Hardest Level in a Mario Platformer?

Which of these would you say is the most difficult or made you rage the most?

• Champion Road (Super Mario 3D World)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Run for It!! (New Super Mario Bros. U)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Special 8-Crown (Super Mario 3D Land)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Perfect Run (Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Luigi's Purple Coins... as Luigi (Super Mario Galaxy)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The Giant Pinball Machine of DEATH (Super Mario Sunshine)

• Wing Mario Over the Rainbow (Super Mario 64/DS)

• Tubular (Super Mario World)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

SKmaric

King Bowser
^There's a reason I didn't include anything from Lost Levels in the poll, it would win by default.

I know this thread has been done to death countless times over, but now with Super Mario 3D World out I figured I may as well, update it?

Personally The Perfect Run still beats Special 8-Crown and Champion Road, I mean at least you could take damage in those, if you couldn't then Champion Road all the way, unless Rosalina is involved.

And I imagine a lot of you are going to demand I add something to the poll whatever okay I'll add whatever you want to the poll

Those are all some pretty tough levels.

I've only played two of those: Winged Mario Over the Rainbow, which took me awhile to do, and Tubular, which oddly enough is like the hardest level in the game. So much harder than even the last level in the Special World. So I chose Tubular.

I have no idea. All of them are easy to beat when you know what to do. Even The Perfect Half-assed Run.

any auto-scrolling level.

For some reason they kick my ass to hell and back.

Finding star coins in them is a serious nerve wrecker for me too.

also did anyone find world 8 in smb3 very hard?

I swear i got my ass kicked all throughout that world.

Candice said:
Do you also know what level sucked? World 9 level 8 on NSMBW. That ice...ugh, that is terrible.

I hated it too but I remember beating this with all three star coins on one playthrough in my last time I've been there

Zae said:
any auto-scrolling level.

For some reason they kick my ass to hell and back.

Finding star coins in them is a serious nerve wrecker for me too.
Trying to get Red Coins ant the other collectibles in the Yoshi's Island games are hard when it's autoscrolling

Duskull said:
Trying to get Red Coins ant the other collectibles in the Yoshi's Island games are hard when it's autoscrolling

Trying to collect stuff at all is always a pain in the ass in Yoshi's Island games

Every level after World 1.

The hardest? Hard to choose I think probably the Bowser Castle in SM3DW. The castle itself was easy, the boss was impossible for me without the invincibility leaf.

Baby Luigi said:
Duskull said:

Trying to collect stuff at all is always a pain in the ass in Yoshi's Island games

I still remember that one final Extra level in the original. That thing was arduous.

Baby Luigi said:
Duskull said:

Only if you're not looking well enough. The majority of it is fairly easy to find, in my opinion

I chose The Perfect Run. The worst part is the octopus and the Hammer Bro areas. They are different areas, but both annoying. I haven't beat the level yet, with the difficulty of the level.

The Impossible Pack in New Super Mario Bros. 2. I beat World 9-8 in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Special 8-Crown in Super Mario 3D Land, even The Perfect Run in Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I can't beat the Impossible Pack :C

This technically isn't a level but I found collecting all the green stars without cheating to be the hardest and most annoying cause I have no idea where most are and had to redo a lot of levels. The single hardest level though would be Mario over the rainbow from SMG64 I could never get the hang of using that power-up!

Kazooie said:
The Perfect run is not hard once you mastered the controls.

Every level becomes easy once you mastered the controls

if anything the perfect run just looks damn boring

same thing with that 8-crown level in sm3dl.

I mean were the developers just bored out of their minds or something?

Princess Zae said:
if anything the perfect run just looks dang boring

same thing with that 8-crown level in sm3dl.

I mean were the developers just bored out of their minds or something?

It looks like that.

The levels are just incredibly ugly and lame

Back