Hyrule Warriors

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Well, those references are cool, but Shia can go to hell and burn to death slowly.
oh noes

please don't interpret my characters any way other than how i've interpreted them

Well, those references are cool, but Shia can go to hell and burn to death slowly.

Have you played a Warriors game? I heard this stuff is pretty common in the Warriors games. So it's not surprising to see it here.

Link,The Hero; Link is an exceptionally strong soldier in the Royal Army of Hyrule. The power of the Triforce of Courage hides within. He is a kind individual who can speak with fairies and he has within him a strong sense of justify that makes hi firmly stands his ground against evil, even if they are stronger than he.

He is a kind individual who can speak with fairies and

who can speak with fairies

can speak with

[size=30pt]speak

Oh god...

Hopefully by "speaking" they mean "making grunts and noises"

Baby Luigi said:

Have you played a Warriors game? I heard this stuff is pretty common in the Warriors games. So it's not surprising to see it here.

actually its not, it wasnt until more recent games they did stuff like that actually, i think the big changes was in like warriors orochi and maybe dw6.

Uzu Sanageyama said:
Glaceon said:
Personally, I think he looks stabulous. :dk:
quite the sharp fellow
I don't think you two get the point.

EDIT: By the way check this out http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/
The Treasure Box Edition is #1, the game by itself is #7 and the Premium Edition is #13 (as of posting this).

tumblr_n6079yhs901rd87bdo1_500.jpg

1. this image looks awesome
2. Finally, some details about Link that make sense! Observe closely, and you can see that he's actually wearing chain mail under the green tunic. I'm not sure if this was ever established in the Zelda universe, but you'd definitely need some chain mail to tank a lot of the attacks thrown Link's way.

He had the chainmail in Skyward Sword and in Twilight Princess, I think.

oh, he did?

now that you mention it, i do seem to recall seeing chain mail in twilight princess, but i thought that was only the zora armor or something

well, anyways, he has a CAPE now. that'll improve his armor rating

Hey hey don't diss my would-be waifu.

For those curious as to why Team Ninja got involved:
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=228888

Aonuma says Hyrule Warriors is part of his plan to have Zelda titles break traditions

Coming from a Famitsu interview with Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma and Tecmo Koei producers Hisashi Koinuma and Yosuke Hayashi...

- both the game and the development team constitute a collaboration of sorts
- the main programmer on Hyrule Warriors is a staff member from Team Ninja
- the main planner served the same role in Omega Force’s development of One Piece: Pirate Warriors
- the director has a background in the Dynasty Warriors series
- this is the first time that Team Ninja and Omega Force have worked together
- this is something they’ve wanted to do for a while, but never had the chance to

“When it comes to getting a good feeling out of beating down enemies, Omega Force, who develop the Dynasty Warriors games, would surely have an edge in that department. However, as far as one-to-one combat goes, I felt that that Team Ninja, who worked on the Dead or Alive series, could also come up with something good. So, we just decided ‘let’s just mix them together!’” - Koinuma
“When we first began working on the plans [for the game], there were many things that we couldn’t decide on from within our company alone, so we often went to Nintendo and also consulted with Aonuma for the more detailed parts. As this process went on, we were able to see a fine line between what we could and couldn’t do with Hyrule Warriors. It got to the point where we and Aonuma reached a common understanding of what we could do with Hyrule Warriors, and from there, development really really sped up.” - Hayashi
“The Legend of Zelda has a history of 27 years, and the way it is played has already been well-established. So at first, we went in the direction of wanting to make something that could follow the way The Legend of Zelda is played. However, that is something you could experience by playing any game of The Legend of Zelda series, and even if we could imitate the surface of it, it’s not something we could actually make. In the end, we realized that it would be best to make a Warriors title that has elements from The Legend of Zelda series.

There wouldn’t be a reason for making it a Warriors [game] otherwise, right? I wanted Tecmo Koei to make a Zelda game that I can’t make. And for this reason, I asked them to ‘give it more of a Warriors approach’.” - Aonuma
Link

Also, more story info:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228893-hyrule-warriors-more-story-information

Hyrule Warriors - more story information

This comes from the 'Intro' section on the official Japanese website...

