Which character would NOT deserve their own game?

It's a pretty bad, ugly smiley of him.

Actually I think that, aside from the ones who already got their own games, no one but Bowser and Rosalina deserve their own games. Bowser because, come on, it's Bowser (no, I don't count Bowser's Inside Story) and Rosalina because she actually has potential (now, whether I'd buy the game or not depends on the genre and many other things).

But one thing: give Daisy or Waluigi their own games and that day will be marked as the day where Nintendo will have made their most stupidest decision ever.

Anser said:
But one thing: give Daisy or Waluigi their own games and that day will be marked as the day where Nintendo will have made their most stupidest decision ever.

why not?

Both characters are pretty awesome, and if nintendo actually put effort into them, it could be good.

personally i dont think its stupid but that's just me i guess.

I'd like them to make more major appearances before they get their own game.

Hypochondriac Mario said:

but at this rate thats never going to happen.

I mean as far as nintendo is concerned waluigi and daisy are nothing more than filler.

I think that's tragic. Opposers of Waluigi and Daisy use circular logic: "Waluigi isn't notable, so he needs to appear in mainstream games. Waluigi shouldn't appear in mainstream games because he isn't important enough."

Hypochondriac Mario said:
"Waluigi isn't notable, so he needs to appear in mainstream games. Waluigi shouldn't appear in mainstream games because he isn't important enough."
Yes. "Importance" is difficult to be defined. It's just what Nintendo have done with them, not their actual potential to fit a role of mainstream games.

Princess Zae said:
I mean as far as nintendo is concerned waluigi and daisy are nothing more than filler.
There have been better "fillers" in Mario history before the reappearance of Daisy and Waluigi, such as the sport athletes. I don't think "fillers" are necessary since the mainstream games are also boring at the same time for lacking exciting story elements that spinoffs have.

*new bump record at nearly five years*

I would probably say Daisy and Waluigi. As much as I like Waluigi, they're both incredibly minor outside spinoffs and don't deserve their own games yet.

I find it amusing that Mario is probably the only franchise where a character must have their own game to be worth something (based on my observation based on arguments), though Bowser is a slight exception mainly for being the main villain. Perhaps there is an element of pride here, given how privileged we are to have several Mario characters have their own games.

I don't think any character do not deserve to have their own game, because ultimately it's up to the developers on whether they deserve their own game. I feel that Wario is lucky in this respect because the developers are not only interested in expanding his character, Wario is a symbol of not wanting to make Mario games but still wanting to have their own character. I think it's a miracle that Waluigi has his own fangame, named Psycho Waluigi, and one I am grateful for because it really shows that there is an interest in a solo Waluigi game, though an official Waluigi game would have a different direction.

If anything Waluigi and Daisy DO deserve to have their own game (each), because having their own games allow them to expand their character, and since they have been featured a lot, they have a higher degree of notability compared to many characters introduced in the main Super Mario series. This happened to Luigi in Luigi's Mansion, since Luigi was, believe it or not, wasn't significant before that game. The expanded characterisation made Luigi felt like a major part of the Mario franchise. If that sounds like too much, at the very least they perform something significant in-universe too.

*Ahem* Anyway, as per the question on which character would not deserve their own game, I am going to go with the "nobody" option, except for the extremely obscure ones like Jojoba or Baby Wario.

Thank you for reading.

Wario manages to stay in character when starring in his own games and he's just as self centered so I don't think that should stop Bowser.

Hello resurrected topics from before I joined this place.

I may now grace you with my illustrious presence.

Waluigi
Daisy
Rosalina(maybe later but not now)

Ain't I so original?

Ghostly Yoshi said:
(For clarification, I'm talking about Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (2009))

Not to be confused with Sergei Eisenstein's Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (1918).

Honestly, as long as said game is good...

They can make any game about any character, if it's good, then good, if it's bullshit, then ok...

But to say someone doesn't deserve a game is a question to which I cannot provide an answer. Even when it's a one off character with no significance whatsoever. Make the game good and I'll welcome it with arms wide open.

Lucario said:
Honestly, as long as said game is good...

They can make any game about any character, if it's good, then good, if it's bull*bleep*, then ok...

But to say someone doesn't deserve a game is a question to which I cannot provide an answer. Even when it's a one off character with no significance whatsoever. Make the game good and I'll welcome it with arms wide open.

This is pretty much my opinion in a nutshell. While there are definitely certain characters for whom if a game was made I would be significantly less interested (such as Waluigi), I'd be willing to accept any game if it was a good game.

After all, pretty much everyone hated Rabbids, yet Mario + Rabbids turned out pretty well.

I mean "deserves" is entirely subjective to begin with but that aside....

Call me petty or whatever, but I'm not playing a video game if I absolutely cannot stand the main character as the playable one, because you're pretty much stuck with him, his voice, his antics, and whatever else I despise about him throughout the entire game and it's not palatable for me. I guess as Wario is concerned, he's fine and dandy to play as but I'm drawing the line at Donkey Kong or Yoshi.

It's like, being stuck as an unlikable asshole in a story-oriented game for me.

Back