Unpopular Pokemon opinions

I prefer Ho-Oh over both Lugia and Yveltal but Yveltal is my second favorite legendary Pokémon, after Ho-Oh obviously.

i used to unironically call myself a "gentoower"

but really i'm a gen 1-4 fan with no negative opinion on the other gens

I think the only unpopular opinions I have (ok not the only but the only noteworthy ones) are that I think Sceptile is really overrated, same with the entire Rowlet line (even though I like the Rowlet line)

This isn't an opinion I've ever heard, but Decidueye should be in Smash Bros.

I laugh at people who hate Charizard for being popular because there is nothing they can do to stop it from being the fan favorite. I cannot fathom those who think they would rather Zard not return in Smash 4 because it wasn't "fair" to Squirtle and Ivysaur.

I'm fine with Zard in Smash. I'm just sick of people acting like he's a viable pokemon outside of Megas. Regular Charizard is a piece of paper who gets shredded by rocks.

Does't help the anime has a massive Zard boner and was the reason Ash lost the Kalos League that was his and Greninja's to win. I swear if I hear Alain scream "BLASTO BURN" OR "DARUGON CLAW" again...

Oh trust me, my favorite pokemon is Torterra, who is not very viable at all. As long as people are aware of Charizard's weakness, that's fine. It's the people who think he's the strongest thing ever because he swept a couple gym leaders.

GmanSir said:
I cannot fathom those who think they would rather Zard not return in Smash 4 because it wasn't "fair" to Squirtle and Ivysaur.
I'm still a little salty those two didn't return but Charizard made for a good punching bag.

GalacticPetey said:
Oh trust me, my favorite pokemon is Torterra, who is not very viable at all. As long as people are aware of Charizard's weakness, that's fine. It's the people who think he's the strongest thing ever because he swept a couple gym leaders.
Ok yeah I can respect that because I agree too.

I loved playing as every single Pokémon in Brawl, but if only one of the three Pkmn Trainer Pokémon could return, it was obvious it would be Charizard.

Princess Zelda said:
The type effectiveness for the three in Brawl shouldn't have been a thing to begin with
Oh that too.

Overall I love the concept of the Pokémon trainer character but it was very poorly implemented. The type effectiveness and stamina were really dumb mechanics. I get that it's supposed to be reminiscent of the Pokémon games but it just makes for an unfun character. It also just feels like three incomplete characters slapped together.

It's a shame we lost Squirtle and Ivysaur but having them as stand alone characters would have bumped the Pokémon series up to eight characters in Smash 4, which would be a little much, especially when six of those eight would be from Gen I.

Another unpopular Pokemon opinion:

I wish Rhydon was the mascot of Pokemon instead of Pikachu or Clefairy. For 2 reasons:

1. Rhydon design is kind of a rhinoceros-dinosaur hybrid, which would show that Pokemon really are Pocket Monsters.

2. The real reason: Rhydon was the first Pokemon to have been created.

It doesn't make sense* to me that the first pokémon created should be the mascot.

*If you ever find out that you've purchased a head...

Back