On May 29th...

3D Player 2004

Your local Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong fan
Banned User
Sakurai will anounce a Smash Bros Wii U stage based on Wii U Rainbow Road and will also announce who is the sixth Mario Character.

The sixth Mario character is the angry sun from SMB3

source: My Anus.

3D Player 2004 said:
Sakurai will anounce a Smash Bros Wii U stage based on Wii U Rainbow Road and will also announce who is the sixth Mario Character.
Please at least give some sort of a source for this.

3D Player 2004 said:

215px-Shyguy_MP9.png

IT'S WHO WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

Here's the thing though. He doesn't reveal newcomers unless it's a Nintendo Direct, so it would have to be a veteran Mario character. The only one who fits that description is Dr. Mario. I doubt we'd see him again.

But I think there is a strong chance of Wario being shown. He is classified as a Wario character and is separate from the Mario characters.

I have no source, this is my own speculation.

Possibilities: :daisy:/ :bowjr:/ :toad:/( :toad:, :toadette:)
33%, 33%, 22%, 11%

All chances are rounded down so thats why it adds up to 99%.

Daisy will not be a character, due to the lack of plot appearances, Bowser Jr. is the most likely of the group, being a common appearance at this point, toad is definitely not in (in my opinion) because of Peach's move, and the generic moveset now taken by villager, Toad & Toadette would be an interesting combo, but highly unlikely due to the little amount of times toadette has appeared. To me it's
:wario: 60%
:bowjr: 20%
:babymario: & :babyluigi: 15%
All others: 5%

Mario Kart 8 is too important of a game for them to just reveal a veteran.

There is a very good chance that what you are speaking of might not even happen. Does that occur to you? Perhaps instead of releasing the new Brawl character, they will just release the new game that they have been working on for a very long time.

How to Train Your Yoshi said:
There is a very good chance that what you are speaking of might not even happen. Does that occur to you? Perhaps instead of releasing the new SSB4 character, they will just release the new game that they have been working on for a very long time.

I completely agree with this statement, they have E3 for the Smash-related news.

I don't see the logic behind a newcomer reveal. :rosalina: already had a Mario Kart-themed trailer, E3 is right around the corner and they've just had a massive dump of information with the Smash direct about a month ago. Even revealing a veteran like :wario: seems unlikely.

well it's not going to be bowser jr., he's not even in mario kart 8

inb4 pink gold pichu

If and ONLY If there's a character reveal, it will be Wario.

However I'm thinking a new Mario Kart stage for the Wii U version may be more likely. Cause they might just save any characters for E3. Which by then will only be two weeks away.

I want Paper Mario!
And as for the Rainbow Road stage, I would love that, that way we have more beautiful Rainbow Road music, because really? The 3DS version only having two songs per stage

Back