Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
EDIT: I've changed the title of the thread so any Mario manga can be discussed about

I have downloaded quite a few pages of this and I've searched this on the wiki (we don't have anything on this content). The problem is that it's in Japanese and I can't read any of it. I would like to share a link but I'm not sure if it's legal or not so if anyone wants to help out, I can send a .zip file in PM containing JPGs of the files via MediaFire

Re: Super Mario 4koma Manga Theater

Artwork? Yes please!

I sent Mario4Ever my mediafire link. Maybe he'll share it to you? Again, I have quite a few pages of this but I'm scared with legal stuff because it is indeed quite a few and they all came in this one big .zip file.

It's getting late for me here (1 am here), so I probably won't stay up much longer.

These pics are one more thing before I go off

Some of these aren't even their original dimensions. They are provided in that .zip folder I uploaded

I've seen a few Mario-themed 4-panel strips here and there - so this is what they came from, I guess. Verrrryinteresting: the wiki should definitely cover it, and the only reason it doesn't yet is because of data deficiency. It's like how we've got barely anything on Super Mario-kun, but worse. Even if we can't dive straight into translating everything, we should at least make an article about the series as a whole.

Walkazo said:
I've seen a few Mario-themed 4-panel strips here and there - so this is what they came from, I guess. Verrrryinteresting: the wiki should definitely cover it, and the only reason it doesn't yet is because of data deficiency. It's like how we've got barely anything on Super Mario-kun, but worse. Even if we can't dive straight into translating everything, we should at least make an article about the series as a whole.

I've also found this as well:

yi-comic-01.jpg

A Yoshi's Island version of the 4koma manga series. It's mentioned on the disambig page of Yoshi's Island in the Super Mario Wiki but there's no article of it. Here are several pages I found while randomly searching on Google:

yi-comic-02.jpg

yi-comic-03.jpg

yi-comic-04.jpg

yi-comic-05.jpg

The page is here: http://yoshi.2yr.net/comics.php

It also has some Yoshi Story Super Mario-Kun too.

Speaking of the Super Mario-Kun, you can actually buy copies of it off amazon.co.jp. The problem is of course translating it. I've found a translated Super Mario Galaxy chapter one and I added info to the wiki. These adaption are quite different than the games they are adapted from ie in the Super Mario Galaxy one, Mario glues himself to the ship and he fights an illusion of a giant Goomba created by Rosalina.

...man this is the result when you want to search "Super Mario-Kun" on Google Images....

At some point, I'm hoping to get all the Super Mario-kun books, but while the issues themselves don't seem too expensive, I shudder to think what the shipping is going to turn out like... Then of course the translation would take forever since I'm so painfully slow at it ^^;

I really wish I can read Japanese (learning another language is an issue I have) and even afford the comics because I'm scared of the shipping prices too....luckily, the Super Mario-Kun is aimed at kids so the language shouldn't be too complex to translate. Still, it will take a while since there's quite a few text to translate and turn into English variants without losing some spirit or humor.

I mainly want it for the art though. Like the art style ^^;

Yeah, I envy folks for whom language learning comes easy. I'm hoping the age demographic will result in translation being less painful; the presence of furigana certainly helps. I mainly want it for what you mentioned earlier - the vastly different takes on the game plots.

Mario_Luigi_SM4MT.png
800px-Chain_Chomp_SM4MT.png
Mario_Luigi_Fight_SM4MT.png
P-balloon_SM4MT.png

Super Mario 4koma Manga Theater seems to be a collaboration of different artists, and most pages contain a 4-panel "episode". You can tell the different art styles by the stuff I uploaded. That being said, my sister and I will not upload EVERY single page and panel, obviously. This stuff is interesting, however, although we don't understand a single word. I guess obscure Mario comics, shows, etc. just make me excited.

Mario Party X said:
most pages contain a 4-panel "episode".
Well, it is Yonkoma after all.

(btw, in that last pic, Mario and Luigi are saying "Princess Peach [here's] presents [for you]." and she's saying "Ah, Power Balloons?"; the black and white one is just them screaming while the Chain Chomp barks; the third one's just beat-'em-up sound effects)

LTIan said:
Where is the zip folder anyways?

I'm not allowed to publicly provide it, hence why I said I send it via PMs

Walkazo said:
Mario Party X said:
most pages contain a 4-panel "episode".
Well, it is Yonkoma after all.

(btw, in that last pic, Mario and Luigi are saying "Princess Peach [here's] presents [for you]." and she's saying "Ah, Power Balloons?"; the black and white one is just them screaming while the Chain Chomp barks; the third one's just beat-'em-up sound effects)

Oh, so it is. I'm not manga-savy, so I have to a bit of new rewording on the new article I created, so thanks! Also, thanks a bunch for providing a few translations! I hope it's nothing too difficult. By the way, what kind of onomatopoeia is it? Is it AAAAA or WAAAAA or something?

The book apparently comes in a series, correct? In the cover Baby Luigi posted, there is a giant number 5, which I assume is the fifth in the series (of course it isn't the πth number, heh). Well, if it's true, I guess that's some work for us to do.

Those ones were all easy; I can only do a couple of the chapter titles (or whatever those things in the first set of images are) at a glance, however, and I wasn't sure how important they are anyway, hence I didn't translate them). The scream is "HYAAAAA" (and the barking's "wan wan"). Also, looking at the third image again, turns out there is dialogue: they're shouting out their attacks; on the right, it's "Cape Attack!", on the left it's "Trampling Kick!"

I will probably have some other stuff uploaded soon, or as soon as I can steal the computer my sister is using.

Yeah we're focusing on the Super Mario-Kun and while what we can deduce from the pictures isn't a whole story, it still sheds a whole bunch of light from these comics.

Awesome Wario Land 4 pages! Are there any which show Princess Shokora?

Sort of

File:HideousPrincess SuperMarioKun.jpg
File:BlackCat SuperMarioKun.jpg

I saw the Black Cat one but I overlooked the Hideous Princess one on recent uploads. Cool stuff.

I was wondering if we may get a translation for it? I can kinda get the gist of what they may be saying, but exact quotes would be a good addition for the pages.

Princess: "Why hello there <3 heehee" (literally, a formal greeting like "best regards", plus "ne"; the laugh is "ufu")
Wario: "Ugh! You're not my type!!"
Scientist: "[Here's] the picture but... the wonderful girl... isn't good..." (or something like that; it's tricky because "erai" can be "terrible" or "great" depending on the context, and I'm not completely sure the "cha" is a shortening of "chan" or if "i ja na" is actually "not good"; another, looser way to interpret the comment would be "She doesn't look like her picture...")

And for the cat panel, the cat meows "nya" and Wario says "Ah, that cat again!"

Should I rename this thread to accommodate the Super Mario-Kun as well? Because we had found a download of a whole bunch of Super Mario-Kun scans (sadly doesn't have the one I want) and we'll be happy to share it to the wiki.

Daskarzine said:
Awesome Wario Land 4 pages! Are there any which show Princess Shokora?

Thanks. I'll get more stuff while I'm at it. The Wario Land segment takes around half the volume, so it is a large section. Princess Shokora, however, appears as just part of the newspaper as far as I've seen. The Item Shopkeeper is there, so the shopkeeper will have a picture soon.

Uploaded probably the relevant parts of the entire arc. Yeah, it's hard to condense the entire story of Wario Land 4 into half a volume, but they did it somehow.

DragonFreak said:
There's like no suspense in that at all.

I don't get your comment.

To me, there's really no plot at all, just by looking at the pictures. If they really wanted to, they could go through all the levels and make it real long, but no, they don't.

Back