General Discussion

I suppose so. Anyhow, I don't think I'm going to go in Super Smash Bros. Brawl's and Mario Kart 8's turdy voices either. Sounds too... anal for what insignificance they are. Rosalina's might be a different case though, since she has a turdy voice in Mario Kart 8, but it is a marked contrast from Mario Kart Wii's voice. "Wwwwwwhhhheeee! :3"

But maybe that changes in this upcoming Sports game.

I have a feeling (that tonights gonna be a goooood nightt) that i will be fanserviced.

Anyway , if i DONT HEAR any of this , or anything remotely similar to this during Golfing , i'm gonna play as Daisy as a form of metaphorical self destruction.

https://a.pomf.cat/vureav.wav

And yes , i got some World Tour clean clips through some sort of black magic.

Hey, Pauline's page (http://www.mariowiki.com/Pauline) is using a 3D model render...Would it be okay if I upload either the model in the same pose but with a different angle or then the model in a different pose???

I am not sure if I am allowed to use the different posed one since the wiki's policy of the uploading of fan content...

I'm a bit iffy on that. I mean, here's what you could do if you made a 3D render of an official pose:

MSSBabyLuigiRBI.png

Sushi_MP9.png

If there's no better artwork of her, i guess you *could* do that, as I don't see the harm in that.

@Baby Luigi...Those are very good! I think I can do something like this...The Pauline Model from Sm4sh is very HQ, hi poly...I will yse the same pose just to guarantee...

@Rusty: True...Guess I will do it...

If later someone disagrees we'll see...

EDIT: I will make the render and post here before uploading into the wiki...Just to guarantee

I was having a recent discussion on whether the Koopalings' and Kamek's cards should be included in the bestiary of Paper Mario: Color Splash or not and, while admittedly the matter might be a little too specific to be interesting, the underlying principle to follow might be: I think the bestiary cards as like ID cards of the enemy battled, if the enemy has a card which can be won after winning the battle, but is not directly dropped by the enemy, it should be included, with an added indicator (in this case a letter) that says that the card can only be won after winnning the battle but is not directly dropped by the enemy, it must be obtained elsewhere; while the original creator of the bestiary (sorry, can't spell his name right on mobile right now) thinks that only information immediately related to the battles should be included, thus leaving the cards of those characters blank even if said characters have enemy cards that can be used to summon them in battle, because said cards aren't effectively a direct reward of the battle, other actions are needed to obtain those after the battle has been won.
I think this might be an interesting matter, as it would help us guiding the creation of future bestiaries as well (more in a battle-related direction or in a battled-character-related direction).

What do you think about the matter and maybe the underlying principle to follow?

I'm not too familiar with PMCS, but I do agree with your suggested principle. The cards look good on the bestiary (the entire thing is looking awesome actually); they seem fine to include. The only suggestion I have is that we could link the pictures of the cards to the respective entries on the Battle Card article (maybe using Template:Anchor), rather than having the image clickable to the filepage.

I picked up the Prima guide for Sticker Star, and it lists a few objects that don't seem to have articles on the wiki. As I'm not familiar with the game, I was hoping that someone would provide some more detail if I listed them:

Super Flags - "As Decalburg rebuilds the Sticker Festival, eight Super Flags appear on the festival grounds. When you meet the conditions written on each Super Flag, it unfurls in celebration of your achievement. [details on unlocking each flag]"

Paperization Blocks - "To reveal a Paperization Block, you must activate the Paperize ability and apply a sticker to the indicated spot. The contents of a Paperization Block are determined by the sticker you use to reveal it. Each sticker has four possible results. (See the 'Stickers' chapter for details.)

Sling-a-Thing Platforms - "Visit Sling-a-Thing platforms to transform a thing from your Album into a Thing Sticker. This service is free of charge! You can make as many Thing Stickers as you like - as long as your Album can accommodate them. You'll find Sling-a-Thing platforms in Decalburg and World 3-6."

Time Turner said:
Super Flags - "As Decalburg rebuilds the Sticker Festival, eight Super Flags appear on the festival grounds. When you meet the conditions written on each Super Flag, it unfurls in celebration of your achievement. [details on unlocking each flag]"
Pretty much what it says there, can't see what exactly to expand upon. (Although I don't remember/know the details of getting the flags off the top of my head and I can't really go check.)

