Sochi 2014

I still think Figure Skating is stupid. The Moguls were much better, even though in women's we just missed getting bronze.

Still the best olympic gold of all time
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/139086/australias_surprising_victory/

^According to Wikipedia, no.

Dracomon said:
Or NBC Sports, but that's pretty much hockey. If you're into hockey.
dont watch hockey if you are hoping any country besides canada is gonna win :^)

The Fiery said:
Dracomon said:
Or NBC Sports, but that's pretty much hockey. If you're into hockey.
dont watch hockey if you are hoping any country besides canada is gonna win :^)
Russia wins sometimes as well

also the only winter Olympic sport worth watching is Curling

Refrigerator Kirby said:
shoey and his weird opinions have struck again

Eh, figure skating is kinda interesting, but I watch winter Olympics for the skiing.

i love skiing <3

Olaf said:
Also are there any other channels that show it other than NBC?

Well, if you live along the Canadian or Mexican border (like I do), you can watch it on channels based in those countries (such as CBC) and they'll most likely show most of the events live, not like the tape-delay NBC is infamous for. That's how I'm watching most of the Games anyway, by watching them all on CBC, because they mostly show it live.

And, as I'm typing this, men's biathlon is blaring on my nearest television. It's kinda fun how you ski for a certain amount of time, then stop for a moment to shoot at targets, then repeat the cycle a couple more times.

Ski Moguls is fun to watch as well

Thrawn said:
Refrigerator Kirby said:
shoey and his weird opinions have struck again

Eh, figure skating is kinda interesting, but I watch winter Olympics for the skiing.

i love skiing <3
Curling is by far the most challenging Olympic sport

Lakitu de Vlot said:
Yoshiwaker said:
wow, the dutch got a trifecta in the 500m speed skating

just wow
Also in 5000m a few days ago. [/bragging]
How many medals will they win in the olympics that people actually care about

Lakitu de Vlot said:
^ Not only that, but in that same event, the second and third place also went to a Dutchman. I chuckled when I heard that.

UPDATE: I just discovered that a Dutchman has won a medal in all three men's speed skating events held so far (except for the silver medal in 1000 meters, which went to a Canadian). Plus, I found out that in the 3000 meters event in women's speed skating, one of the competitors was born in my city, but she placed 10th.

Finally, in another women's speed skating event, 500 meters, the same South Korean just broke two Olympic records two days ago. I also found out that a competitor in short track speed skating, Jessica Smith, actually lives near me as well. She finished in last place in the women's 500 meters, but may still have a chance in 1000 and 1500 meters.

Back