CATCHING FIRE THIS WEEK

I hope I'm not the only Hunger Games fan going to it. :D

Not right away though, I have pep band that day, but I will for sure see it sometime after that.

i can't see it till it comes out on dvd :[

rip my sanity

I want to see it, but I go to the movies so infrequently, I usually only go to one twice a year at most. So, I'm afraid it'll come to either I see Catching Fire or The Hobbit Part 2, which I would chose the latter over.

I've really gotten sick of the Hunger Games. As someone who read the books first years ago, and found the ending of the last one crap, it feels too late for me to actually get obsessed over this. They're good books, and I'm sure Catching Fire is good, too, but I'm just not that into it anymore like, say, Harry Potter. Not to mention I found this book INCREDIBLY boring until they get into the arena. Or at least all the preparation for the games. That stuff is still fun. What I DON'T care about is Katniss' love triangle and whether she really loves Peeta or not.

I might end up seeing it with my gf the day its out.

If not I might end up seeing it with some close friends a few days later.

If not I might end up waiting till it comes out on dvd and my gf wants to watch it.

Also lol i was late to the hunger games party i didn't read the books till the first movie came out. All my friends were talking about so ii was just like "what the hell i'll just go ahead and read them"

This was actually my favorite book of the 3 so I'm really looking forward to see how they did with it. I've seen Brazilians saying it's a lot better than the first, so hopefully that's true.

If there's shaky camera crap again, then ugh

Baby Luigi said:
If there's shaky camera crap again, then ugh

Too bad that's the only thing you remember from that movie.

I'm only reading the series because we did it in English.

I'm not that interested in the movies, though. The first one was mediocre IMO, so I don't have very high hopes for the second.

I'm seeing it today with my friends. I just hope they make the boring parts in the book...less boring.

Candice said:
You mean that part of the book where they are not killing each other? Not that boring in my opinion, but yes, I think you'll be satisfied.
Even though that part takes up the first hour or so.

Hey, I didn't mind that part in the first book. It just got boring in the second book when they kept putting the whole love triangle into it. I did not care for the love triangle one bit.

Purple Yoshi said:
Hey, I didn't mind that part in the first book. It just got boring in the second book when they kept putting the whole love triangle into it. I did not care for the love triangle one bit.
that love triangle is one of the stupidest ever created

because the plot gives katniss zero chance to actually decide, meaning that it doesn't even matter what any of the three do

I rented the first Hunger Games on Redbox and while it was pretty good, it wasn't spectacular or anything. I guess it's because I haven't read the books so I didn't understand it as much (mainly because I don't read books that much anymore).

Of course, this sequel looks pretty good, but I'd rather wait until it comes to DVD to check it out since I'm not a huge fan of the series. I listened to some songs from the soundtrack though (namely "Atlas" by Coldplay and Lorde's ominous cover of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World") and they're really good; seems like they picked a good chunk of songs for the soundtrack, so I'm glad about that.

Back