CATCHING FIRE THIS WEEK

Planning to go see this after Thanksgiving dinner, really excited.

Hawlucha said:
Dean Winchester said:
Planning to go see this after Thanksgiving dinner, really excited.
won't you just fall asleep?

Joke's on you, I DIDN'T EAT ANY TURKEY. HA HA!

But sadly didn't go see this because mom wasn't feeling good. Oh well. Not like it's gonna disappear from theatre's anytime soon.

My English teacher's planning on taking some of us to watch it soon, so I'm waiting until then to see if I get to then.

Candice said:
Because usually people feel sleepy after Thanksgiving, because there's a natural chemical in turkey that makes people drowsy. It's called....tryptophan.

You're wrong. Thanksgiving sleepiness is caused by too much food, not the tryptophan found in turkey. Because other meats have equal or more amounts of tryptophan than turkey.

I don't blame you, but please, get the facts right. I never believed in this myth myself because a large number of food ALWAYS makes me feel sleepy, and this occurs on a daily basis, kinda.

Snopes said:
Milk, cheese, beef, chicken, pork, and beans are among the foodstuffs that house this amino acid, and experts say the average serving of chicken or ground beef contains about as much tryptophan as does a serving of turkey. If tryptophan were truly the sandman's henchman, we'd all be falling asleep at the wheel on our way home from KFC or McDonald's.

Chicken and ground beef contain almost the same amount of tryptophan as turkey — about 350 milligrams per 4-ounce serving. While you might have heard someone claim that turkey made them drowsy, you have probably never heard someone say that chicken, ground beef, or any other meat made them sleepy. Swiss cheese and pork actually contain more tryptophan per gram than turkey, and yet the American classic, a ham and cheese sandwich, somehow escapes blame.

:]

Baby Luigi said:
If there's shaky camera crap again, then ugh

I actually started to get a headache after all the god damn shaking during the first few minutes of killing and such. I know they're trying to make it seem menacing but there are better ways... or at least I hope there are.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
If there's shaky camera crap again, then ugh

I actually started to get a headache after all the god dang shaking during the first few minutes of killing and such. I know they're trying to make it seem menacing but there are better ways... or at least I hope there are.

For me, when I saw a video clip of this again, I was already starting to feel nauseated. I think I felt that in the theater as well

So, is there any shaking camera again? I don't want my movie to be an amusement park ride.

the shaking in the first one never really bothered me since the camera only "shaking" for a minute or two out of the whole movie, and honestly i liked the effect it made

how is this movie compared to the first?

The first movie seemed alright, wasnt really overly excited or anything, but it seemed fine.

I'm hoping this one is more interesting.

Okay, I watched it Wednesday.

Did anyone else towards the beginning just stare at the worm that was on the lens of the camera for like a good minute before it disappeared? That really bugged me a bit.

But other than that, I loved the movie. It definitely was very good, and once again, I felt like it stayed very true to the book and didn't really leave much out.

^Worm? Didn't notice it. Also, I realized, well my sister told me a detail I forgot, since it has been 3 or 4 or more years since I read Catching Fire, that had been left out, and it was sort of important, but it let you draw conclusions easier.

Tauriel said:
the shaking in the first one never really bothered me since the camera only "shaking" for a minute or two out of the whole movie, and honestly i liked the effect it made
I only notice weird shaking in cameras when I don't expect weird shaking. Like in the show The Office. I notice it.

From what I can tell, this is what was in the book that was not in the movie:

Bonnie and Twil - Katniss never meets the two in the forest. Without the details of District 13, that movie makes it seem like she doesn't even know about it until the end where everyone is talking about "we're on our way to District 13"
Plutarch never shows her the watch - important detail actually, because it shows he is on the rebellion's side with the mockingjay, and gives hint to the "clock" arena.
Lots of stuff in the beginning of the book - obviously it's an action movie, so lots of this was taken out. To name some of it, the part where Peeta and Katniss go over her father's medicine book, the part where Katniss gets really drunk (she drank some in the movie, but that was nothing compared to the book), and the part where they watch Haymitch's Hunger Games videos.

Also, I really loved Effie in this movie <3

New Super Mario said:
From what I can tell, this is what was in the book that was not in the movie:

Bonnie and Twil - Katniss never meets the two in the forest. Without the details of District 13, that movie makes it seem like she doesn't even know about it until the end where everyone is talking about "we're on our way to District 13"
Plutarch never shows her the watch - important detail actually, because it shows he is on the rebellion's side with the mockingjay, and gives hint to the "clock" arena.
Lots of stuff in the beginning of the book - obviously it's an action movie, so lots of this was taken out. To name some of it, the part where Peeta and Katniss go over her father's medicine book, the part where Katniss gets really drunk (she drank some in the movie, but that was nothing compared to the book), and the part where they watch Haymitch's Hunger Games videos.

Also, I really loved Effie in this movie <3
Yups. And I forgot Bonnie and Twil too.

Back