Mario RPG Representation

Do you think the RPGs (Mario & Luigi & Paper Mario) should get any representation in the SSB4?

• I feel that there needs to be several characters representing the RPGs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel that there should be at least one character representing the RPGs

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I don't think the RPGs should get any representation

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
I guess this had sort of been a thing for a while, with characters like Paper Mario, and even Fawful. So what do you think?

P.S. If options 1 or 2 say who you want.

Re: RPG Representation

As much as I adore them, their characters will really never have any place in Smash Bros.

If there's going to be any Mario RPG representation in Smash Bros. in terms of the roster. I'd say it'd be Paper Mario. The most that popular characters from the RPG games can hope for is an assist trophy.

And as much as some people dislike Sticker Star. Sakurai and/or Nintendo could of decided to put Paper Mario in the game because of Sticker Star.

You fully understand that Mario isn't the only Nintendo series with an RPG, correct?

That's why I refuse to vote in the poll.

We have enough Mario characters. We have five, and that's not counting the subseries.

Paper Mario has the best shot, but with the confirmation of Rosalina, I doubt he will be appearing.

All the other Mario RPG characters like Fawful have no place in the roster and should at most be a collectible trophy,

I'm surprised that this wasn't an unanimous vote for Geno. o_o Normally that's what I've seen whenever the subject of someone from the RPGs comes up. I'll always prefer to have Mallow over Geno but sadly the latter's much more popular. Then again miracles have happened before like EarthBound being rereleased.

kinda do as the mario rpgs are really the main reason why i like the franchise to begin with but idk really

nintendo shares little interest to the mario rpg universe, so i dont think there will ever be rpg representation.

Sure id like it, but again, dont think it's ever going to happen to ssb4 or even other spin-offs outside the rpgs.

As disucssed many times, I think there are two points that we should remember in mind before this topic:

1, If SSB can have Mario RPG characters, so can Mario spinoffs. After all, spinoffs can offer more seats for Mario characters than SSB. If RPG characters can't appear in a Mario game, how can they appear in crossovers?

2, Most Mario regular characters don't have enough appearances in RPGs, which relatively highlights the original characters. If Nintendo have fixed this problem, seriously nobody would actually consider to start this topic.

I do believe there are many successful titles from Mario RPG series, but the major reason why Nintendo don't have to consider them as a representation is they're neither an independent series, very few charaters nor have more than two appearances in the whole Marioverse.
Honestly, I would be extremely happy if Goombella gets in SSB4, but I still know that she doesn't really deserve it for now.

Oh, for Paper Mario himself, I wouldn't surprise he comes though I don't really expect.

Herobrine said:
I'm surprised that this wasn't an unanimous vote for Geno. o_o Normally that's what I've seen whenever the subject of someone from the RPGs comes up. I'll always prefer to have Mallow over Geno but sadly the latter's much more popular. Then again miracles have happened before like EarthBound being rereleased.
pretty sure square-enix owns the rights to characters like geno and stuff

Herobrine said:

lol mother 2 being a miracle

funny

but as said square enix owns some rights for geno and mallow, although this doesnt apply to other rpgs in the mario universe, so yeah.

Aiko Heiwa said:
Herobrine said:
pretty sure square-enix owns the rights to characters like geno and stuff

They do, as seen in the credits of Superstar Saga.

As far as playable characters go, it's a no for me.

I would like to see at least one of the partners from Paper Mario as an Aszist Trophy, though. Like Bow, maybe.

Back