Which character would NOT deserve their own game?

Thermidor 2 said:
Isn't Vivian from The Thousand Year Door meant to be one?

uh not sure in japan, vivian is seen as one, but i think regions outside of japan refer vivian as a female.

So yeah, someone correct me here if needed.

The Robot Masters said:
inb4solarblazesaysbowser
It kinda happened already.

300px-Bowsersinsidestorycover.jpg

Thrawn said:
250px-Superpeach.jpg

Solar Blaze said:
The Robot Masters said:
inb4solarblazesaysbowser
It kinda happened already.

300px-Bowsersinsidestorycover.jpg

People who say that, including me say that because they don't look at that as Bowser's own game. It really is a Mario game with Bowser put in as a main character to make it look like it is his game.

well doesnt change the fact that a lot of the game is about bowser, so much as it really seems like his own game.

Which i dont mind as BIS is excellent.

FoxWolf64 said:
Princess Zae said:
fawful.

and the koopalings

Does your lifeline depend on hating on the koopalings? I understand you don't like them, but just STOP HATING ON THEM EVERY 5 SECONDS! Geez!
I approve of this reaction.

chillv said:
Dracomon said:
I would say bowser Jr., because he is my least favorite of the mains.

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT MY FAVORITE MARIO CHARACTER OF ALL TIME!?

Anywaw.... Although, I disagree since he is my favorite character, I have to admit that he has little character development to have his own game. *looks at Yoshi's Story and Super Princess Peach* On second thought, I think Nintendo can basically take any character from the Mario series and give them their own game
If I did not like the original Koopalings so much, I would love Bowser Jr.

My lifeline depends on making sure Wario gets killed every 5 seconds

I have a sad life :'(

Dracomon said:
FoxWolf64 said:
Princess Zae said:
fawful.

and the koopalings

Does your lifeline depend on hating on the koopalings? I understand you don't like them, but just STOP HATING ON THEM EVERY 5 SECONDS! Geez!

personally i laughed pretty hard at the reaction

Princess Zae said:
Dracomon said:
FoxWolf64 said:
Princess Zae said:
fawful.

and the koopalings

personally i laughed pretty hard at the reaction
I did too but for the opposite reason.

Drift said:
This is a hard one, but I'd have to say :birdo: .
She's like, one of the only characters that can be considered "major" (having appeared in several spin-offs), but really has no story or role.
First of all, if you'r starting a topic in order to insult any character as you wish, it's a junk topic. We don't know why Nintendo decide to make some character being the major Mario regulars, but since they do, we should respect their decision and they should also try to give every character a clear role.
And it's perhaps nothing to do with your topic title. You should ask "which characters shouldn't be a Mario regular"

For Birdo her person, as you said her role is unclear as same as Pauline, Rosalina and some other characters. She was originally an enemy, later returns as a tournament competitor. She is described to be Yoshi's good partner though we don't see her role in Yoshi titles.

And for your title question, it's silly too, we all know there won't be own games for each character because there are more than hundred of Mario characters. I never expect to see a Super Goombella even though I wish to see her person again. This question could better aim at those who already have own games (those are Peach, Luigi, DK, Wario and Yoshi).

The characters who fit in own games would be those who clearly come from a distinctive background. For example, DK comes from a jungle, Yoshi comes from a dino land, the backgroudns are the important part that allow designers to come up with a game. IMO, I didn't expect to see a Super Peach because in most times she stays with her citizens or Mario brothers, and she doesn't have her own background to describe, so it's pretty enough for her to be playable in SMB titles.

Metal Mario. If he got his own game, people will be outraged.

Why would they even do that? He has literally no personality aside from "Mario, but metal". Plus, he's been in 4 Mario games and 1 Super Smash Bros game. And he's nowhere near as popular as Rosalina.

The Robot Masters said:
Why would they even do that? He has literally no personality aside from "Mario, but metal". Plus, he's been in 4 Mario games and 1 Super Smash Bros game. And he's nowhere near as popular as Rosalina.

It's my sister. She likes nearly anything Mario.

Basically, yes. Except she expresses less than me, I think.

Dorayaki said:
It's not an "insult a character" topic, it's just a place for people to discuss their opinions on the matter "you know how the flagship characters star in games so which characters would be the worst in playing the lead role in a game and why", which is not exactly bashing characters, more like the weaknesses of some characters that would make a poor game if they starred in it.

neither yoshi nor birdo deserve it imo
birdo is blah
and yoshi already gets enough special treatment

Daisy doesn't have a game yet, and I could actually see her working as a main playable character in a super mario world type game

Drift said:
It's not an "insult a character" topic, it's just a place for people to discuss their opinions on the matter "you know how the flagship characters star in games so which characters would be the worst in playing the lead role in a game and why", which is not exactly bashing characters, more like the weaknesses of some characters that would make a poor game if they starred in it.
Ideally we can hope that every character has a game and every game is outstanding, though that's impossible. As said, we can only compare that characters who already have own games, and we can't be sure that those who haven't had would be bad leading heros.

I personally see a bigger problem that some characters don't even appear in any recent mainstream game. To me if every character has at least one playable experience, they don't need own games in order to be playable. DK, for example, he can't obtain any playable chance in SMB so it doesn't harm to give him own games.

I'm kind of upset that Daisy doesn't have a backstory or a role in the mainstream series. We also don't know Toadette's role too well. As for Waluigi, he doesn't deserve any spot in the series. Period.

Why are people saying Fawful when he never had a chance at it anyway? It's sorta like beating a dead horse.
Maybe in the distant future someone obscure like Fawful can have their time in the spotlight though. However I wouldn't even be able to think of a story for a game starring Fawful.

That said, most characters don't deserve their own game right this second. Just Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, DK and Bowser. And maybe Waluigi...

edit 2018: removing offensive remark, can't believe i was really like this back then

FoxWolf64 said:
I'm kind of upset that Daisy doesn't have a backstory or a role in the mainstream series. We also don't know Toadette's role too well. As for Waluigi, he doesn't deserve any spot in the series. Period.
Uh, most Mario characters have no backstories. They're more based on their relationships with each other (eg, Wario was made to be Mario's party rival, not an antihero wth own backstory), while Rosalina seems like a reversed case.
That's pretty enough for them to show their roles in main stream series, for example, Peach is kidnapped and her friends are going to save her (well, as result, not all of them).

And for Toadette's role that'e even much simpler. Is Toad the only Mushroom civilian appears in SMB titles?

Decade of Luigi said:
That said, most characters don't deserve their own game right this second. Just Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, DK and Bowser. And maybe Waluigi...
Anyway Birdo definitely should stay a spinoff character. The thing looks like a girl but has a male voice, in a children's game. Ick.
"Not owing games" doesn't equal to "being exclusive in spinoffs", and it's not a convincible reason. If you think other characters should deserve any spot, they should be removed from the regular list. Oh, is Fawful in that list? (no offense

Who the hell is that, anyway?

Back