Do you think that the 3D Mario games should return to the previous style?

Yes or no?

• Yes, I would like the old style to return.

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • No, I prefer the new style.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I'm undecided.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care either way.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

User4042

Celestial Guide
By this I mean in the style of 64 (DS), Sunshine, and Galaxy (2).
By the new style I mean of 3D Land and 3D World.

IMO, yes. I really liked the way they did it in the previous installments. I was pretty disappointed when they started doing the new style in 3D Land and 3D World.

I want more combat options, so yes, I prefer the previous style.

3DLand series is still an indepedent title so far. It doesn't seem like a feasible topic. You might have to wait for the next 3D game to determine whether this issue exists.

well long as its open im really good with that.

otherwise meh

I don't really care either way

Just as long as it's well-made and fun

As far as I know, for whatever style they go with, the game will still be darn good and imaginative. So any style they choose I'll take.

However, I would like to see what else they could do with the 64/Sunshine/Galaxy style for their next title.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't really care either way

Just as long as it's well-made and fun
Agreed, if the game is fun I'll probably play it.

I like both the open-ended, exploration-based design of the earlier 3D games and the more linear design of the 3D Land/World games, so whichever style they choose, I'll be happy.

definitely the older style. the new games feel stale and made for yearly installments and such

Elsa said:
definitely the older style. the new games feel stale and made for yearly installments and such

wasnt 3d world a massive improvement though?

I mean that one games doesn't really make up for all the nsmb titles im sure, but it seems like it was a step in the right direction.

I honestly prefer the 64/Sunshine/Galaxy style over the 3D Land/World style.

So yeah, I hope the 3D ones return to that.

Didn't I make a very similar thread to this a month or so ago?

All of my yes. The older games had so much more charm and content than the newer ones. 3D World is a huge step up from Land but it still fades in comparison to 64, Sunshine, and both Galaxies (to me anyway)

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
All of my yes. The older games had so much more charm and content than the newer ones. 3D World is a huge step up from Land but it still fades in comparison to 64, Sunshine, and both Galaxies (to me anyway)

Super Mario 64 DS
-
-
-
-
-
Super Mario Galaxy 2
-
Super Mario Galaxy 1
Super Mario 64
-
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario 3DWorld
-
Luigis Mansion
Super Mario 3DLand

I would really like to see a rebirth of Super Mario 64 in HD or even Super Mario sunshine in HD. With the release of The Wind Waker HD, we start to see a little hope for this.

I grew up playing Super Mario 64 so it holds a very dear place in my heart, same with sunshine. So I am all for a return to the previous style of mario games, I hope we see it in the near future.

3D Player 2004 said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

Super Mario 64 DS
-
-
-
-
-
Super Mario Galaxy 2
-
Super Mario Galaxy 1
Super Mario 64
-
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon