What do you like better

• Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Super Mario 3D World

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

SuperNick3DLand

nickicksbutt7 on the main SuperMarioWiki
I put this up to see everyone's honest opinion. By all these 100% ("10/10") reviews being published, people are going to think it might be better than Galaxy.I believe that this game is one step below Galaxy. Super Mario 3D World is going to be a great game (getting it tomorrow), but it looks like it will be hampered down by the 8 way movement and sometimes poor camera perspectives (Basically what Andre and Josh say), these are not negatives you can completely throw out IMO, and I am not blown away by the graphics, their what you would expect. Super Mario Galaxy on the other hand blew me away due to being the prettiest looking Wii game (At the time), nailing controls, and music, and that looked Amazing for its time, Super Mario Galaxy is rated number 1 out of over 10000 games on Game Rankings. An early rate I would give Super Mario 3D World would be 92%. Keep this thread because people will have started playing this (I have done this before where I have made a poll about a older game vs a game that is just coming out)

Moulder the Boulder said:
why rate a game when you haven't even played it
I have looked over/watched almost every review and know almost everything that is in the game, this is a preliminary rating.

that's like saying you know how much you like a movie because you read a plot description on wikipedia

SuperNick3DLand said:
why rate a game when you haven't even played it
I have looked over/watched almost every review and know almost everything that is in the game, this is a preliminary rating.

"Almost everything", meaning that you only know about what they reviewers have shown, which is probably about 5-6 levels out of the "80+" levels there in the game, not knowing how the gameplay feels towards the gamer, not really knowing what many of the worlds or levels will look like, not knowing where the side stuff are or heard all the music...

So I honestly don't think you know everything in this game, at least yet. You should at least wait until the game is out to have a final say about the game. It's way too early to compare two games accurately (in your opinion at least) until you have beaten both of them.

Well, we just will have to wait and see until SM3DW comes out tomorrow. :P

Though the game looks very promising lol

I'll make a judgement after I play 3D World but honestly I'm probably just going to end up voting Super Mario 64.

Even if it isn't an option.

Because it should be an option.

Just sayin'.

I'll probably prefer 3D World, but seeing as I'm not getting it until Christmas I will have to wait and see

So we're starting the silly comparisons already?

I'll add to this when I play the game. I can't judge it well enough from just watching.

Super Mario Galaxy doesn't have the big band jazz music and metal music against Bowser and bosses, so Super Mario 3D World wins by default

Mario Party X said:
Super Mario Galaxy doesn't have the big band jazz music and metal music against Bowser and bosses, so Super Mario 3D World wins by default

That's what I was about to say! >;[

You're so sorry posting under my name.

Super Mario 3D World has an edge, but both are overrated.

Peachy said:
Well, we just will have to wait and see until SM3DW comes out tomorrow. :P

Though the game looks very promising lol
WHOA WHOA WHAT? TOMORROW? omg i am NOT ready yet i need a wii u first lol

3D World sports the best graphics in Mario history.

Chuck Ballymoo said:

Nope.

Wait until 2030 and see if that statement holds up, pal.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
Lets be honest, no Mario game will ever look as gorgeous as Yoshi's Island.

Like, that game could be remade in HD today and would look exactly the same because it is already freaking perfect.

Why is it that people are all like "graphics dont matter" when somebody uses that as an argument for CoD or other games, but when it's a mario/nintendo game you praise the graphics a lot???
I like nintendo too, i'm just wondering.

Why is it that people are all like "graphics dont matter" when somebody uses that as an argument for CoD or other games, but when it's a mario/nintendo game you praise the graphics a lot???

because nintendo fanboys are butthurt that cod gets praise for good graphics due to them being realistic

where nintendo games do not

ゴジラ said:
Because this forum is full of fanboys who only play Mario and think CoD is the devil.

Golly, who would've thought a Mario forum would have plenty of mario fans.

Crackin355 said:
ゴジラ said:
Because this forum is full of fanboys who only play Mario and think CoD is the devil.

boy who would have thought of that reaction!

Because pretty aesthetics are a positive and do matter to an extent, but it is not the only redeeming factor. The fact that the Mario series is, at the core, a really solid game irrespective of the aesthetics makes it a step above a game who's most redeeming factor is the appearance.

Crackin355 said:
ゴジラ said:

I lol'd.

Zae said:

because nintendo fanboys are butthurt that cod gets praise for good graphics due to them being realistic

where nintendo games do not

I think it's because COD barely change from game to game, and praising each game for the same "realistic" graphics when they barely changed anything in terms of the graphics.

As for Mario games, each game has drastic art styles (besides the NSMB games and such), and some games have different art styles, and really is different from one another, which could be a reason why people can argue about the Mario graphics being good or not.

I don't care so much about the graphics. I think all I love in video games is the plot, gameplay, and soundtrack. Graphics is just extra.

Back