The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Re: Zelda (Wii U)

Ulrich said:
Zae Eildus said:
yeah ww is by far one of the easier zeldas.

Although to be honest with you most of the zelda games are pretty easy to begin with.

Well, you don't like Zelda games, so...

i dont like most of them, i still like some 2d ones.

Not surprsing, considering 2D Zelda games >>> 3D Zelda games.

well ww is actually pretty good and i dont think ive played mm yet.

although oot and tp are horrible, and i personally dont have much interest in ss.

Zae Eildus said:

although oot and tp are horrible, and i personally dont have much interest in ss.
What about Spirit Tracks?

Misty said:
Zae Eildus said:

What about Spirit Tracks?

i played a little bit of it and it seemed okay, but mostly stylus controls kinda kills it for me.

Zae Eildus said:

...sometimes I think you just say that stuff to try to get a reaction from people and feed off of them.

Ulrich said:
Zae Eildus said:

...sometimes I think you just say that stuff to try to get a reaction from people and feed off of them.

well i dont, that'd be awful.

Ulrich said:
Zae Eildus said:

Those two games were my favourites, great dungeons and exploration although the excessive amount of items in tp got a tad out of hand. What was it about them you didn't like?

Z-omb said:
Ulrich said:
Zae Eildus said:

Those two games were my favourites, great dungeons and exploration although the excessive amount of items in tp got a tad out of hand. What was it about them you didn't like?

well since you asked, ill list my reasons.

OOT
- boring dungeons designs, such as the water temple and fire temple
- incredibly easy bosses that seem like there wasnt any effort put into them
- very ugly game, even for its era, although i wasnt big on 3d games back then
- enemy ai waiting for another enemy to die, this resulted in the game feeling very boring and enemy encounters very sluggish
- game did not live up to hype and especially didnt live up to lttp

although there are some good things about oot such as ocarina songs and certain bgms being decent

TP
- without a doubt the ugliest game ive seen in a long time, so ugly that i literally cringe while looking at it
- very bad start as the pacing is horrible and vessels of light(aka getting the bugs) was without a doubt one of the most annoying things ive ever seen in any game ever
- very boring overworld/dungeon music themes
- meh sidequests that often didnt feel very rewarding
- a lot of characters seemed very bland and were hardly interesting in the slightest, the only character that didnt follow this pattern was midna
- Zants real personallity of him being a psychotic pawn and moron, not to mention very boring boss fight
- ganondorf once again being a villain, was not happy with that.

the game does have good boss themes and midna was a great character thats about the only thing i can come up with that i actually like.

Zae Eildus said:

Okay, here we go...

- without a doubt the ugliest game ive seen in a long time, so ugly that i literally cringe while looking at it

The graphics were not the best. However, many fans out there believe that TP had one of the best visuals out of any Zelda game, because it actually went realistic. While the color scheme could have used more variety, it wasn't that bad. It was a bit blurry, but we got to remember that this game is 8 years old now, and the graphics aged terribly. But when it came out, it was really next-level to many people and critics. Besides, I can easily nitpick a few games that have been released since then that are way uglier.

- very bad start as the pacing is horrible and vessels of light(aka getting the bugs) was without a doubt one of the most annoying things ive ever seen in any game ever

The start does take forever. I usually end up stopping Day 1 of playing just as I finally get to the first dungeon. And yes, the bugs are annoying, but I 100% completely disagree about one of the most annoying things to in any game over. Hyperbolized or not, it is far from the worse, even in it's own series.

- very boring overworld/dungeon music themes

...I hope you realize that just this alone could result in a BMB rant, but as I said before, your tastes are not into Zelda. However, Twilight Princess is recognized as one of the best soundtracks from the Zelda series, and of many video games depending on who you're talking about. This is more than my opinion but opinions of other fans and critics. It definitely was highly praised, especially the overworld.

- meh sidequests that often didnt feel very rewarding

I agree. Could have been a little more venturous with them or made some better prizes.

- a lot of characters seemed very bland and were hardly interesting in the slightest, the only character that didnt follow this pattern was midna

I really liked how Zelda actually wasn't just seen as "oh, I'm the princess, help me Link!", or turn into that (sorry Tetra, but once you became Zelda, you totally became a damsel in distress). She made some vital decisions to save the kingdom, sacrificed herself in order to let Midna survive, and had quite a backstory for any Zelda. Not like SS Zelda, but still quite some interesting details added.

And I felt that Ilia had a lot of depth to her. And Telma, she definitely had some spunk and was quite an important character in the series. A lot of fans were disappointed with how the "Resistance" were wasted in their potential, which I agree. Character development was definitely not a strong suit in the game except for Midna, but compared to the rest of the series, it is one of the best ones for it.

