Sakurai's arm injury getting worse

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Remember how Masahiro Sakurai apparently injured his arm a few months back? Well, apparently, it's not getting any better:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/13/sounds-as-though-smash-bros-designers-arm-injury-is-getting-worse/

Really makes me want to say cut back on Smash Bros. and take some time to heal, though I know more people will be like "RELEASE SMASH BROS> NOW!" will little regard for his health... or say "he can rest after he's done with the game!"

Still, this is his job, and he's got work to do, so I appreciate his dedication all the same.

I really feel sorry for this man. He is going through extreme pain, but continues doing what he loves. He puts blood, sweat, and tears into this, but he doesn't nearly get enough credit. I'd be fine if the game gets delayed if it means that Sakurai gets some time off to rest.

yeah the guy needs some time to rest, and those rabid fans that dont agree need to get over themselves.

His health is way more important then some instrument of entertainment.

Smashgoom202 said:
though I know more people will be like "RELEASE SMASH BROS> NOW!" will little regard for his health... or say "he can rest after he's done with the game!"

I'm embarrassed to be the same species as those miscreants. :posh:

Has there ever been any info as to what caused it?

I wish him a good recovery.

Ungrateful wretches, let the poor man rest his arm.

I can too. Also considering that I don't have 3DS/Wii U But seriously, I kind of wonder what exactly happened to his arm, because, I guess I'm not a big expert on arm injuries, but they shouldn't be a big problem.

I've seen some sad idiots call Sakurai out for intentionally continuing injuring himself.

Sad people.

I wish Sakurai luck and I love his deep passion.

Olaf said:
From what I can tell the miiverse has no idea that he's even going through this... -_-

and a big chunk of them probably wouldnt care either.

You'd be really surprised how selfish people can be.

Randy Cunningham said:
Smashgoom202 said:
though I know more people will be like "RELEASE SMASH BROS> NOW!" will little regard for his health... or say "he can rest after he's done with the game!"

I'm embarrassed to be the same species as those miscreants. :posh:

Has there ever been any info as to what caused it?

I wish him a good recovery.
I think just playing and testing every aspect of the game is taking a toll on his hand.

I wish the work ethic of Japanese workplaces didn't allow things like these to happen, Sakurai has a whole team from Namco plus Sora to help him, he shouldn't push himself too hard.

Sakurai seems to make worse decisions while injured so I'd be really happy seeing the game delayed while he heals up.

3D Player 2004 said:
Sakurai's injury is really taking a toll on his intelligence apparently.

What the fuck

GalacticPetey said:
Can we just ban this troll?
I believe in what I am saying.
I am not saying things I don't believe in just to start arguments.
I am not a troll.

GalacticPetey said:
Can we just ban this troll?
YEAH.

I agree with him.

SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT DAISY WILL BE ONLY A ALTERNATE COSTUME,A STICKER OR A TROPHY.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SAKURAI'S INJURY SO BE GRATEFUL SHE'S (Daisy) IN FUCKING SUPER SMASH BROS IN SOME FORM NOW GO TO MIIVERSE LIKE THE REST OF THE SHITHEADS.

LET THE DAMN MAN REST, HE WORKS HARDER THAN THE WHOLE WIKI COMBINED AND DON'T GO INSULTING HIS BRAIN AND BESIDES LITTLE MAC IS A COOL ADDITION.

Daisy is never going to be in Smash unless the roster was like 200 characters, which means NEVER.

Let the man rest, he works very hard for a bunch of ungrateful people who start threatening him if he takes a break.

Smash can wait. I have Brawl in the meantime.

Besides, you can hack Daisy into Brawl.

not to mention he isn't single handed making it
he should take a break and let someone else take over for a spell

3D Player 2004 said:

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Ungrateful wretches, let the poor man rest his arm.

3D Player 2004 said:
Sakurai seems to make worse decisions while injured so I'd be really happy seeing the game delayed while he heals up.
You ignoring this?!?!

doesnt change the fact you insulted his intelligence because of an arm injury.

3D Player 2004 said:
3D Player 2004 said:
You ignoring this?!?!
The second post makes you sound dishonest about it.

3D Player 2004 said:
3D Player 2004 said:

are you stating that an injured man is becoming unintelligent for putting in characters that one single person dislikes

are you serious

Back