Hyrule Warriors

http://gematsu.com/2014/05/hyrule-warriors-japanese-release-date-set

Hyrule-Warriors-Dated-JP-600x450.jpg

Hyrule Warriors, Nintendo and Tecmo Koei’s upcoming Dynasty Warriors-like Zelda game, will launch for Wii U in Japan on August 14, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals.

• The game will cost 7,000-something yen at retail and 6,000-something yen via the Nintendo eShop. A Premium Box will be released for 10,000-something yen.
  • Development is being handled by Omega Force and Team Ninja.
  • Hisashi Koinuma and Yosuke Hayashi are producing. Eiji Aonuma is supervising.
  • Link, alongside characters like Impa, will face against a new witch enemy named Shea, as well as her subordinates Va** and Wi**.
  • Shea is controlled by a dark evil power and Link goes in search of the missing Princess Zelda.
  • Fields include “Hyrule Plains,” etc.
  • A surprising character will be playable.

Why do people think this game is going to be bad? It's just a fun little distraction. Sure, it's probably going to be shallow in terms of gameplay, but I'm sure it'll still be a lot of fun to play. I just hope that it's long enough in terms of gameplay.

EDIT: Oh, and before people start saying it'll be bad because Team Ninja is helping and they made Other M, one of the best things about Other M was the gameplay. And I doubt Team Ninja is helping with the story.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario.

I hope it's Zelda. I don't know how she'd fight but...eh, just use her Smash Bros moveset or something.

Purple Yoshi said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario.

I hope it's Zelda. I don't know how she'd fight but...eh, just use her Smash Bros moveset or something.
Zelda isn't "surprising", IMO. I would be surprised if she WASN'T playable.

Although it says she's the damsel in distress in this game. It would be a bit strange to have her as a playable character. Unless you unlock her after beating the game.

Zelda can be an unlockable fighter.

I mean, I'd be surprised if she doesn't fight because, after all, it is a Dynasty Warriors-esque game. Which means a huge roster.

I'm also fairly sure Impa will be a playable character. I mean, why else would she be in this game?

What if they mean that the character will be Ganondorf? They did say there was a new enemy, it'd be interesting if he actually teamed up with Link for some reason, or if they had a seperate point of view story kind if like what they do in the Dynasty Warriors games already.

The game is a crossover with Dynasty Warriors, could always be a playable character from there.

Lu Bu pls.

He was always the absolute scariest guy to see in-game. Even better when you got to play as him. He's got silly feather tails on his head too.

Magolor said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario.

Ocarina-of-time-talon.png
Woo, but I'd like that Oracle of Seasons one.

Crackin355 said:
Lu Bu pls.

He was always the absolute scariest guy to see in-game. Even better when you got to play as him. He's got silly feather tails on his head too.
I keep calling them bug antennae.

Crackin355 said:
Lu Bu pls.

well he got his ass handed to him in warriors orochi 3.

supermariofan said:
I wonder how it fits the Zelda timeline?

probably wont even count, considering how dynasty warriors timelines go, as they just kind of have a timeline outside of their respected series.

Zae Eildus said:
supermariofan said:

probably wont even count, considering how dynasty warriors timelines go, as they just kind of have a timeline outside of their respected series.
I'm pretty sure they already said it was non-canon.

Also apparently Impa is playable :D

New Super Mario said:
Zae Eildus said:
supermariofan said:

I'm pretty sure they already said it was non-canon.

Also apparently Impa is playable :D

prepare for more, if dynasty warriors is known for anything its rather huge roster.

good example of this is warriors orochi 3 had like over 100 characters so yeah.

Hyrule Warriors' story

Shia, the game’s main antagonist, was in charge of protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she developed feelings for Link and becomes jealous of his relationship with Princess Zelda.
Shia ends up becoming overcome by wickedness. With her two minions Valga and Wizro, she throws Hyrule in a state of chaos.
Link is a soldier-in-training in Hyrule Warriors. Famitsu confirms that the chain mail is his soldier-in-training gear.
Source: Famitsu

So...is this game canon?

Back