Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Ruby and Sapphire Remakes)!

Dry Troopa said:
I hope it's a better remake like FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Aren't those the only remakes?

Or do you mean it as in "improved remake"?

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:
Meh I used to like Pokemon, especially Gen III. Now? I don't really feel anything.
wow, i thought i was the only one who felt like this

i think we've somehow been cured of the contagious pokemon hype virus, and now only see it as a decent game

it's weird. half my childhood just vanished

For me, I think I just grew out of it
I used to think I was too old for Pokémon, ironically during Hoenn's time, but then I realized I was stupid for thinking so.

Being too old for something != growing out of something

The latter is something that happens naturally when your tastes shift. The former is a nonsensical state of being.

yeah, growing older doesn't mean you can't like the things you used to like. i mean, that often happens when you get older, but you shouldn't have to not like what you used to

also
killing-nazis-grandpa.jpeg

I thought the whole reason we got remakes in the first place was to make up for the lack of transferring RBYGS Pokémon to RSEFRLG, so we could complete the Pokédex.

Mario4Ever said:
The fact that the teaser mentions a "new world" leads me to think that we'll see a new part of Hoenn.
COULD THIS BE THE LONG FABLED GAME WITH ALL OF THE REGIONS
Super Smash Misty said:
I thought the whole reason we got remakes in the first place was to make up for the lack of transferring RBYGS Pokémon to RSEFRLG, so we could complete the Pokédex.
Fuck no it was so Nintendo could make a shit ton of money

Toothless said:
I used to think I was too old for Pokémon, ironically during Hoenn's time, but then I realized I was stupid for thinking so.

If you think you're too old for Pokemon, you're still a child

Godzilla said:
When I look at the cover art, they look more like alternate forms than Megas.
To me, it just seems like when they were controlled by the orbs in the television show.

They don't look like Megas at all, they just look like their regular fiorms with the symbols lit up.

Jack McCoy said:
Mario4Ever said:
The fact that the teaser mentions a "new world" leads me to think that we'll see a new part of Hoenn.
Ha, we're not going to actually do that; we'd rather force people to buy both versions of every game to get every last Pokaymon!

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Jack McCoy said:
Mario4Ever said:
Ha, we're not going to actually do that; we'd rather force people to buy both versions of every game to get every last Pokaymon!

Don't forget the highly esteemed third version Generations 2-4 had to reap those extra bits of dough from their customers, but Nintendo's profit on mainstream Pokémon games so far that this is (with the inclusion of those third versions in that statement) exactly what they're thinking.

Glaceon said:
Jack McCoy said:
Mario4Ever said:

Don't forget the highly esteemed third version Generations 2-4 had to reap those extra bits of dough from their customers, but Nintendo's profit on mainstream Pokémon games so far that this is (with the inclusion of those third versions in that statement) exactly what they're thinking.
It's going to be split into two games, what are you talking about.

woke up to this and the announcement of free Don't Starve multiplayer DLC

today is a good day

Glaceon said:
Jack McCoy said:
Mario4Ever said:

If you meant the latter part of what I said because part of me thinks that, I was basically betting everything Nintendo's earned from mainstream Pokémon games that those very words (edited to account for the third versions you didn't mention) were what they were thinking.

Jack McCoy said:
Mario4Ever said:
Except a game with every region in it wouldn't work

Glaceon said:
Glaceon said:
Jack McCoy said:
Mario4Ever said:

If you meant the latter part of what I said because part of me thinks that, I was basically betting everything Nintendo's earned from mainstream Pokémon games that those very words (edited to account for the third versions you didn't mention) were what they were thinking.
The third version, recently, got split into two games, did it not?

Glaceon said:
Glaceon said:
Jack McCoy said:
Mario4Ever said:

The third version, recently, got split into two games, did it not?
We don't actually know whether or not that's the case yet, but I personally doubt it and think if they don't remake Emerald too, the two existing remakes will mainly be based off their original versions.

me: ok time to see what's been happening on the internet
>this
HMgWTHS.gif

76b.gif

OH HOLY CRAP YES FINALLY <3

I'll be getting Omega Ruby for sure; sucks how there wasn't any additional info aside from a release date, but I guess they're saving it all for E3

still, YAY

Eh, might get it. I was disappointed with X and Y soooo... I'm not so hype. I'd like to see some more of it before I make any decisions.

Serebii said:
Following its reveal yesterday, there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. We'll bring more on these games as it comes
They are remakes, in case anyone is part of the group taking the "The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world" too literally.

Super Smash Misty said:
New Super Mario said:
Only played X and Y
I'm sorry.
QUICKLY IF GEN III GETS A REMAKE YELLOW SHOULD TOO PLS NINTENDO
They already remade those only with out the starter being a stupid pikachu

Back