What are the "gamers" like in your school?

Just a question I want to ask, because it seems like about 3/4 of the people that do like Nintendo at my school are just kinda weird. I only have like one friend (maybe two) who I can actually play Nintendo with.

Other than that, my school consists of the call of duty fanboys, minecraft fanboys, etc. And a lot of them think they have a future as an MLG person (what, lol?) or a pro youtuber.

I just want to know if any of you people actually have some gamers in your school that aren't anything like the above ones.

New Super Mario said:
Just a question I want to ask, because it seems like about 3/4 of the people that do like Nintendo at my school are just kinda weird.
This, although they're my friends, and I'm part of those weirdoes.

at my school? it's a bit of a mixed bag

everyone has a nintendo thing; whether it's a wii, ds, or a 3DS (believe it or not, a lot of people know what wii u is, but they're still sticking to PS4's and xbone's)

some have 360's & PS3's to compliment said system, and a decent chunk play COD....but mostly praising zombies, which i can agree with

minecraft isn't insanely popular, but it does come up every once in a while, discussions of hunger games/mods/etc are somewhat commonplace

oculus rift is said to be the future, and most agree that kinect is a good idea, but it sucks in general

everyone has said they'll probably upgrade around late 2014-early 2015

Pretty much there are different sections -

-Pretty much noone plays COD at my school (or at least in my grade), but they have Xbox 360/PS3s
-There's a big group of Minecrafters who talk about mods and building
-There's a group (some of my friends) that are Nintendo
-Mostly everyone has a Wii or Wii U
-Some are just computer gamers, not many

minecraft is a thing
pokemon is a huge thing
call of duty is a thing

It's a minority, but there's several high schoolers who enjoy Smash Bros and Pokemon. We have a gaming club. Melee and Project M are usually played.

Not many tamers, but those that are are Nintendo fans.

Edit: I meant gamers, but there aren't many tamers either.

The 'gamers' at my school are always changing games, once they have played one a lot online they start complaining that it sucks and move on to the next game. Since I've been there (Nearly four years now) they have played these games for particularly long periods of times: CoD Black Ops, Battlefield 3, Game Boy Pokemon (Some of them bring in their Game Boy Advances), Minecraft (Pocket Edition), NOVA 3 (iPad FPS) and Modern Combat 3 (This is probably the biggest one as we still play it at school despite it becoming popular here about 2 years ago, basically the iPad equivalent of CoD, It's actually really fun having 6v6 matches during spare time).

My friends vary a lot with gaming. Two of them are mostly PS3, one is an Xbox loyalist that is pretty much all fps' all the time, one is a huge PS2 and Gamecube fan, and my best friend is almost solely Nintendo, with a PSP and PS2 on the side. Luckily for me its a small school and pretty much all of them respect almost all consoles and systems... except the Xbox loyalist but whatever.

Smg2daisy said:
In my school there are people play Monster Hunter series and most of them using a PSP
And computer games
So we don't have talking terms in games (and other else)

That's all
Your school sounds awesome

The usual people arguing over Halo and CoD (surprisingly, Battlefield is a small minority I'm in), but there are a lot of people who know video games but don't play them much/don't have them. I can confirm I am the only Nintendo-Battlefield-CoD-Minecraft-TF2-GTA V/JC 2 fanboy in the school. *forever alone*

Everyone is about shooters and sports... a small handful (4 or 5 including me) actually like Nintendo

How many people are Sony/CoD fanboys? Too many to count.

How many people are Nintendo fans? A handful.

How many people are Nintendo fans on my level? ...Next to none.

There were people in my high school who knew what League of Legends, Minecraft, and Pokemon are, but they always loved my Mario collection. They were always cool with it whenever I brought my Mario plushies to class, usually saying it's cute and all. There were irritating CoD whores but luckily I was separated from those a-holes. The majority don't really seem to care about video games though....

League of Legends and Pokémon X/Pokémon Y are huge right now, though I've seen people play Grand Theft Auto V, Saints Row IV, one of the Soul Calibur games, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Off the top of my head:

- Battlefield fans
- Assassin's Creed fans who hated 3 and are unsure whether to get 4
- DotA 2 or LoL fans (never both... and the arguments never end)
- Some pretentious people who only play Indie games
- Lots of Pokemon / 3DSes, but not so much Nintendo fans in general
- Dark Souls fans
- GTA fans
- Universal distaste for CoD

Probably others that I can't think of. It's pretty varied and thank goodness everyone hates CoD.

I see plenty of people playing Pokemon X and Y around.

I mean, not an absurd amount, but more than a few.

^I find that incredibly awesome, that I can't believe it. At all.

Ema Skye said:
Off the top of my head:

- Battlefield fans
- Assassin's Creed fans who hated 3 and are unsure whether to get 4
- DotA 2 or LoL fans (never both... and the arguments never end)
- Some pretentious people who only play Indie games
- Lots of Pokemon / 3DSes, but not so much Nintendo fans in general
- Dark Souls fans
- GTA fans
- Universal distaste for CoD

Probably others that I can't think of. It's pretty varied and thank goodness everyone hates CoD.
I would love the people at your school. Needs less GTA though.

Back