- Zants real personallity of him being a psychotic pawn and moron, not to mention very boring boss fight

Zant is a twist of the word "Zany", which means "comical" or "clown-ish", so the fact that he ended up being that fit his name very well. Plus, it was a key component to the character development for Zant. He had everything under control; he got rid of Midna as the ruler of the Twili, managed to stop Midna from using the fused shadows, and nearly killed Midna. However, as the game was heading towards the end, Zant began to realize that things were not going to the way he had hoped. Ganondorf had been reborn already, and so now he was expendable. Link and Midna got back all the Mirror of Twilight Shards and now they were in his own "throne". So he literally breaks down over his frustration, and loses his sanity - literally. He knew that everything he finally had that he dreamed for so long about to be taken away was just too much.

I admit, I was disappointed with Zant when we saw the rest of his face. He was so badass when he and Midna were talking after the 3rd dungeon, and his mouth looking sewn together and all creepy and just dark, but then to have the rest of him seem so weak and feeble...

- ganondorf once again being a villain, was not happy with that.

That's like complaining about how Bowser is always the villain in the Mario series, and Mario does it 3x worse than Zelda does. However, it's not like they added Ganon just "for the sake of having him" (well maybe, but at least they had some backstory to it). Events after OoT, Ganondorf is executed after OoT Link forewarns the king and shows the triforce of Courage on him. When he was executed though, he managed to survive due to having the Triforce of Power. So in a quick attempt to stop him (since he just killed one of the sages), they sent him into the Twilight Realm. However, doing so, he was able to survive inside the body of Zant, and in return help him get what he desired. And then Zant overtakes Midna, and then escapes into Hyrule and begins to dominate and cover it all in twilight, which literally leads to the plot of Twilight Princess.

So yeah, Ganon in this game - even if he is used a lot - serves as a very important key in the plot and without him the plot would not have happened and Midna and Link would have never met. Sure, they could change it to make it work, but then it wouldn't connect back to OoT and created one of the three splits in the timeline along with Majora's Mask.

well to be fair about ganondorf i was talking about his character specifically, not really ganon in general.

Why couldnt we have some other character possessed by ganon? rather then the same guy we saw in oot and wind waker.

I admit, I was disappointed with Zant when we saw the rest of his face. He was so badass when he and Midna were talking after the 3rd dungeon, and his mouth looking sewn together and all creepy and just dark, but then to have the rest of him seem so weak and feeble...

yeah this was my issue, zant seemed interesting at first, but that soon turned away, honestly felt like more could be done with him, and really it seemed like ganondorf inclusion was just so sudden since zant really seemed like he was the villain.

and really thats the only two parts im going to discuss because well, our tastes just dont have a chance of seeing equal ground otherwise.

Zae Eildus said:
well to be fair about ganondorf i was talking about his character specifically, not really ganon in general.

Why couldnt we have some other character possessed by ganon? rather then the same guy we saw in oot and wind waker.

I see where you're coming from since there really wasn't a break from Ganon since WW and TP were only 3-4 years a part, and then before that OoA/OoS having Ganon as a final boss, then OoT before them, so really Majora's Mask and Minish Cap were the only breaks from Ganon. Of course, Ganondorf hasn't been in a Zelda game since TP, but mostlly for plot reasons, which is understandable. I keep forgetting that ALBW is a thing now.

Though of course, At least they have some secondary villains that are at least interesting, even if they do go downhill later on (in Zant's case).

and really thats the only two parts im going to discuss because well, our tastes just dont have a chance of seeing equal ground otherwise.

Fair enough. I mean, I could probably say how much I hate [game] and you be like "but that's my favorite" and me going off about it.

So about this e3 rumor (that could very well be false)

e3_leak_14.jpg

Shard of Nightmare is a supercool name. (and to me, it sounds very dark, so the graphics probably wouldn't be too colorful)

Considering there's a lack of any other surprises on there, I wouldn't put too much weight on it. That said, I think it's pretty reasonable that we'll see at least some of the new Zelda game at E3.

The preview looked awesome, so can not wait for this.

Link's face in the trailer made me feel...

Like, the graphics are amazing! But there's something about Link's design right now that is not going over well for me. I love the blue, I love the arrows, but when they showed him, he was a little blurry.

I'm really glad to see the Zelda fanbases loving this, since I know when SS was revealed there was a lot of hate.

That trailer though was so intense though, and just man...can't wait to obssess over this for the next year!

I love the art style. Not grimdark like everyone was wanting, but I feel this game will age incredibly well, unlike Twilight Princess.

GalacticPetey said:
I love the art style. Not grimdark like everyone was wanting, but I feel this game will age incredibly well, unlike Twilight Princess.

And it's not like Skyward Sword with the cartoon-y landscape. Like, the trees actually have leaves on it instead of looking like a jumbo blotch of green colors.

Back