General Discussion

Hey, good job on the chart!

I don't know where to put it, as it is just a fun fact, but Nintendo is hiring people in Japan, and beside knowing what are their current priorities, we also get to know some of the tools they are using at Nintendo, namely:
  • Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (yay, I was probably right when I said that current artwork is often Photoshopped!)
  • Maya and MEL (the same they used in the Wii U version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, I thought they were mainly using 3ds Max, though)
  • V-Ray, Arnold
  • Python
  • HTML5 for the various pages (well, this was obvious...)

I'm not surprised they use Maya. Maya is an industry standard, and also, I've seen a pre-release screenshot of Pokemon models being developed with Maya.

Also this picture uses Maya units and NURBs

Wooly_World_Beta3.png

I'm surprised there's no Z-Brush though, that's fairly common too.

Accessories

I'm going to probably turn this page into a disambiguation page to make way for the Horse Racing version of accessories and.....

Wait, why is the plural form the main article? Is it supposed to be like that???

Unless the page was titled "List of accessories", I'd go with the singular.

It should be a disambiguation page anyway, considering we have pages on the following

Accessories (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story) after further inspection, also, why is this a redirect to Clothing, does anyone search that when looking up clothing or is that an actual alternate name?
Gallery:Accessories

And the upcoming Accessories (horse racing) or Accessories (Mario Sports Superstars). I think the first name is better so I'll go with that one.

It's labeled as an "Accessory" in-game, correct? Even so, it shouldn't redirect to the Clothing article, it should redirect to the Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story version of it.

I really don't know whether I should call the article "Accessory (Horse Racing)" or "List of horse accessories in Mario Sports Superstars". I prefer the first one mostly because it's not as much as a mouthful and second we do have articles like "Sticker (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)" and not "List of stickers in Super Smash Bros. Brawl". I do suppose that "Sticker" is a "named" object in Super Smash Bros. Brawl while "accessory" in Mario Sports Superstars is referred to as lowercase so there's also a reason to name it "List of horse accessories in Mario Sports Superstars" but I'm very conflicted over the article name, still.

Those articles where only somewhat recent I guess so whoever split them just didn't check the redirects. That should be changed.

Yeah I'm not sure about naming either. Is there a guideline on it or just a case by case thing? It would be good to keep consistent but I'm not sure what to be consistent with.

If the game doesn't state that name as the accessories' proper name (with uppercase), I guess you should go with the second name, so that it's clear that this is just a name stating what they are rather than the actual official name of the accessories.

dJ0amqj.png

wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem

Cleared cache, nothing changed.

Nope it's still broken

I had the same problem, but with the Poll banner. When TPG downloaded the new version, I kept seeing the old version even if I cleared the cache multiple times. It took like 5 days before I could finally see the new version.

But for this file, no problem, It works fine.

I am currently still having an issue with the new wiki logo. It's still transparent, even though a filled version was uploaded, followed by the Crash logo and then back to the filled version some time later.

Whatever this problem is, I hope it gets resolved soon, but for now, I got nothing.

For the Boomerang Mario image glitch, I was thinking to reupload everything about it (including previous histories) just to fix that bug, as it's pissing me off.

It doesn't show up at all, regardless of image size and thumbnails. The only time it shows up if I'm viewing the direct image and the smaller resolution versions of the direct image.

Thanks, Steve, that worked.

Any reason why uBlock targeted only Boomerang Mario?

Toad Rally
Kingdom Builder
World Tour

None of these modes deserve their own article. Everything that can be said in it can be easily fit in the Super Mario Run article. We only make exceptions of these modes have a glut of content on their own merits that would further bloat the article, such as Super Duel Mode and Coin Rush. Articles such as Mario Sports Mix, Mario Sports Superstars, Mario Party: Star Rush, and more have modes that literally play like their own game, far more than any of the Super Mario Run modes, but their modes aren't chopped up to pieces because it isn't necessary to allocate their information into a less convenient spot.

Back