't anything exciting, the power is gr8.

I'm basically full time at McDonald's...it sucks stay the hell away

i don't have a job cause i'm too busy adjusting to school life and having to do homework to think about getting a job

Crocodile Dippy said:
anyway I work part-time as a cleaner at Westfield Fountain Gate shopping centre, which the Aussie users here may know as the second largest shopping centre in the country. It's an alright job, and it pays fairly well for what it is.

i went there like 3-4 years ago and all i remember is that it was really huge and there were only two games shops, eb games and gamestation or something like that (which i guess is only one since iirc gamestation was part of the game brand and they kinda died a little while ago, which is a shame since that gamestation was like the best game shop i've ever been to)

customer service at the airport
-fun job
-dont do shit (ive literally sat down at the food court (obv hidden from people like supervisors) for like 2 hours on my phone and i got paid for that lol)
-very good pay
-made a ton of friends

highly recomend this shit

well if you make your resume look like its ballin then yea for sure
i always see the office lady sorting through like a pile of resumes, like a lot of people apply here but i mean, i know some people that are the stupidest guys in the world (barely finished high school, close minded, really stupid in the sense that they dont know what to do other than work lol) so you just gotta make it stand out or something like that. you seem like a smart enough dude so im sure you can do it :)
but yo if you net a job at the airport thats gonna be the sickest thing, just chillen all day

this is a typical day for me, say working from 8:30-4:30:
7 am - get up, get dressed, etc.
7:20 - drive to work (~45 min)
~8-8:10 - park in the employee lot (its seperate from the airport itself), go to the skytrain to go to the airport
8:25-8:30 - clock in, head to my desk or wherever else im positioned
8:30-around 11-12 - do whatever things im assigned, but theyre really easy like, load bags behind check in counters, keep lines in order, sit at the desk waiting till someone comes up to you with a question
11-11:30 or 12-12:30 - go on a break (this is like the short one cause the airport is kinda busy during these times)
11:30/12:30-around 2-3 - do the same shit i was doing in the morning
2:00/3:00 - this is the chill break, i can lounge around not doing shit until its time for me to clock out at 4:30 or (rarely) if i get bored enough ill go help out at a position if its busy, or if someone radios me then i go there and help out

and thats pretty much it lol
so i guess you gotta put in work and make your resume real good and top notch, but once you get the job, man, youre getting paid for childs play

i would never, ever get a customer service job, especially in california of all places

ive only held fast food positions as my job anyways

first job was a popeyes where i worked there for like a year and two thirds (did everything but cashiering)

currently work at a pizza place (cashiering and everything else besides driving; driving around where i work sucks major dick)

Minako Aino said:
well if you make your resume look like its ballin then yea for sure
i always see the office lady sorting through like a pile of resumes, like a lot of people apply here but i mean, i know some people that are the stupidest guys in the world (barely finished high school, close minded, really stupid in the sense that they dont know what to do other than work lol) so you just gotta make it stand out or something like that. you seem like a smart enough dude so im sure you can do it :)
but yo if you net a job at the airport thats gonna be the sickest thing, just chillen all day

this is a typical day for me, say working from 8:30-4:30:
7 am - get up, get dressed, etc.
7:20 - drive to work (~45 min)
~8-8:10 - park in the employee lot (its seperate from the airport itself), go to the skytrain to go to the airport
8:25-8:30 - clock in, head to my desk or wherever else im positioned
8:30-around 11-12 - do whatever things im assigned, but theyre really easy like, load bags behind check in counters, keep lines in order, sit at the desk waiting till someone comes up to you with a question
11-11:30 or 12-12:30 - go on a break (this is like the short one cause the airport is kinda busy during these times)
11:30/12:30-around 2-3 - do the same *bleep* i was doing in the morning
2:00/3:00 - this is the chill break, i can lounge around not doing *bleep* until its time for me to clock out at 4:30 or (rarely) if i get bored enough ill go help out at a position if its busy, or if someone radios me then i go there and help out

and thats pretty much it lol
so i guess you gotta put in work and make your resume real good and top notch, but once you get the job, man, youre getting paid for childs play

sounds like a pretty neat job, although i'm not really looking for one right now since i'm still in like year 10 and i'm pretty busy atm so i guess i wouldn't have time for a job, except maybe on weekends or something
but if i do get a job i might keep it in mind. heck, maybe i can even try seeing if the local airport would let me do my work experience at school there :P

I don't have a job, because I need the right counseling for it. And that's hard to find. Being autistic does have it's shortcomings...

Magolor said:
i would never, ever get a customer service job, especially in california of all places
oh boy, i know what you mean. some people are just straight up in your face and rude but thankfully ive only had a handful of them
california sure would be p crazy tho, i could only imagine the amount of people to deal with each day, probably double, if not triple or maybe more of vancouver's incoming travellers

Hotaru Tomoe said:
sounds like a pretty neat job, although i'm not really looking for one right now since i'm still in like year 10 and i'm pretty busy atm so i guess i wouldn't have time for a job, except maybe on weekends or something
but if i do get a job i might keep it in mind. heck, maybe i can even try seeing if the local airport would let me do my work experience at school there :P
oh yea for sure dude, school is always a number one priority imo, you should always keep that on top of everything. tbh i only work on weekends too, and sometimes holidays lol for the same reasons, but i only do it if theres no exams or things like that coming up. but yea, year 10-12 are pretty crucial and everyone is different so i mean if you dont think you can do it, theres no harm in waiting a bit. the job will always be there but the years you spend in school wont is what i guess im trying to say :dk:

I'm too lazy and have no motivation to do anything. No idea how I will survive after school ends. This sounds morbid now that I think about it more, but I've always assumed I'd probably die somehow by then.

I both have no work ethic and I just don't care at all about anything. I'm just passing time. When I ask myself what I'm doing, I always just tell myself something like 'maybe something will happen tomorrow' and then nothing does. To be honest I don't want anything to happen, I'm so used to this monotony that I really hate having change.

Yeh, im pre lazy aright.

Hotaru Tomoe said:
i went there like 3-4 years ago and all i remember is that it was really huge and there were only two games shops, eb games and gamestation or something like that (which i guess is only one since iirc gamestation was part of the game brand and they kinda died a little while ago, which is a shame since that gamestation was like the best game shop i've ever been to)
It's even larger now, and the layout is confusing as all hell. I've never seen a Gamestation here, but we had a Gametraders that I went to frequently which was really awesome since you could get even the really old classics and unique merch from there. I miss that place.

I want a job, but I need to drive first. I can't get around without a car. The worst thing is, I don't even know where to start. Yeah, driving, but once I get driving, what do I do? Walk right in and say, "Yo, I'm looking for a job. Is this the right place to ask?" That doesn't seem appropriate. I lack social graces, probably since my parents are overprotective of me, so I'm not confident at all.

I have a job in online consumer support for Canada's most heinous telecom company (chatting with 3 clients at the same time, that kinda shit). Pay and conditions aren't great, though so far I managed to pile up about 20k with my first year of university paid for, so there's that.

Had a 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM shift today, lol.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
I want a job, but I need to drive first. I can't get around without a car. The worst thing is, I don't even know where to start. Yeah, driving, but once I get driving, what do I do? Walk right in and say, "Yo, I'm looking for a job. Is this the right place to ask?" That doesn't seem appropriate. I lack social graces, probably since my parents are overprotective of me, so I'm not confident at all.
Most companies handle applications over the internet, in my experience. Fill it out then do a follow-up in person at the place you applied to but I wouldn't say "yo." Sites like indeed.com are good for looking for potential places of employment.

itt: threek gives job hunting advice

Rocket '3Koon said:
Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Most companies handle applications over the internet, in my experience. Fill it out then do a follow-up in person at the place you applied to but I wouldn't say "yo." Sites like indeed.com are good for looking for potential places of employment.

itt: threek gives job hunting advice
Eh, don't take my "yo" at face value, lol.

Back