So...What is next for Rosalina??

Ashley and Red

You'd better learn my name 'cause I am...
Well, Rosalina first appeared in ''SMG'', returned in it sequel and was playable in ''Mario Kart Wii''. She now appears in ''SM3DW'' as a playable chracter, cameos in MPIT and will be playable in the next Smash Brothers and return in MK8.

By some reasons, she is become ( or she already is) a recurring character....But why???

There was Princess Daisy that is the Spin-Off Queen, and could appear in SSB as playable, but she didn't. Rosalina only appeared 5 games and is in smash, tought, Daisy appeared in much more. And the smae applies to Waluigi.

So waht is next for Rosalina???(Yes, I forgot MK7)

The difference is that Daisy and Waluigi only exist to be filler and to give Peach and Wario partners.

On the other hand, Rosalina was a key character in a very popular game, had a cameo in its sequel, and was even playable in a main series Mario platformer.

GalacticPetey said:
The difference is that Daisy and Waluigi only exist to be filler and to give Peach and Wario partners.

On the other hand, Rosalina was a key character in a very popular game, had a cameo in its sequel, and was even playable in a main series Mario platformer.

Yes. You are right. I think that Rosalina will be playable in MG:WT or another new sports game.

I hope not. I don't want them to whore her out. She should keep her appearances scarce so she keeps being special. I like to pretend that she didn't appear in the horrible Mario Party: Island Tour.

Now, what's next for her? I don't know. I mean, she pretty much reached peak by becoming playable in Smash Bros., which was something I never expected. I'll quote myself; something I said a looong time ago in another thread:

Anser said:
Rosalina has ZERO chances of ever becoming playable in Super Smash Bros. She could be an Assist Trophy, if anything.

Luckily, surprisingly, and thankfully, I was wrong. I think that the only thing left for her is getting her own game. It's unlikely, but it could happen. Donkey Kong, Wario and Yoshi got their own sub-series after a couple of appearances in main games, so who knows. Or, she could just stick to keep appearing in spin-offs, which is something I don't want. She should remain exclusive to Mario Kart and maaaaaybe Mario Golf. I'll despise the day I see her playable in Mario Party, Strikers, Baseball, Olympics, or whatever.

GalacticPetey said:
Then they can be their partners in platformers, in this thinking. Their major issue is their background isn't bound to a spinoff situation, unlike Gene or Azalea. Rosalina is an opossite example, she still has no clear role (not being someone's partner, oh, Luma?) in current big titles even though the directors insist on making her in.

Ashley and Red said:
By some reasons, she is become ( or she already is) a recurring character....But why???
Does she? Judging from total Mario game appearances she still doesn't appear very often. This is why her entry in SM3DW was pretty much unexpected (or maybe unwelcome). So far it's "fairly" unfair for both Daisy and Rosalina in many ways. More appearances in both spinoffs and platformers can only be good for them.

Anser said:
I hope not. I don't want them to whore her out. She should keep her appearances scarce so she keeps being special. I like to pretend that she didn't appear in the horrible Mario Party: Island Tour.

Now, what's next for her? I don't know. I mean, she pretty much reached peak by becoming playable in Smash Bros., which was something I never expected. I'll quote myself; something I said a looong time ago in another thread:

Anser said:
Rosalina has ZERO chances of ever becoming playable in Super Smash Bros. She could be an Assist Trophy, if anything.

Luckily, surprisingly, and thankfully, I was wrong. I think that the only thing left for her is getting her own game. It's unlikely, but it could happen. Donkey Kong, Wario and Yoshi got their own sub-series after a couple of appearances in main games, so who knows. Or, she could just stick to keep appearing in spin-offs, which is something I don't want. She should remain exclusive to Mario Kart and maaaaaybe Mario Golf. I'll despise the day I see her playable in Mario Party, Strikers, Baseball, Olympics, or whatever.

I thinj she will keep her NPC appearnce in Mario Party. Zero chances for strikers. Baseball and olympics....maybe. I also don't wanna that she have her own game/series.

Doryaki] [quote author=Ashley and Red said:
Does she? Judging from total Mario game appearances she still doesn't appear very often. This is why her entry in SM3DW was pretty much unexpected (or maybe unwelcome). So far it's "fairly" unfair for both Daisy and Rosalina in many ways. More appearances in both spinoffs and platformers can only be good for them.
[/quote]

Agreed.

I've been doing some thinking, and I got some ideas to improve Rosalina's future appearances.

One: Rosalina needs to be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Rosalina's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Rosalina?" Three...

Hans said:
hopefully they'll get rid of her

That's grasping at straws at this point

Hans said:
You know that isn't gonna happen. Go create a thread if you want to hate on Rosalina, and seriously participate in this.

