Marioboards Secret Santa! (Signups closed)

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
'Shroom Consultant
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
It's finally that time of the year, and to celebrate it, we're doing our first ever Secret Santa! This is an event where you can sign up to give and receive presents from other forum members.

Please carefully read the rules before signing up, as failure to follow them may get you banned from participating in potential future Secret Santas!

• Signups start from the moment this thread is opened and close on December 15th, 2013, 9:00 PM EST. Once signed up, please remember that while you will get a gift, you are also expected to give one! Neglecting to do this without giving a good reason is highly frowned upon and will likely get you barred from entering any future Secret Santas. Please make sure you will have enough time to make/get a gift before signing up.
  • After signups have closed, you will be PMed the name of a person who has also signed up. They will be the one to receive your gift. You can post your interests in the thread to help other people think of a gift for you. Good ideas for gifts include self-made artwork, self-made music, a short self-made game, a Steam game, and similar things.
    Note: if you plan to spend money on the event, in order to make sure everyone gets fair gifts, a recommended price range is $5-$10. Sending Steam games only to people you know have Steam accounts may be a good idea, as it ensures people can use the gift they receive.
  • The deadline for sending in your gift is December 23rd, 2013, 9:00 PM EST. Please send your gift to me, either by PMing a link to me or friending me on Steam and trading it to me. I will distribute the gifts sometime around the 25th-27th.

Signups (closed):
  • Uniju
  • NEXandGBX (Sno-Winger)
  • Xpike
  • Smg2daisy
  • Crocodile Dippy (Jasmine)
  • fantanoice (santanoice)
  • MrConcreteDonkey (Dr. Lucien Sanchez)
  • Lily (Phantom L)
  • Baby Luigi
  • NSY
  • LeftyGreenMario (Mario's Drunken Holiday Special)
  • Iggy Koopa Jr
  • Pyro (Vanillite)
  • Mariobro101
  • Neptune (War Doctor)
  • FireEevee (Sylveon)
  • Cirdec
  • Edo (Gabumon)
  • Turboo

Re: Marioboards Secret Santa!

gawd save the queen

me like games, music, hats, alcohol, game merch, hats, tea, and fashion (especially hats)

I'm in

Also, with regards to the Steam games, if I remember correctly, sending you a gift to you doesn't give you a gift copy that you can send on. I think you need to send it to the person directly.

santanoice said:
Also, with regards to the Steam games, if I remember correctly, sending you a gift to you doesn't give you a gift copy that you can send on. I think you need to send it to the person directly.

Yeah, that's why I'm going to have them traded. I think it's possible to keep passing things around provided they aren't actually gifted and just traded between people.

In the stats of palindromes

Like games and 80's music

alright then

i don't mind what i get tbh, though i guess i'd only be able to provide a steam game because i'm bad at doing those other things

ok

And for what I want, tf2 hats, steam games, and stuff to do with stuff I like (eg. Ace Attorney, LoZ, Free!, SNK, Layton, DR and the other shit you know I like)

I'm interested.

Everyone knows what I like....I have no money and there's no way I'm spending it though, so I'll draw something or use Gmod.

lets do this

I'll try.

I'd like anything that has Mario the character related, just as long the said character isn't being horribly deformed or dead or something like that.

Hi.

Give me anything, please. I may be limited to giving drawings, sorry. But I'll try my best with pencils and Paint.NET.

i'll try it

interests: steam games (nothing too cpu-intensive), portal, ace attorney, shingeki no kyojin, frozen, pacific rim, danganronpa, professor layton, i'll update if anything else comes to mind

request: can it be required to give some kind of description of your interests? because otherwise it's pretty hard to give a gift, especially if you're trying to make something of your own

idk, i'd prefer it if people mentioned their interests (even "i don't care" is better than nothing), but if they don't i guess that means you can just make whatever and give it to them? as in the theme of their gift is decided by you yourself

put me down as a maybe
I don't know if I'll have time or not to make/look for a gift, so is it OK if I confirm whether or not I decide to do this closer to the deadline

Don't give me steam games but anything else is fine.

Wait... if I have no money or steam games (that everyone else already has anyways), what do I give?

Sno-Winger said:
Wait... if I have no money or steam games (that everyone else already has anyways), what do I give?
[quote author=Rules]
Good ideas for gifts include self-made artwork, self-made music, a short self-made game[...]and similar things.
[/quote]

I'll sign up, but question: would strange TF2 items and Steam gift passes be acceptable gifts? I already have some gift passes I could give away, and there's a strange TF2 item I have a duplicate of, so I would be fine with giving either of those.

As for something in return, a Steam game, TF2 item/hat, or music would be nice.

Driftmas said:
Sno-Winger said:
[quote author=Rules]
Good ideas for gifts include self-made artwork, self-made music, a short self-made game[...]and similar things.
[/quote]
wow, that was smart of me[/sarcasm]

That is a valid question: what if I'm stuck with somebody that wishes for games and that I've no money? I hate to disappoint ANYONE for Christmas. I think I'm at least a decent drawer, but I don't have any credit cards that can enable me to buy stuff for people.

Driftmas said:
put me down as a maybe
I don't know if I'll have time or not to make/look for a gift, so is it OK if I confirm whether or not I decide to do this closer to the deadline

alright, i'm going to remove you from the signup sheet if you can't confirm by the 15th though

@mcs: i guess tf2 items and gift passes would be alright but they'd only really work if they have tf2/steam in the first place

@lgm: I think that if you end up with someone who only wants games and you don't have money, I might reroll the list?? Like, I'd like to have this as random as possible but I also don't want people to feel pressured because they can't get a gift the other person would like

Back