Which character will you play as in Super Mario 3D World?

Which one?

• Mario

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Luigi

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Peach

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Toad

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
Probably Mario, but if not, then Peach.

Out of all abilities to have, the floating ability by far with be the most useful. That way, if you overjump or you are just slightly off, you won't fall to your doom, but instead float a little, basically keeping you airborne just enough to find a nice landing.

That is why I like the flying abilities a lot.

Also I think Peach's popularity comes from the fact that we've been able to use Mario, Luigi and Toad in the last three New Super Mario Bros. games, but it's been DECADES since we got to control Peach in an adventure game that wasn't Super Princess Peach and the Paper Mario series.

Anser said:
Also I think Peach's popularity comes from the fact that we've been able to use Mario, Luigi and Toad in the last three New Super Mario Bros. games, but it's been DECADES since we got to control Peach in an adventure game that wasn't Super Princess Peach and the Paper Mario series.

That's true. Also, we finally have a female character to play as.

Anser said:

Lol, I like how people are like "it's been decades since we've seen Peach playable".

And many that say that have only been playing Mario for less than a decade. :P

Crackin355 said:
Anser said:
I don't think so. Even though Peach is the leading heroine (who had to be a damsel in distress), in plot problems Daisy has always been neglected, before Toadette who couldn't take a seat from two guys of unknown origin. Chances are there, though none was taken.

In a negative view, it's either that Nintendo finally find out that fans need a female player so they give Peach along with Dixie, or the misogynistic Miyamoto thinks all playable characters must be male. (what about Miis?)

Dorayaki said:
Crackin355 said:
Anser said:
I don't think so. Even though Peach is the leading heroine (who had to be a damsel in distress), in plot problems Daisy has always been neglected, before Toadette who couldn't take a seat from two guys of unknown origin. Chances are there, though none was taken.

In a negative view, it's either that Nintendo finally find out that fans need a female player so they give Peach along with Dixie, or the misogynistic Miyamoto thinks all playable characters must be male. (what about Miis?)

Thats what i don't get

"misogynistic Miyamoto"? lol

All of them. Also, I'm really excited that Peach is going to be playable rather than being the damsel-in-distress. This was a great move on Nintendo's part :peach:

The Mario Bros. gets no love. :'(

Toad isn't THAT new. Except for his abilities. I guess people will love using Peach. She's new and exciting and all, but I can't get myself to NOT play as Mario.

I also have plans on using Luigi once my sister decides to use Rosalina instead of Toad.

Dorayaki said:
Crackin355 said:
you seem to be confused, he's talking about the playable toad that's blue.
Well, I'm actually not. If I'm, I must be confused by Nintendo.

the captain toad from the green star puzzle levels is not the same as the blue toad that you play as in the main story

Peach obviously. Planning to represent her each time.

lol poll's now outdated

Anser said:
Rosalina

Toad, because I like his ability better than the others', and because his main color is my favorite.

Oh wtf. I knew it from the beginning but wasn't sure D:

My point stands still. Toad and Rosalina (though I don't think I'll be using Rosalina very often; she seems to be very slow).

It's called hindsight bias. Don't feel bad about yourself. :D

Rosalina can attack most of the time, so I think she has potential to be good.

Peach and Toad mostly. Then I'll replay it with Rosalina and play as Mario and Luigi.

I'm going to play as all of them in a specific order. That way I won't get tired of any of the characters, and each time I get to play as Peach It'll feel like a reward of some sort.

Anser said:
we've been able to use Mario, Luigi and Toad in the last three New Super Mario Bros. games, but it's been DECADES since we got to control Peach in an adventure game that wasn't Super Princess Peach and the Paper Mario series.
It's the first time to use Toad too (though not in the main game). So at least Peach had other appearances in special games, but Rosalina and Daisy had none. It should simply be more like that Peach is not a damsel in distress for the first time after SMB2.

Mario Party X said:
MeritC said:
Peach obviously. Planning to represent her each time.
What about Rosalina?

Uh, yeah; it's just that she wasn't put in this poll. Possibly news broke out after this poll got posted about Rosalina herself.

Of course Princess Peach! She's just too peachy!

I'm glad my girl is playable in this next game. I've been waiting for Peach to really be playable in a big game like this for a while. So I'm glad it's finally happening, and hopefully we can maybe expect more playable appearances from the Princess.

Back