Back to the topic, I believe that Rosalina will, eventually, have her own game. She constantly trumps Daisy and Waluigi because she actually has a personality, a back story, and isn't a clone, a fact that to some extent even Luigi lacks.

Hopefully a kick ass sequel to Super Hornio Brothers called Super Hornio Galaxy

Lolcrawler said:
Back to the topic, I believe that Rosalina will, eventually, have her own game. She constantly trumps Daisy and Waluigi because she actually has a personality, a back story, and isn't a clone, a fact that to some extent even Luigi lacks.
Nobody ever said we expect for a clone, if they really are :???:. It's Nintendo's duty who can create stories for characters in order to make them more unique. So creating a new character doesn't mean they don't have to take care of the rest.
Now Rosalina only had her background. She still needs further development as same as Daisy and the others.

Dorayaki said:
She still needs further development as same as Daisy and the others.
I believe she has a more developed and consistent personality then daisy already. What "development" are you talking about?

GalacticPetey said:
Daisy's first appearance was Super Mario Land, which was long before any of the spin-offs (which require the use of a partner) existed.

Lolcrawler said:
Dorayaki said:
I believe she has a more developed and consistent personality then daisy already. What "development" are you talking about?
Physical story aspect, not personal background. Daisy and the others have well described relationships but lacks story to develop. OTOH, though Rosalina appears in SMW3D and the upcoming SSB4, she appears individually and has no interation with the protagonists or the main story.

Dorayaki said:
Lolcrawler said:
Dorayaki said:
Physical story aspect, not personal background. Daisy and the others have well described relationships
examples being...?

rosalina at least has her whole backstory with the lumas, which is pretty interesting

Dr. Javelin said:
Dorayaki said:
Physical story aspect, not personal background.
examples being...?
rosalina at least has her whole backstory with the lumas, which is pretty interesting
That still counts as personal background in a narrow sense, and more important, it's not doing with her connection with the Mario series or characters.

nonono, i'm not saying rosalina has connections to mario characters (other than acting as a pretty good guide to mario in SMG)

i'm asking what connections daisy has with mario characters, because she has none that i'm aware of other than a speculated relationship with luigi

she doesn't really have any personal backstory either unless you count that game that no one has heard of and i always forget the name of

Dr. Javelin said:
nonono, i'm not saying rosalina has connections to mario characters (other than acting as a pretty good guide to mario in SMG)

i'm asking what connections daisy has with mario characters, because she has none that i'm aware of other than a speculated relationship with luigi

she doesn't really have any personal backstory either unless you count that game that no one has heard of and i always forget the name of
You mean super mario land the game that sold 18 millions copies?
how about the fact that she's best friends with peach (who is also her cousin according to a prima guide)
or how about the fact that Mario saved her and they've been friends ever since

Wall Doxey said:
You mean super mario land the game that sold 18 millions copies?
yeah that one. i don't really see how that game gives her any more backstory than rosalina, and indeed rosalina's is more fleshed out in smg
Wall Doxey said:
how about the fact that she's best friends with peach (who is also her cousin according to a prima guide)
which is exemplified how? other than showing up in every mario spinoff ever, daisy hasn't done much with peach
Wall Doxey said:
or how about the fact that Mario saved her and they've been friends ever since
mario has saved plenty of people, so i don't really think that's something that makes daisy special

additionally you could say he saved the cosmic observatory (and therefore rosalina) because it was drifting in space without power until mario came along and brought power back with the grand stars

Lolcrawler said:
Hans said:
You know that isn't gonna happen. Go create a thread if you want to hate on Rosalina, and seriously participate in this.
1. creating a thread to hate on a character would be pretty stupid
2. i'm pretty sure i'm allowed to say that i hope Rosalina doesn't get anymore appearences in the future in a thread about her future
3. i'm fully aware that she's more than likely going to continue making appearences

While it's nice to see Rosalina get some representation, there are some things that she should avoid getting involved with. The Mario Strikers series easily comes to mind, due to its highly aggressive behavior.

Rosalina is too gentle for such content (she doesn't even have any signs of anger), but playing tennis or baseball should be okay for her demeanor.

MnSG said:
While it's nice to see Rosalina get some representation, there are some things that she should avoid getting involved with. The Mario Strikers series easily comes to mind, due to its highly aggressive behavior.

Rosalina is too gentle for such content (she doesn't even have any signs of anger), but playing tennis or baseball should be okay for her demeanor.
But what about Smash, where the goal is to KO your opponent?

GalacticPetey said:
But what about Smash, where the goal is to KO your opponent?

At least Rosalina wouldn't be aggressive there when compared to if she was in Mario Strikers. Besides, you don't see Peach acting like a spoiled brat when she's losing in Smash Bros..

Back