Should Nintendo get rid of Goombas?

Natalie J.

I have no mouth, but I must traffic.
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
I definitely think so. They're more like "training enemies" than anything. Speak your opinion here.

Way too iconic now in my opinion, besides every game needs its easy enemy.

???

Who in all of Nintendo's offices would even think of getting rid of the Goombas?
What would be achieved by no longer using the Goombas?
When would they start getting rid of them?
Where would anyone get the idea that they would get rid of the Goombas?

and most importantly

Why? Just why would you even ask this in the first place?

Re: Should Nintendo change Goombas?

Because I want to know other peoples opinions.

Also changed title.

In response to change, no. Sub-species serve the purpose already.

They cannot be taken rid of. They are the heart of the series, when I remember Mario, I remember him jumping on a goomba.

Absolutely not!

It would be funny to see a Goomba capable of wiping the floor with Mario though.

No. Every game need to have an easy enemy so that new players can jump right in. And they can be difficult sometimes. Para-Goombas, SM3DW Octogoombas, Spiked Goomba, the list goes on.

Morgan M. Horse said:
They're more like "training enemies" than anything.

that's precisely why hhey should be kept in.

also, not every enemy needs to be tricky or tiring to defeat. sometimes you need something simple like a goomba to take a breather once in a while.

i like goombas so no way

Farkles14 said:
Morgan M. Horse said:
They're more like "training enemies" than anything.

that's precisely why hhey should be kept in.

also, not every enemy needs to be tricky or tiring to defeat. sometimes you need something simple like a goomba to take a breather once in a while.

this, basically

did you make this topic just to get ltq to post and have a goomba avatar?

either way, big no-no, goombas are like the first enemy you ever encounter in the mario series

hardly something we just get rid of

Bat King Antasma said:
Rocket '3Koon said:
That would be like removing the Kremlings from Donkey Ko -OH WAIT
Oh, don't even get me started on that.
I'm still holding out that this is all part of Retro's plan and the third game will be the epic end to the trilogy where the Kremlings return.

In fact, they've already begun introducing the old characters in Tropical Freeze.

Bat King Antasma said:
Rocket '3Koon said:
That would be like removing the Kremlings from Donkey Ko -OH WAIT
Oh, don't even get me started on that.
Well it's kinda weird that kremlings are both the bosses and the minions in their troop, while goombas are the smallest minions in Koopa Troop. Unless DK series come up with a new type of minons that can differentiate from KingK.Rool and his relatives, I don't think it makes sense.

It ain't all that weird, a lot of the Koopa Troops are a species of Koopa, so.

Also, the Kremlings will likely show up sooner or later, they just seem to be adding more enemies to do with in the meantime, and it's working out well IMO.

Dorayaki said:
Unless DK series come up with a new type of minons that can differentiate from KingK.Rool and his relatives, I don't think it makes sense.
What "relatives" are you talking about, exactly? If this is about what it says in K. Rool's Brawl trophy about Kaptain K. Rool being his brother, then that was an error. King, Kaptain, and Baron K. Roolenstein are all the same person.

Back