Sochi 2014

Olympics! :D

I decided that I'm going to watch it all this year, not just bits and pieces like I usually do.

My sister and her curling team got to meet Debbie McCormick (one of the curlers for the US team) so that's going to be especially cool watching that.

No, I was going to make a topic about this January 1st, but I forgot. Gah! I hate myself.

I always obsessively watch the Olympics every time. They're great. Also, in my twisted sense of the word "sport", only "sports" in the Olympics can be classified as true sports, which the exception of Basketball.

In 2012 I watched the Athletics of the Paralympics in the actual stadium, but apart from that I haven't really properly watched the Olympics. I can't really this year, though, unless there's a way to on the laptop since I lack a TV now.

regular olympics are better imo

anywho i'm pulling for America, England, and Japan

The Great Tongue said:
regular olympics are better imo

anywho i'm pulling for America, England, and Japan
forgot to mention France

Pulling for Great Britain even though they suck at the winter games.

The Winter Olympics are cool. While they don't have as much variety as the normal Olympics, they have cool stuff like ice-skating, and bobsleds and whatever.

Since Australia has almost no snow ever in the whole country, we don't win many medals, which means if someone DOES win a medal it becomes a whole celebration. It's like "yay, we don't suck at winter sports for once!"

It might just be because I'm young and don't understand a lot of sportsy stuff, but honestly, I don't really care who would win (except maybe America, England, Japan, and/or Italy because Hetalia...)

I just like to watch the events and stuff, mainly Gymanstics and Swimming.

Purple Yoshi said:
Since Australia has almost no snow ever in the whole country, we don't win many medals, which means if someone DOES win a medal it becomes a whole celebration. It's like "yay, we don't suck at winter sports for once!"
i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a_zps8a0eb9a5.png

For me I didn't really care about the Winter Olympics until 2010 because of my impatience and spending my money on this game to keep me content for two weeks (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii)), but I didn't really watch much of the actual Olympics that year so this year, yeah maybe.

Also since then I have tried skiing twice, and y'know the few ski resorts in Australia are ridiculously expensive to go to for even a day but hey I've done it and even then the place I went to twice was heavily reliant on snow machines during those two years but either way I got used to it pretty quickly and kind of enjoyed myself on those two times I've done it, but that doesn't really have much to do with the Olympics so I'll just stop now...

Back