Introduction

A Great Warrior In The Zelda Universe!

Experience a new 'battle action game', born from a collaboration between Nintendo's puzzle-solving adventure game series 'The Legend of Zelda' and Tecmo Koei's 'Musou' series.

Starting with Link, players will be able to experience the game as numerous Zelda series characters set on familiar series locations.

Link Makes Light Work Of Problems!

Enjoy action not seen in most Zelda series' games as Link takes down large groups of enemies in Musou series' tradition as a 'Great Warrior'.

Of course, the game play retain's the Musou series' trademark simplicity and intuitiveness of its controls so anyone can enjoy taking down enemies as Link.

Play As Many Characters

Various characters from the Zelda series will be playable! Find your favourite and use them to fight the hordes!

Many characters and weapons from the Zelda franchise will appear as playable. You have control over the attacks, which have been beautiful and refreshingly presented using Wii U's graphics.

Combing The Best Parts of Zelda & Musou

We have used Zelda series systems like hearts for health and magic gauge, coupled with the playstyle of using items to take down bosses, and arranged them in a 'musou' context along with the music and sound effects that are tradition in the series.
It's a new world born from a combination of the the Zelda and the Musou molds.

Story

The Triforce, composed of sacred symbols of Courage, Wisdom, and Power, will grant the wish of all who touch it. Many battles between good and evil have been fought for it through the ages.

When Hyrule was in danger of falling into the hands of evil, a hero wearing a green tunic appeared to strike down the ambitions of the evil powers. To ensure the evil would never return, he broke the evil's spirit into four pieces, sending three pieces off into the depths of space-time, and sealed the fourth piece at the entrance to the Temple with the Master Sword.

For generations since then, at the edge of Hyrule, a sorceress has watched the equilibrium between the Triforces three aspects; Courage, Wisdom, Power, using a crystal, looking for any sign of a disturbance, but...

Link

As well as a few more interesting details:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228989-hyrule-warriors-devs-talk-characters-gameplay-elements-weapons-and-special-messages

Hyrule Warriors devs talk characters, gameplay elements, weapons and special messages

The following info comes from general producer Hisashi Koinuma, producer Yosuke Hayashi and Eiji Aonuma...

“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” - Aonuma

- Aonuma had no special requests for specific characters to appear in the game
- Aonuma believes his team would be mad if he asked them to match the amount of characters Hyrule Warriors in his next Zelda game
- characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style
- weapon enhancement and character growth systems implemented
- the fire rod you see in the trailer isn't from the Zelda series
- weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests.
- the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all playable characters
- boss fights will have a Warriors touch
- there will be instances where you’ll face a bunch of smaller enemies to charge up your meter, then unleash a special attack on the boss
- strategically use items that can be found around stages to take on the boss

Koinuma: “We plan on having Hyrule Warriors’ first playable demo at E3 this year. With E3 being the opener, we’ll be releasing more and more new information afterwards, so please look forward to it!”

Hayashi: “After watching the trailer that will be shown at E3, it would make us happy to know that you guys will get a better idea of what we’re trying to do. We’ll sequentially reveal the other playable characters, so don’t miss it!”

This game is sure gonna be interesting.

I mean Team Ninja.

Act as if Other M never existed although I liked it tbh

Crackin355 said:
FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
Crackin355 said:
FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:

if you liked it then why act like it doesn't exist?

people tend to hate it that's why.
but you don't.

Look I said

the game is good because of Team Ninja

which might not be an universally accepted opinion anymore

so i said [other people] disregard other m

although i still like it

FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
Crackin355 said:
FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
Crackin355 said:
FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:

if you liked it then why act like it doesn't exist?

people tend to hate it that's why.
but you don't.

Look I said

the game is good because of Team Ninja

which might not be an universally accepted opinion anymore

so i said [other people] disregard other m

although i still like it
Other people disregard it because they don't like it/have only heard bad things.

You have played it and liked it. I don't really see the point of following the trends when everyone is anonymous (for the most part) anyway.

Back