Pretty Much My Opinions on Mario/Nintendo

Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
Now, I'm not wanting to start any fights, but I just wanted to state some opinions of mine on the Mario series (and actually, I asked my mom about this earlier, she completely agrees with all of it).

People say Galaxy 1 is an excellent game and stuff like that, but I never really liked that game. The way the camera moves when you're walking makes it really hard to see what you're doing, and it also gives me a huge headache.

Also, I've seen people say that Mario games are literally getting easier with every game. I personally think that's a huge exaggeration. I mean, sure, they're not nearly as challenging as the original ones, but I think Nintendo is just trying to introduce Mario to players who aren't nearly as advanced as players who grew up on Mario (and I would be considered one of those players, for the record).

Another thing is, people are complaining over the friggin' soundtrack and how it's pretty much the same. Not true. They change it a little bit, but if they changed it all completely, then the whole series would probably be different.

Note; I am not saying people can't have their own opinions, and I'm not trying to start a fight about that, these are just my own, and my mom's, opinions on this.

Mario has been really hit or miss lately.

There's been great games like 3D Land and Dark Moon.

Then there's been some clunkers like Sticker Star and NSMB2.

Eh to be honest i really only play FE and some mario rpgs.

Most franchises of nintendo really bore me to death, like a lot of zelda titles.

Although i like some of the rpgs they put out im not entirely sure im a nintendo fan.

I will admit though that sm3dw does look good.

Ganondorf said:

There's been great games like 3D Land and Dark Moon.

Then there's been some clunkers like Sticker Star and NSMB2.
3D Land wasn't even good.

Dark Moon though was AMAZING. Nintendo needs to let Next Level Games do more stuff for them.

But yeah, 3D World is seriously, the only AMAZING 3D Mario game. The others are just ok.

@GP;I agree Sticker Star wasn't that great, but as for NSMB2 I'm kind of just "Meh neutral" on it.

Zae; I play a lot of other games besides Mario, too, but I still play a lot of Mario.

3D World was awesome, I can totally agree

Rin Kagamine said:
Zae; I play a lot of other games besides Mario, too, but I still play a lot of Mario.

I would if it wasnt for nsmb being a pretty bland series, i mean it almost seems like nintendo isnt even putting effort into the games.

Now sm3dw on the other hand looks like it came out pretty well with effort, as just even watching it looks fun, rather then nsmb series which always is never that appealing, whether playing or watching.

That also makes me a bit nervous on future games from nintendo like ssb4 or another FE title.

Although ssb4 is kind of a teamup with namco and nintendo i think though.

Having just bought 3D World, I can say that Nintendo still has some Mario magic.

I hope they put that magic into future titles.

Seriously, this was the first time I was wowed by a Mario game since the Galaxy series.

I used to play the galaxy series, so I really understand what you mean about that awful camera

as for them getting easier, I think they are, but I think thats a good thing, even if they are easy, assuming they take a long time to complete, you can still get as much (if not more) enjoyment out of it than a game that you have to keep retrying because its hard

I mainly just play mario kart and mario party games now days
and a lot of pc games

Rin Kagamine said:
Also, I've seen people say that Mario games are literally getting easier with every game. I personally think that's a huge exaggeration. I mean, sure, they're not nearly as challenging as the original ones, but I think Nintendo is just trying to introduce Mario to players who aren't nearly as advanced as players who grew up on Mario (and I would be considered one of those players, for the record).

I dunno, it could also be people growing up, y'know. If you go back and play a classic Mario game, it would be nearly as easy as the current games.

I always have trouble with any that came out before gba
I'm reliant on the ability to save the progress :P

Eh, I don't think the ability to save makes a game any harder

That's why GBA remakes are good

Ganondorf said:

That's kind of an exaggeration. Mario more borders on 7-8/10, so either it's good (but far from great) or it's better. New Super Mario Bros. 2, for instance, is far from a bad game by itself, but people assumed it's a safe game, a result of milking for only some more dollars. Super Mario 3D World, while much better, still garners an 8/10 because of its several flaws and that it doesn't really try anything new.

Dracomon said:
My opinion on Nintendo is that everything they do is awesome, and they can do no wrong, due to my fangirlismness. But I often contradict it.
250px-Paper_mario_sticker_star_box-art.png

Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg

No offense DF, this is a terrible mentality to have.

Gene said:
I am the only person on this forum who thinks that the camera in Super Mario Galaxy was good.

Yes

GP, do you still count games not developed by Nintendo like those examples you listed being a Nintendo game?

Baby Luigi said:
GP, do you still count games not developed by Nintendo like those examples you listed being a Nintendo game?

It's Nintendo's mistake to green light those games and agree to publish them.

Speaking on Nintendo doing no wrong, I wouldn't call their Wii U a success story either

Ganondorf said:
Dracomon said:
My opinion on Nintendo is that everything they do is awesome, and they can do no wrong, due to my fangirlismness. But I often contradict it.
250px-Paper_mario_sticker_star_box-art.png

Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg

No offense DF, this is a terrible mentality to have.
Don't forget their other mistakes.

The Virtual Boy
The Mario movie
Those Cd-i Zelda games and Hotel Mario
Choosing to have the 64 take cartridges
The GameCube
Creating the PlayStation
And a plethora of horrible accessories.

The PlayStation was the result of a collaborative effort between Sony and Nintendo, but then Nintendo decided to work with Phillips, backing what would become the CD-i while Sony released the PlayStation themselves.

Ganondorf said:
The Robot Masters said:
The GameCube
Creating the PlayStation
Ummmmm what?

The GameCube was one of Nintendo's best consoles. And what the fuck does the PlayStation have to do with anything?
1. Don't get me wrong. Almost every game on that system was amazing, and the controller was the best! I'm talking about the console itself. It looked too childish to be taken seriously (It was shaped like a lunchbox, for Pete's sake), and it took these tiny-ass discs to prevent piracy (which didn't work) at the cost of the ability to play DVDs. Bottom line: it couldn't hold a candle to the PS2 or Xbox.

2. Per M4E

Back