Time Turner said:
Paperization Blocks - "To reveal a Paperization Block, you must activate the Paperize ability and apply a sticker to the indicated spot. The contents of a Paperization Block are determined by the sticker you use to reveal it. Each sticker has four possible results. (See the 'Stickers' chapter for details.)
With the Paperize ability you can find small squares in certain places that can be materialized into blocks.. You can put any small sticker in there and get a different sticker when you use the block. If you put a Jump Sticker for example, you get a Shiny Jump more or less.

Time Turner said:
Sling-a-Thing Platforms - "Visit Sling-a-Thing platforms to transform a thing from your Album into a Thing Sticker. This service is free of charge! You can make as many Thing Stickers as you like - as long as your Album can accommodate them. You'll find Sling-a-Thing platforms in Decalburg and World 3-6."
You can find Things scattered around, but you can't use them just in that state. You can go the Sling-a-Thing to turn the Things into Thing stickers. Certain areas require you to use Thing stickers to get past them. Thing stickers also do various actions when used in battle.

I'd be interested in creating a Super Flag article.

Super Flags return in Paper Mario: Color Splash, and they apparently unlock the secret ending too, when all of them are collected, so they might be relevant.

Here's my sandbox page on what the nomination categories MarioWiki: Featured articles should look like

User:Baby Luigi/Featured Articles

I'm still brainstorming better ways to archive older nominations. First of all, the older nomination names should be moved first before action like this should be taken.

As part of the current 'Shroom Spotlight, I added the layout for Shivering Mountains. I decided that didn't feel like enough, so I went ahead and added the missing layouts for Beanstalk Way, Mirror Mansion, and Pecan Sands. Also fixed various other Wario World-related pages, too.

Feel free to correct any mistakes I may have made. I looked over it before finalizing, but I corrected the ones I caught.

Should we give more prominence to the official romanized Japanese names? While they might seem simple romanizations of the Japanese names, they do not always sound like those and are more like "English versions of the Japanese names".
As an example, if I am not mistaken, Bowser should be written like "Kuppa" and instead his official romanized name is "Koopa", with only one p, but more importantly, there are puns that can only work with the Japanese names and cannot work with the official romanization, such as in the case of this comic strip of Larry that works only because the Japanese name of Larry is written like "Rally", while its official romanization ("Larry", like the English name) wouldn't work.
Furthermore, the official romanization itself evolved, with Yossy in Super Mario World becoming Yoshi in modern material or Kamek becoming Kameck (lately, the letter "c" has been added to the official romanized names, and is even found in the games' data, with MK8 short form of Toadette being "Knc", which means "Kinopico").
For these reasons, I'm wondering if we should at least add the official romanized names along the Japanese names, as "Jap", using "JapR" for a romanization of the Japanese names that sounds more like they actually should be pronounced in Japanese.

Finished making the List of Mii Headgear, but there are a number of images I cannot get. Some of them are using the images from List of Mii Outfits as placeholders and others have no image at all. If anyone has the missing images, please provide them! Thing is, aside from two, most of them are DLC pieces...

Alex95 said:
Finished making the List of Mii Headgear, but there are a number of images I cannot get. Some of them are using the images from List of Mii Outfits as placeholders and others have no image at all. If anyone has the missing images, please provide them! Thing is, aside from two, most of them are DLC pieces...

Do they have to be in-game pics? Here is the image that was used to advertise Ashley's DLC clothes

ashley_23694375411_o.jpg

---------------

Probably not a good idea unless all Mii outfits have dedicated promotional images like this. We need consistency here.

Ashley and Red said:
Do they have to be in-game pics? Here is the image that was used to advertise Ashley's DLC clothes

In-game pics would be preferred, yes. Additionally, the List of Mii Outfits is missing some pics, too. I could provide a few more of those myself, but, again, I'm missing most of the DLC ones...

If any promotional artworks are available of the different Mii headgears, they'd look good presented as a gallery, below the tables showing in-game pictures.

My suggestion (it's a bit late on this) is to make all headgear the same dimension. It's a minor thing, really, but I think it'd make the page look nicer.

It...probably would, yeah. I didn't do the math on figuring out the proper dimensions for the images; I just merely cropped to show only the hat itself and uploaded. Honestly, it's an easy fix (just mess with the gradient), but it'll take a little while to reupload them all. I suppose I could start polishing the images up a bit tomorrow or sometime next week (no idea what my schedule is like :P ).

iTAPckh.jpg

Nintendo officially classifies the type of 3D Mario. Should we note this?

Back