Hyrule Warriors

Gamefreak75 said:
Ok, some of the Adventure Mode challenges are such bullshit, especially those "quiz" ones. I thought it would be a fun little thing, but nope, they lock you in a small room and there's two characters/enemies after you, but you can only kill one of them. It's so dumb, specifically the one with Midna. I need to grind for a higher level with her :V

Also, your troops are useless. I had to restart that death mountain mission three times because my troops couldn't fucking hold down the boulder forts for longer than 3 seconds before the enemies attacked the base. The Sealing Grounds mission was also kinda ass.

On a side note, the Spinner is OP. Probably Link's best weapon, which is hilarious because I thought it was the joke weapon. The Magic Rod should be the joke weapon, it's bad.
Are you having trouble with the quiz ones or are they just boring for you? Because I kind of liked them since they were short and simple, you're allowed to hit the other enemy just so long as you don't kill it. The most difficult ones are by far the 'kill #00 enemies' since you need to do it fast, with a bad character sometimes (Agitha, Ruto) and without taking much damage while two god damn Gohma's are chasing you around the map.

As far as grinding goes, you can just spend rupees to push your characters to higher levels. I have all Lv30 at minimum and most of that was rupees. It's much easier than actual grinding which is a total pain in the ass. Link is Lv38 I think.

I had a little trouble with the death mountain one as well, but I don't remember the boulder forts being too big of a deal. If you hang around them and kill Darunia when he's close, then make sure they're yours until the enemy base is blasted open you don't need to worry about them afterwards. Sealing Grounds was kind of ass though, I agree. My rebel commander was in my main base the whole time and I scoured the entire place for him. I don't think I had to restart any missions iirc, as long as your main base isn't dead you can always make a comeback.

You can't rely on your grunts to do any work as long as there's an enemy with a health bar above their head around, they're only meant to slow them down while you're meant to do the killing. This is actually pretty helpful when trying to get 1200 kills for the A Rank in adventure mode, you can just let them swarm your bases and retake them later for an extra 50-100 enemies.

I haven't tried the Spinner yet even though I have it. I plan on playing Hyrule Warriors a lot again when I'm on vacation so I'll try it then.

I don't know if I'm just terrible at this game, or Adventure Mode is just really hard. There are so many missions I keep failing.

I wish I had a proper guide that explained all the combos of each character. Half the time I don't know what I have to do to get the right combo going. And everyone has unique features with their strong attacks, but I don't know what they do.

I've completed over 1/3 of the default Adventure Map without too much trouble. A Rank's can be a pain in specific missions that require to use a character that isn't good at doing what the A Rak wants. E.g Ruto and wipe out 600 enemies while two gohma's hunt you down.

Combo's are pretty simple, weak attack x number -> strong attack. Experiment a little and find 2-3 finishers that you like (I like to find a wide range Attack, a multiple hitting Attack and an attack I can dodge cancel quickly) and try sticking with them. Usually the time to press the strong attack can be timed after a certain hit of your combo so use the character animation as a guide on when to press.

I heard the twilight princess pack is really hard but the first map is mostly just time consuming.

So, for the "Beat a certain number of enemies" missions, you're SUPPOSED to run away from the giant bosses? That seems like the opposite thing of what the game is telling you to do.

You can beat them if you like, they're just generally a waste of time since they don't add anything to your kill count I don't believe. I defeated one of the Gohma's while I was running around killing enemies which made things slightly easier on me. I usually don't bother though. It's nice when it's only slow bosses like Dodongo and Manhandla but you can't always be so lucky.

After all, the game IS telling you to kill *number* enemies so you can't say it's the opposite of what they're asking, one giant boss is still only one enemy.

On the other hand, I think they're good missions to grind for rare materials if you need them from certain bosses since those missions usually contain two characters and two bosses.

Maki Nishikino said:
I heard the twilight princess pack is really hard but the first map is mostly just time consuming.
I've yet to beat the second mission of it (although I've only tried it twice because my friends are into Smash Bros. now and not Hyrule Warriors)

Agitha's Level 3 weapon mission is just...ugh. Kill me. Same with Lana's Summoning Gate Level 3, although it's because the summoning gate is slow as shit when attacking.

Zelda's Baton Level 2 mission was just terrible as well.

Skull Kid costume for uh, Link probably.

Looks like there's a Sheik and Impa costume as well, I have no idea what they might be though. Maybe the Happy Mask Salesman is one of them.

I hope I'm not the only one excited for Young Link

I called Young Link.

Not in any threads or whatsoever, but I imagined the possibility, and I was surprised hardly any one called him.

GalacticPetey said:
Baby Luigi said:
I hope I'm not the only one excited for Young Link
He could be fun but I would much rather have Skull Kid.

Agreed, but I think the part what would've made Skull Kid iconic/stand out (the moon crashing) was already used twice in the game, the first being for the upgraded hookshot to take down Argorok in the Twilight Realm and the second time, the moon is used for Link's Special when using the Great Fairy weapon. Skull Kid's weapon could've easily been the masks though and I had an idea of the ranks (Lvl 1. Skull Mask, Lvl. 2 Mask of Truth, Lvl 3. Majora's Mask).

I am slightly disappointed that Tingle's weapon is the Wallet rather than the Pen and Map. I mean, both are characteristics of him, but I think the map would've been a more amusing weapon.

I think Tingle's inclusion in Hyrule Warriors is glorious.

And it may mean he will be an NPC that you can KO.

so skull kid will still be in the game?

pretty cool

Him being boss sorta makes up for people who wanted him playable...I guess? It would be the best thing to do for him now.

It would be better if he was the third playable character still.

Back