The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Re: Zelda (Wii U)

CELSHADING.

NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

...thats at least what that link looked like for me.

The art style looks like a hybrid of SS and WW, with a little but of OoT thrown in.

Someone on Reddit described it as Miyasaki-esque.

OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS LOOKS AMAZING

The art style looks beautiful, the open world is great, and I love Link's new design. That fighting looked intense. So excited.

This actually looks kind of exciting, but I'm not gonna admit that... wait fffffffffff

The art style looks neat landscape-wise. Not really sure about Link though. It might just be the expression that makes the face look kinda... bleh. Maybe it's just a bad shot, idk.

okay so i guess i'm the only one who likes his face

idk i think it's just really nice that he has a changed design for once. he's essentially worn the same outfit for most of the series, with only a few glimpses of him in other clothes. this new design looks pretty badass. hope they stick with it

What if the outfit is just a temporary thing for the beginning of the game though? It happened lots of times before.

I like Link's new design too. It's the sexiest he's been in a long time :birdo:

Seadramon said:
What if the outfit is just a temporary thing for the beginning of the game though? It happened lots of times before.
It's a possibility, but I'm going to hope it's not. They showed it off, so I'm going to assume they intend it to be a thing that's staying.

im so mad about this game

after skyward sword was a complete disaster i told myself no more zelda, and then they went and announced this

so, so mad

I like what we saw, but I need more to be impressed.

And please I hope it's not like ALBW where you can just do any dungeon whenever.

New Super Mario said:
And please I hope it's not like ALBW where you can just do any dungeon whenever.
What do you have against non-linearity?

Personally, I feel the ability to do whatever whenever is pretty fun in a lot of games (example: Skyrim). Open-world means you can do that, and it grants the player more freedom to, I don't know, play the game?

Dr. Javelin said:
New Super Mario said:
What do you have against non-linearity?

Personally, I feel the ability to do whatever whenever is pretty fun in a lot of games (example: Skyrim). Open-world means you can do that, and it grants the player more freedom to, I don't know, play the game?
I like it - just to a certain degree.

I just don't like not knowing what dungeon might be harder or what not and what advantages there are in each dungeon. I just want a large world that you can truly explore, just with a set degree of what dungeon you have to do first.

Ah, okay. That kinda makes sense.

I think a lot of games work around that by causing more difficult enemies to appear more often if you're a higher level, but this is an adventure game, so...

No, wait! Each dungeon still has its own difficulty level built-in in Zelda. You always run into enemies that are a little difficult to defeat, but after you get the dungeon item they're easier to fight. Like in Wind Waker, how those flying things in the evil forest level (it's been a while ._.) could be beaten with the deku leaf but after you got the boomerang they were much easier. Stuff like that makes it so you could head to any dungeon and wouldn't have to play them linearly.

I guess you could also scale the difficulty by having enemies weak to certain items start appearing in the field after you obtain that item, but c'mon, this is Zelda we're talking about. I doubt it would get that dynamic.

It looks amazing, as always. Whatever that new bow is, it looks totally awesome. Also, I'm assuming Link's wearing the traditional outfit before he gets the green clothes. It DOES look a bit like the early WW outfit.

Like, Link looks great now after viewing pics and stuff.

It literally reminds me of when someone showed pictures of Twilight Princess as though it was cel-shaded in the style of WW. That is exactly what they wanted, since they said it was going to be a mixture between SS and TP.

The thing that was bothering me with Link was just...I still don't know. If I was going to guess Link's age, I would say about 15. He's definitely younger than TP Link and OoT and stuff, but definitely older than WW Link and ALTTP Link.

Or grown-up WW Link? ...ok, that's pretty unlikely, but it'd be awesome.

Back